>inb4 there is no error

there is no error
only Zuul.

The line
2(a-b)=a-b
to get to
2=1
is a total fallacy

srisly though, no dividing by zero, newfag.

>a = b
>2(a - b)
>a - b = 0

Hummum

Since a=b, a-b=0.
In the 6th line of the problem, you are simplifying the equation by dividing both sides by a-b, but you cant because a-b=0 thus you are dividing by 0

>dividing by zero
never go full retard

wow..... really makes you think huh...

[math]If[/math]1 contains a group of 4 elements {1,1,2,2}^2 and 2 contains another group of 4 elements {1,1,2,2}; and either 1 and 2 contains the values 1 and 2,

then 1 = 2

there's no mistake

you aren't actually stating the error though

you're just saying LUL U CAN'T DIVIDE BY ZERO CUZ THAT'S WHAT I LEARNT IN 3RD GRADE

the only good post ITT

Zero has no inverse in the field R(+, *)

>Zero has no inverse in the field R(+, *)
addendum: that is because its the neutral element of addition

You set a=b this means a-b = 0 NOT a-b =1

since a = b then a - b = 0

you are literally dividing both sides by 0

The error is that you make the leap in line 4 to saying that 2-2 = 1+1-2, or 0 = 0.
Which is true but 0 can't be treated as a number in elemental algebra. You could prove that anything equals anything else in that case.

last line should be a = b not 2 = 1

>you're just saying LUL U CAN'T DIVIDE BY ZERO CUZ THAT'S WHAT I LEARNT IN 3RD GRADE

Yes, 3rd graders understand this concept so why can't you?

but why

correct :^)

Need some help from maths fags
Didn't want to create a new thread for this so I thought I'd reply here

I've taken up to Calculus II so far and I'm going to be taking Differential Q's in the fall. I have a few questions about it. Does it use any divergence and convergence tests? I got really fucked up by those due to a lack of studying and failing to memorize the different tests. Also, what other maths can I study before the fall comes that I'm ready for? I was thinking maybe Calc III or Linear Algebra, but I'm not sure which one will be more useful for engineering.

Thanks in advance for the help!

The only thing you really need to know is basic derivatives and trig.

You can learn linear algebra and about Jacobians if you want but it doesn't get covered in depth.

You don't look at series at all in ode

Does linear algebra use any of the topics covered in calculus?

>you can't divide by 0
>but why?
>because you can't divide by 0
>correct :^)

fuck off

deducing 2 = 1 from this is the error.
a and b are both fucking 0.

No, not really. Linear independence, vectors, set theory, matrices are learned about, you'll come across them in other Calc / analysis classes but it's not Calc really. Just happens that you don't need a full course on the subjects in undergrad so they are taught in multiple courses.

>What are solution spaces

What? If you don't use series in ODE you are missing out on the most general brute force method for solving linear ODEs.

a - b = 0, so 2*0 = 0 because 0 = 0

Divison by zero is the error.

The error is the post itself. Every time I decide to lurk on Veeky Forums, I swear to God, every fucking time there's a thread asking "how does I math" and there's a Facebook pic that's being posted since mankind discovered maths. Then I just give up and leave Veeky Forums.

xoxo

Since a = b.
Replace b with a.

2 (a - a) = a - a
2*0 = 0

It's either 0 = 0 or you're dividing by zero.

Easier to see the error that way

Math is shitty system made up by humans that doesn't work perfectly
More news at 11

In the case of the image you're replying to it's somebody dividing by zero but attempting to hide that fact.