Centrifugal force isn't real XD

>centrifugal force isn't real XD

ITT shit undergrads say that annoy uou

Other urls found in this thread:

whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quantum
google.dk/search?q=tunnel&espv=2&biw=1093&bih=564&tbm=isch&imgil=dHshnUfPCxYYPM%3A%3B_BU-aSIMvchcuM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F6iee.com%252F771657.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=dHshnUfPCxYYPM%3A%2C_BU-aSIMvchcuM%2C_&usg=__vJVtzUT5G48PJ45WnvMLgRnbk8w=&ved=0ahUKEwj7i6D3xZTOAhWI_ywKHYHkA5UQyjcINA&ei=_SGZV7uZJYj_swGByY-oCQ#imgrc=dHshnUfPCxYYPM:
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>evolution is just a theory just like gravity

>I have a 4.0 first semester freshman , HUH engineering school is easy ,, LELELELE ima engineer

>dark matter

>le quantum consciousness

dumb frogposter

>le if we have quantum tunneling i can go back in tim, lelelele science is so cool guys

>this professor/class is so unfair and difficult!

>Stem majors deserve better treatment ,cus we are le future

That's why spin dryers don't work.

Age 0-14
>centrifugal force is real
Age 14-22
>centrifugal force isn't real
Age 22
>centrifugal force is real
Age 23+
>centrifugal force isn't real

lel
only true for amerifats though

wat

talking about the retarded freshman stem majors who think they are already Engineers or mathematicians because they took Math 101

sounds like some retarded undergrads

they do but it is an effect of quantum tunneling, it is a cylinder and a tunnel reminds of a cylinder and they resemble and they are the same and quantum means smallest physical whatever and the tunnel/cylinder is made out of it hence the effect

source:

whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quantum

google.dk/search?q=tunnel&espv=2&biw=1093&bih=564&tbm=isch&imgil=dHshnUfPCxYYPM%3A%3B_BU-aSIMvchcuM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F6iee.com%252F771657.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=dHshnUfPCxYYPM%3A%2C_BU-aSIMvchcuM%2C_&usg=__vJVtzUT5G48PJ45WnvMLgRnbk8w=&ved=0ahUKEwj7i6D3xZTOAhWI_ywKHYHkA5UQyjcINA&ei=_SGZV7uZJYj_swGByY-oCQ#imgrc=dHshnUfPCxYYPM:

lel

Hurt durr what is centrifugal clutch?

Come on anyone. It's just a side product of inertia.

We can proove any truth with maths

Indeed. You can prove that the sum of 1 + 2 + 3 +......+ infinity = -1/12 with math.

[math] \displaystyle \sum_{n=1}^\infty n = \infty [/math].

[math] \displaystyle \sum_{n\geq 1}^\mathfrak{R} n = - \frac{1}{12} [/math].

-1/12 in both cases.

[math]1+2+3+\ldots+ \infty = \infty[/math], retard

Infinity is not in the set of positive integers. It's not a real.

As a 24yr old 3 year stem major I have never, ever heard anyone say this. Ever.
Since when is centrifugal force -not- real?

since it's merely the appearance of a force from inertial effects
nothing is pulling you towards the passenger seat in a car when you make a quick left hand turn, it's just that the centripetal force from the road/tires on the car accelerating the car toward the center of the turn is greater than the frictional force between you and your seat doing the same, so you feel pulled to the right with respect to the vehicle, because there is less force keeping your inertia in check relative the the car

My high school physics teacher explicitly told us centrifugal force is NOT a 'real' force, that it only appears to be real to the object experiencing it, and that centripetal force is real.

"We can't fix leaking reactors"

>Since when
Since 1687 when Newton
published "PhilosophiƦ"

>"when will I ever use this?"

I don't think those symbols mean what you think they mean.

Fuck, you got me

did u just start 2nd year then?

As long as he defines what they mean. Those symbols can mean whatever he wants them to.

The centrifugal force is a phantom force, the force is not separate from the centripetal force, it is simply observed from a different reference point or the object exerting the force may be exerting the force in a way contrary to the method most people are familiar with

I'm a senior now

Oh, you're right, I conflated two similar things.

It seems correct statement would be:

[math]1+2+3+\ldots = -\frac{1}{12} \ (\mathfrak{R}) [/math].

So would the proper notation for Ramanujan summation be the following?

[math]\displaystyle \sum_{n=1}^\infty n = -\frac{1}{12} \ (\mathfrak{R})[/math]

Stealing this

i fucking love science

What's wrong here? First year is the hardest by far.

It's not though. It's a model and a consequence of reference frame.

dont even bother discussing it. its wrong

> fictious forces aren't real
What kinda retard are you?

wat

>"software wil do it for me"

>Why do I have to prove this? It's obvious!

If the faculty is calling you an engineer, and you are enrolled in the engineering department, seeking a bachelors in engineering, can you call yourself an engineer?

what about if you graduated with an engineering degree but your job title is physicist? can you call yourself an engineer?

engineering is legally defined. go look up the requirements.

but my diploma says engineer

>so much gay activities in the requirements
and I thought it was just a meme

>engineering is legally defined
>Engineers literally believe this

Kek.

took me a minute to determine
how that works (in the absense
of the surrounding drum) but
that is fckn awesome, thx

I've never heard of people denying that before either. But then again the last few have been "hey, science is kinda gay and I think the earth is flat."

Oh yes, the secret Engineer ID card that allows you to do engineering and gives you 50% off in all gay nightclubs

>card

It's actuall a buttplug, but basically yes

awesome

it's real in the exact same way that gravity is a real force.

>centrifugal force
you mean inertia? Why are you giving it two names? That's dumb.

>I made Deans list first term.

I have been on the presidents list while my college didnt have a president for 4 semesters. As soon as a president was hired, i was back on the deans list.

Well, maybe not engineering, but the job title 'engineer' is legally protected in most countries. You can't have 'engineer' in your job title unless you have an accredited engineering degree.

>You can't have 'engineer' in your job title unless you have an accredited engineering degree.
This is just wrong for the biggest demographic on Veeky Forums, USA.

PE licenses are granted to only ABET accredited engineers. also, washington accord.

This one is boring, where are the ICP?

>calories in calories out

>The earth revolves around the sun :^)

My understanding has always been that centrifugal and centripetal force are both real. Centrifugal force is the object pushing on the wall of the centrifuge due to inertia. Centripetal force is the same force, but originating from the wall pushing against the object.

Do people actually think there is some magical force that pushes you against the wall of a centrifuge before learning about how the whole thing works?

A good gpa doesn't always mean that they'll turn out alright. Preppy school boys turn out to be the worst fucking junior engineers on the planet. the problem is they always want to do shit exactly the way they learned.

Oh boy are you in for something.

Gravity isn't a force either. The force comes from trying to resist the acceleration of gravity.

The US has a different system, where only the title of "Professional Engineer" is protected. As I said, in most countries the title of "engineer" is itself protected.

No you can't.

>+ infinity
thats not how it works

What annoys me?
>freshmen/sophomores discussing quantum mechanics
>undergrads having 'opinions' about the century old thing they've learned
>undergrads having opinions on physicists whose work they would not even recognize if you left out the name
>people who think reading fun (popsci) books and Wikipedia articles has actually taught them something comparable to the guy 10 feet away who is a researcher in whatever field

Basically people who know nothing.

To be fair a rigorous understanding of even the Standard Model or General Relativity requires years of study, let alone QM.

String Theory and SUSY/GUT Models are only really understood by the active developers.

Most people that blather about theoretical physics couldn't pass a rigorous exam on classical mechanics. I usually respond by telling them their hypotheses are interesting and they usually go away.

>Basically people who know nothing.

don't conflate arrogance with lack of education user

No, thats not what people think

Nope, Centrifugal force is a pseudo force

Indeed. It's actually the first imaginary number.

It's a pseudo force though. There are only 4 forces in the universe, all other are a combination of those four (mostly gravitation and electromagnetic force)

That's the point he was trying to make. Both are psudeo forces.

>Ochem is so hard
>Why do we need to learn chemistry?
I fucking hate 90% of my fellow biology majors

>I don't need all this theory as a programmer
then go to a trade school and shut up

>windows vs linux vs mac
that goes for all disciplines. For 95% of users it doesn't matter, the rest has no choice

>everything about quantum computing
probably can't tell NP apart from EXPTIME but pretend to know what the next big thing will be and when it will be achieved

It's really not even acceleration lol. Free fall is an inertial reference frame. Standing still on the ground is accelerating you. Whatever tho

>this entire thread

Is this bait?
Or THIS is bait?

That is

that is basically every insufferable student under 25

>to opine
is that a real word ?

Lol Americans...

take ur opine back >:o

Damn, I guess I'd better stop saying this now.