Psychic Abilities

Are there any debatable evidence of any kind of psychic ability.

Such as clairvoyance, telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing.. etc..

Other urls found in this thread:

global-mind.org/
firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/
archive.org/details/cia-collection?and[]=subject:"STAR GATE"
tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
youtube.com/watch?v=9kVYvlRgPZM
fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew
youtube.com/watch?v=X-9BxI0zk-M
youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY
ci.nii.ac.jp/nrid/9000002675719
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
youtube.com/watch?v=eT-fvjKGDqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I occasionally have dreams of future "scenes" I will witness.

nothing comfirmed, just a load of wackos talking shit who cant stand up to proper scrutiny or any decent James Randi style grilling.

nope

deja vu (or deja reve, whichever) is just the brain fucking up and not properly timestamping a memory

you think you've seen/dreamed it before. you havent. it's fresh, and your brain is just fucking you.

Okay, but is there any scientific evidence, data, recording, or anything that might hint that we have existential consciousness may effect the universe?

take your hebephile animations back to

how is that 'hebephile' you fucking jew?

It's movie related to the topic faggot.

Answer the question, or use proper discourse. If you don't have any of that, then LEAVE.

>Are psychic abilities real?
no
>Use proper discourse
fuck off, you stupid ass pansy. asking such a retarded question on a board saying "Science and Math" is bound to get your ass roasted

Lurk more, dumbfucks.

To answer your question OP,
our thoughts and experiences are bursts of electrical signals that spread across areas of our brains and activate neurons in patterns.

If you think that can exercise any kind of non-negligible force on the physical world, you need to go back to physics 101.

>Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s upon the declassification of certain documents related to the Stargate Project, a $20 million research program that had started in 1975 and was sponsored by the U.S. government, in an attempt to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. The program was terminated in 1995 after it failed to produce any useful intelligence information.

>20 million in 75'

>$20000000 in 1975 has the same purchasing power as $96,314,718.16 in 2016.
The total inflation rate from 1975 to 2016 is 381.57359%.
The average inflation rate from 1975 to 2016 is 3.90832%.
Well they saw some kind of promise in it. holy fuck thats a lot of money.

>ask dumb /x/ tier question
>get buttblasted when people shitpost in your bad thread
kek

>dumb tier question.

>literally had both the soviets and the US spend millions into it and took the question deadly serious.

Yeah, no m8. You're kind of a narrow minded faggot.

I hope you're really not in the science field.

It's not our fault that politicians have always been retards.

>/x/

then they wasted millions.

why not throw a few million bucks into seeing if you can turn invisible with 'the power of prayer' while you're at it??

you /x/fags fuck me right off, seriously.

global-mind.org/

>being this naive

Eat a dick faggot.

>15 years of data on RNGs, scouring them for apparent structure that may correlate to traumatic global events or other such things that may illicit widespread emotional reaction of similar type
>not showing in any way that there may be a link between human thought and emotion and random number generators of any form
yeah OK reliable source you've got there

>researched by stanford, oxford, princeton, berkeley, the USAF, CIA, KGB, Mi6,... and so on.

But you know everything, right?

Why are you so willfully stupid?

just stop embarrassing yourself already

nah, fuck you cunt
and stop posting /x/fag shitlinks!

This is Veeky Forums you dumb motherfucker! if you dont have proper PEER REVIEWED sources you can get right the fuck out my Veeky Forums!!

God DAMN!

>stop asking questions that I don't fully understand
>reee

ftfy

feel free to leave faggot.

as if any of those places would waste their fucking time with your shite.

sources or GTFO

psychich abilities aren't real, god said so. god is real.

>only I can decide what fits in the parameters of Veeky Forums

jeezus you're fucking embarrassingly immature.

>feel free to leave faggot.

right back atcha, cocksucker

not peer reviewed, not science
simple

>jeezus you're fucking embarrassingly immature.
oh really?

you come to my Veeky Forums posting your dumb /x/fag shit with NO FUCKING EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER and actually expect a positive response?
really?

you best be trolling, nigger

Nope.

I've actually written some of them down, and had them occur to every detail. Only ever happened about 3 times though.

It's like you I have to force feed you like a kindergarten.

Do some leg work mouth breather.

firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/

win the lottery then.

oh wait, you cant, coz you're lying/MASSIVELY_exaggerating

I don't play the lottery. It's too rare to bet on anyway.

look it up yourself

archive.org/details/cia-collection?and[]=subject:"STAR GATE"

While you're educating yourself though.

I'm going to continue answering OP's question.

Yes there are documents and research done on it by renowned sources.

The conclusion was plausible.

...the fuck is this??

alright, lets try an easy one - fucking actually prove that the CIA wasted money on this shit.

I dont believe they ever did, you're just some fucking /x/fag troll/liar

see

not rare at all if you think you can write down accurate predictions of the future.
as you said in should be easy for you then.

Yes

People took this shit seriously.

BUMPORINO

even if your sources are legit, it proves nothing otehr than that certain dumb overspending organisations wasted their time on bullshit

SAGEORINO

If you read it, it's been proven that there is affect. Just not totally efficient enough for military, or general use.

So does that mean it isn't completely possible?

no.

not proven. minor correlations arnt proof.
theres correlation on a graph between number of drownings per year, and films Nicholas cage appeared in that year.
tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
doesnt mean he's causing it.

if there was actually proof, mainstream media would have a field day.

they've got nothing.

I think we should research it again. If we are anymore.

I mean consciousness is something we don't clearly understand yet.

But, now we know much more about our quantum world.

I didn't say I have control over what the dreams contain. If I had a dream in which I won the lottery, then sure, I'd blow a dollar on a ticket.

I'm not seer, the phenomena is most likely coincidence, or a result of some unknown physical phenomena.

youtube.com/watch?v=9kVYvlRgPZM

No

I have some subtle psychic visions. It's not much, but I have predicted near happening events that wouldn't be possible to know.

IF MEME MAGIC IS REAL.

WHY CAN'T PSYCHIC ABILITIES BE REAL?

Girls can make my dick move by stareing at me

i like the part in this about the chinese kids teleporting insects
fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf

You can use science to decode the thoughts in someones brain. Also able to use probabilities to determine future actions.

Almost every human alive is capable of causing ideas to form in other peoples heads simply by vibrating the air

How can our thought be real if out ears aren't real?

I have the ability to spot faggots simply through internet posts.

What's that? It's working now! It seems you are a faggot!

No

We know that any abilities present are too unreliable for practical purposes, and we don't have a scientific model of any mechanisms for it.

If some new development occurs, don't worry, it'll probably be spammed all over Veeky Forums.

What if simple thought and deduction through reason, is this psychic ability. We are just matter after all, ran by electrical impulses that activate muscles in an organized pattern.

But, I see people in this thread are very narrow minded, and can't conceived their simple myoptic selfish human perception.

This is why Veeky Forums is pretty much useless to even ask this question.

What the fuck are you even talking about. Are you okay?

In the late 90's Sony announced they had been researching ESP and found it to be real. They claimed they had verifiable proof of it's existence.

Some interesting talks on the subject.

youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew

youtube.com/watch?v=X-9BxI0zk-M

youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY

I've an open mind on the subject, considering how heavily the deterministic view of reality has been shaken up in recent years.

While it's not scientific, I found Ingo Swann's book about remote viewing, "Penetration: to be fascinating and so fucked up as to be not entirely unfeasible.

That doesn't mean anything.
People and governments waste millions on a lot of things that are proven to be bogus.

Just look at fucking homeopathic medicine of all things.

>19 posters
>half the thread is OP defending himself

thread stinks of samefagging on autistic levels

Was only effective at reading minds if you didn't switch the port you plug your controller into.

I (and most men) can move my penie without touching it :D

Actually, girls can make my peeny move without touching it too :)

>debatable

I think you mean credible, and the answer is no.

Everything is debatable. See the flat earth trolls, or the cigarette faggot.

Exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't think the US government ever spent anything on homeopathic drugs.

Thats something nazi's would do while they were in occultism.

>what is discussion.

>hurr debating about a subject and receiving other perspectives on the matter is same-fagging.

feel free to leave mouth breather.

Research on psi is till going on.

I've yet to see any refutation of these studies.

Hes not immature. Just autistic.

I didn't specify which government. I'm refering to the indian government in this case which supports it quite heavily. And various other governments support it over public health care systems.
For the USA in particular the FDA avoids labeling homeopathic medicine as irredeemable garbage for whatever reason.
You can probably find more bullshit concerning how much a money sink homeopathy is if you look.

People and governments waste lots of money on things that are actually proven to be grossly ineffective while they continue to waste money.

The Sony corporation actually ran a research lab on psychic phenomenon between 1990 and 1998 called ESPer Labs.

They claimed PSI existed at some extent.

neat stuff.

ci.nii.ac.jp/nrid/9000002675719

Does anyone have a subscription to this? would like to see their publications.

Other people will think you're making this up, but I've done the same thing twice.

I personally am highly skeptical of it though.

>deja vu (or deja reve, whichever) is just the brain fucking up and not properly timestamping a memory

Most of the time, anyway.

You dream very often and most things in life are pretty predictable.
Just random chance.

>It's movie related to the topic
So's this

>occasionally have dreams of future "scenes" I will witness.

Its called psychosis

Was this real?

Do we even know what consciousness is?

no

Quantum computers actually work.

Not only that but breakthrough after breakthrough is happening in the field just in the last two months.

tl;dr - parallel worlds are real.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

>No group of men have ever started a goat

Kind of. There's a book that details the actual "Psychic Studies" undertaken by the military and a few military contractors, and it's called 'The Men Who Stare at Goats" as well, but the movie just took the non-fiction narrative and made it into a fictional adventure romp. Both are pretty good, but both are making fun of a number of failed experiments that wasted millions, if not more, of gov't money on what basically amounted to uneducated whims and poorly-panned high jinks.

As for OP's question, no: the only people who take this seriously are more /x/ than Veeky Forums - parapsychology has taken off in it's own, self-indulgent direction, but no one has offered any shred of evidence, let a lone published a peer-reviewed scientific article, that proposes a human being's ability to use any kind of telepathic link or telekinetic force.

I'd keep watching to see if the BBC posts some shit article one day, saying "Is this Science Fictions?!" because an EKG machine can measure something new, though, but nothing crazy.

Shit like this make me want to suicide just to check what happens.

holy shit, it actually happened.

what the hell sony? was this some sort of viral advertising campaign?

youtube.com/watch?v=eT-fvjKGDqg

There is something so enticing about this.

there is literally 0% evidence of the many-worlds interpretation

>evidence
>for an interpretation
you might not understand what an interpretation is

I doubt he understands much in life.

Same. I met a woman in my dream that I did not recognise and 2 days later I drove past her walking in the street

You drove past her before, subconsciously saved that image and dreamt of her, while later you saw her again and your brain made the connection to the dream.

Quantum tunneling.

I once dreamed vividly going in a cab and taking a specific path and observing some structures on that path.

When I woke up - I kept thinking about that dream, because it was strangely vivid - keeping it with me in my awareness - then I actually took a cab and felt intense deja vu as the scenario matched the dream.

But sincerely that's like the only odd event I can attribute some genuineness everything else I've experienced could be delusions.

They should've used those abilities to foresee their corporate decline then.

Sure it's an interpretation, what exists is multiple worlds, now we need a mathematical model to explain them, until now people did not take it seriously, because they didn't even expect quantum computers to work.

kek.

Are brainwaves an actual energy?