This blows my mind so much on so many levels it almost makes me want to cry

This blows my mind so much on so many levels it almost makes me want to cry.

What stuff makes you feel this way?

what is this?

It's a gift from our ancient water bee overlords.

it looks interesting but why does it blow your mind?

What am I looking at

> perhaps your daddy is there

>What stuff makes you feel like crying?

Calculating how much the dentist will charge, measuring my weight, seeing floaters.

>not OUR daddy

Almost cried like a bitch when I saw the hubble ultra deep field shot.
So many fucking galaxies with so many stars and planets we'll never get to see, it's not fair. And that was only in a tiny bit of the sky.

Will probably find a poster of it to hang up at home.

large prime numbers

>Calculating how much the dentist will charge
ikr? how cruel a joke it is when you have to endure all of that pain and then pay for it.

>So many fucking galaxies with so many stars and planets we'll never get to see
they're probably boring af compared to earth desu

>i have literally no fantasy, the post

This board is fucking shittier than ever. Literal drooling retards can't even use the fucking internet.

>paleodictyon
>Paleodictyon consist of thin tunnels or ridges that usually form hexagonal or polygonal-shaped honeycomb-like network. [1] Both irregular and regular nets are known throughout the stratigraphic range of Paleodictyon, but it is the striking regular honeycomb pattern of some forms such as P. carpathecum and P. nodosum which make it notable and widely studied.
The question is whether these patterns are burrows of marine animals such as worms[1] or fossilized remains of ancient organisms (sponges or algae).[9] Observations on Paleodictyon using Euler graph theory suggest that it cannot be an excavation trace fossil, and that it must therefore be an imprint, body fossil, or be of abiotic origin.[10]

christ that was just so hard

I'd say thank you, but you were so rude ;_;

sorry i'm just tired of seeing garbage every time I open the catalog. Also math threads since I'm a biologist. coming to Veeky Forums has been making me angry lately

Have they confirmed what makes these yet?

how do you confirm anything like that?

do you make an experiment with those animals?

There's an easy solution to that.

Fair point. Maybe I should have said "found a candidate that is very likely to be the cause"

I AM VERY ANGERY

GIVE ME THE FFFFUCKING SHIT?

maths makes you angry?

maybe there are some forums solely on biology which would make you calm and relaxed?

Innerspace
>2spooky

>tfw you realize that you're genetically related to every lifeform on Earth that has ever existed
>tfw you pick up any fossil and it is literally your family

>were made of the stars we see meme arrow

>chemistry can compete with the profundity of biology

gtfo pleb

Once when I was driving to work early in the morning I was coming down a hill and had a great view of the sun coming over the horizon through some light fog, so I could look straight at but still clearly see its shape.

For some reason my perspective shifted and and I was genuinely struck by the scale of what I was looking at, the whole volume of space between earth and the sun. The distances and masses and sheer MASSIVENESS of the whole thing.

I actually had to pull over because I started to cry, one of the most intense and beautiful moments of my life

Probably this, at least as far as sci stuff goes.

>implying the world hasnt lost more than 50% of its forest many times before

Doesn't the Earth harbor like 2 trillion trees?

>forests existed prior to snowball earth

fire pls go.

>muh absolute rather than relative magnitude,

None of this matter anyway because the vast majority of photosynthetic biomass is in the oceans

>vast majority of photosynthetic biomass is in the oceans
Only because the vast majority of the earths surface is ocean

>None of this matter anyway

Proof?

(Idiot)

The fundamental theorem of Galois theory gave me shivers.

Correct?

what is this

OP here. I don't browse Veeky Forums.

Is this a meme? Because it's pretty effective.

You're saying we should have to google it ever time an op start out with cryptic content?
Asking is easier and more interactive as well.

It links fields and groups in an absolutely beautiful way. Roughly speaking, it establishes an inclusion reversing isomorphism between extension fields and their automorphism groups.

>Literal drooling retards can't even use the fucking internet.

The real drooling retard is OP, who can't just type in what we're looking at and why it impresses him.

Good luck attempting to graduate high school and with your first job at Arby's.

...which suffer as well from industrialization.

As far as im aware there has been no significant damage to ocean plants/photosynthetic microbes

Correct me if im wrong though

IIRC the issue would be that the equilibrium includes the aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, so even if one is largely stable the impacts on the other still impacts the systems balance overall.

Well thats a reasonable point

I'm trying to put it into words but I just can't find any that describe this feeling, I just get overwhelmed by the universe around me, that everything from the entire sum of human history to the sub-atomic structure of the universe is real. I know this makes me sound like a moron or a nutjob but just comprehending that it's all REAL, it's all just too fantastical to believe, more amazing than any ideas of magic or paranormal. It all just flies through my head at a million miles a second and I feel like my heart is melting in my chest, just to realize how much goes on around me, and has done so before me in order to reach this point and then go on. Just these few sentences doesn't even seem like I'm addressing the same feeling it's so intense, like if I could rewrite every book in history I wouldn't have half the space I would need to capture this focus.

pfffftt, nigga you gay

Looks like old slime mold to be honest.

thats beautiful. I'm glad people feel things like this.

Just to ruin it for you im an apathetic socially isolated nihilist drifting closer to suicide every day

I feel you :')

that at any moment there's a few billions of people living their own lives which are different from mine, thinking and minding their own business

>trees are made out of air
>given the amount of planets in the universe there are probably intelligent beings out there posting memes on their own internet boards
>planet Earth and everything on it is normal to us but to alien species a sight of grass, trees and blue sky would be mind blowing

phew

Sounds more like he has lots of built up stress. Probably over money or relationship issues. Either that or his eyes teared up because the bright sun is really bright to be staring at and decided to make some shit up.

not really, conidering the conditions of life are probably similar

there is a reason the sky is blue and trees are green, it's not random

Genes, neurons, electricity...
The human body's systems

Let p be a prime number, and assume p...

Carl Sagan.

Have you considered fucking off and killing yourself? You fucking faggot piece of shit