What is the best curry? Going to a Indian place tomorrow

What is the best curry? Going to a Indian place tomorrow.

Chicken, beef or goat? I tried goat last time and liked it but is it the best one?

Rogan Josh (mutton) and Butter Chicken are usually pretty high quality

>Indian place
>beef

Must be a Muslim Indian place. While they usually don't serve beef, they technically can.

I wonder if they serve pork tho.

for me its the thai panang curry, the best curry recipe.

indian? rogan josh.

Lots of people mistake Pakistani for Indian

Pretty much indistinguishable except for the meat

honestly im a fan of saag paneer. must have indian spinach dish

If you eat Indian in a first world country their serve their curry dishes with a beef option.

Beef vindaloo is probably my favourite curry.

I really liked coconut chicken curry, but it gave me shits within the hour. Now I know why India is such a shithole.

>Beef vindaloo is probably my favourite curry.
Even though you are a non-American shit heel, I agree with you.

This is my fave, I'm gonna make this for lunch tomorrow now

Chicken Dhansak is my usual choice.

Chicken Jalfraezi please.

Chicken tikka and any chickpea dish

My nigga

Also any mutton curry with a lot of ginger, like mutton kadai

I love me a good chicken balti with chick peas and carrots.

"Indian" food is actually Bengali as I understood it

Depends on how you like your curries.

As a Brit, I love curries (like most Brits do)

Start off with ordering drinks along with some pickle dishes and popadoms. (most restaurants will bring you a few pots of spicy chutneys and a load of popadoms, to break and dip into the chutneys).

Order your main course* (see later) but also order some sides . . . .I recommend, Sag Bhajee, Bhindi Bhajee, Mushroom Bhajee, Aloo Gobi. and share these with the party.

* When it comes to heat and main courses AMA

>"Indian" food is actually Bengali as I understood it
In England there are Indian Restaurants run by Indians but if the truth be known, the majority are run by Bangladeshi's.

british curries are about as authentic as american chinese food.

Always go for mutton curry with biryani rice

>british curries are about as authentic as american chinese food.
No you are wrong.

Unlike Americans, the British adapted to Indian food . . . .and as you may know invented a few adaptations of their own, the same applies to Chinese restaurants in Britain.

>Always go for mutton curry with biryani rice
A Lamb Biryani is a good choice, often served with a Vegetable curry. Nice, Mild and tasty.

no. I am right. indians don't even use the word curry. educate yourself.

and having lived in china I can tell you that chinese food - while not as bad as in the US - is still trash for the white man.

>indians don't even use the word curry. educate yourself.
Oh please.
That is so desperate.
2/10

watch rick stein in india. he asks almost everyone he meets what they understand the word 'curry' to mean.

and he also raves about how shitty the food is compared to in the UK. he does run across a lad from manchester or somewhere who no doubt got deported back to bangladesh, who says the local food is bland due to his taste buds being raped by shitty brit vindaloos.

admittedly I am regurgitating a TV show, but based stein's word is good enough for me.

Rick Stein is a very comfy chef and I like him but the odd anecdote doesn't really prove much.

Most of what we have in Britain is very similar to what is eaten abroad. (minus the dysentery and 1001 flies) . .. .there is no doubt that Britain invented their own variations, Phaal and Tikkia Masala being the most well known but on the whole British Indian food is more authentic than Indian food sold in America, which has changed to suit America palettes.

Why are you such a twinkly-eyed faggot?

Lamb is pcool

no doubt the 'curry' places the tour bus drops 50 year old fat tourists at on the golden triangle tour cater for the same tastes.

Whatever.

>indians don't even use the word curry. educate yourself.
They use the word Kari which means sauce, not hard to link the two.

>Penang
>Thai

Good one.

>Unlike Americans, the British adapted to Indian food

Sure they did, Nigel.

Sure they did.

Why are you Brits so deluded?

>British Indian food is more authentic than Indian food sold in America, which has changed to suit America palettes

EVERY restaurant changes shit to suit the customer, regardless of what kind of food it is. EVERY single one.

You really are an idiot....or maybe you're 12.

Go back to /b/.

Lamb is best in my opinion but I get chicken because I'm cheap and care less about the meat and more about the curry itself.

I'd really like more places to serve a veg/mear combo.

I like Thai curry but too many restaurants serve such a watery version.

Go back to /reddit/tumblr/instagram

The vegetarian ones

Lamb pathia if you are a man
Butter chicken if you are a woman/child

>British lad thinks his curry is authentic
and I thought us Americans were delusional

Beef is the best but an Indian place won't have it. Goat is the worst and pork is about the same as chicken depending on the curry

Rarely desu mostly lamb or chicken. With a couple of beef options.

Lamb is best tho.

English Indian food is very rich and saucy, includes meat rarely eaten in India. The dishes are made very spicy without flavour because they are expected to be eaten by drunk people who have already been drinking for a few hours and think that the hotter it is the more authentic it is

Generally, I like goat and lamb curry best. Chicken is okay, but not as flavorful.
But, I only eat those once in a while. I usually get Baigan Bharta, Malai Kofta, Saag Paneer, or Vegetable Korma, just because I like the flavors so much. I do love a good, hot goat or lamb Vindaloo, though.

>without flavour

Okay kid

If you're not planning on buying a chicken vindaloo, and washing it down with many many pints of lager, then you're probably a poofter.

>think that the hotter it is the more authentic it is

Nobody thinks that, we just think it's better.

POO
O
O

Panjeet's special "poo a la loo" curry with a special fecal matter ingredient added for authenticity.
It feels like i'm back in India.

Are you high? Or do you just have shit indian restaurants where you live?

I agree, Penang curry is the dogs in Thai coking although there are many more pretty well as good.
If you really want to blow your head off with spice, try kua kling, a dry meat Southern Thai curry, mainly pork mince, but beef and chicken mince are used to a lesser extent

Chicken Bhuna lad

japanese curry :3

Actually Curry in Britain (and Chinese food too) is more authentic than you would get in America.

lamb curry, everything else is shit

that's because you have let poo in loos and ching chongs take over your country and culture.

hopefully trump will stop America from becoming the new UK

>that's because you have let poo in loos and ching chongs take over your country and culture.
That's just being stupid.

Britain has had long ties with India and the Chinese that run the Restaurants mostly come from Hong Kong. (they are not Korean, like in America)

>That's just being stupid.
You keep saying that, but when 90% of takeaways and corner shops are owned by asians, how can you argue?

It won't be long before fish and chips become a rarity and all you can find for tea is chicken vindaloo and duck noodles.

You are being stupid.
Britain is 87% white
America is 56% white(including Arabs and North Africans. Britain has a long way to go yet.

Besides is this way >

Go for the beef! Pro tip ask for "Extra Holy"

Lamb Phall, totally worth pissing out of your arse the next day.

Beef Madras will sort you out.

>Lamb Phall,
Brit detected.
Chicken is usually cheaper mate, a phall for a curry newbie is not a good idea.

For a Lamb dish, I recommend a Dopiaza or Rogan Gosh.

I'm with this guy/gal.

I'd say you like the taste of shit, but Indians are special. Because of all the spices they eat, the fecal matter that gets unwillingly mixed in with the Indian food has a different flavor.

So I'd say you like the taste of special poo. Indian poo.

Lamb vindaloo or chiken phal

>Beef curry

This.

To proof the point: in many curry places you can order desi style/apna style curries which are different from the normal, bland hot/medium/mild curries.

Very often they might even be less hot than the brit version. But they will definitely have more flavor and spices.

Is this actually the case?
Most indian food I've eaten seems to always be the absolute blandest shit. Making a stew with your only flavour being cumin and making it spicy as shit is just boring. It'd be nice to taste something with that flavour base that actually tried.

I'm indian and me and all Indians I know use the term chicken/fish/etc curry to mean whatever cooked in a spicy sauce, pretty much what it means in the west.

>He thinks they don't eat beef in India

goat is GOAT

British Indian food is a separate and very different cuisine from any of those found in India. You will see it referred to in some places as BIR for British Indian Restaurant. It's good in it's own right, but generally nothing like what you'd be served in India.

It bears no resemblance whatever to any Indian cuisine except perhaps sharing a spice palette.

Impossible to link the two as they have no connection. "British Indian" food is just British food.

>spice palette.
a what?

They do use the term curry to be honest, not that it matters...

'British Indian' food is Indian food, it's just done badly. To say they have no connection is stupid.

BUT there is no point talking about Indian food like it's some homogenous entity, India & its food is very regional. South Indian is often a lot more watery and uses lots of coconut whereas Northern Indian is thicker, uses way more meat etc.

OP - get a few curries and share between you - Daal Saag (Daal & Spinach) is good though.

If it's South Indian get a Masala Dosa

Goat or lamb

purist here. beef curry is not indian. lamb curry, goat or chicken are good. the stronger meats stand up to the flavor better. chicken has good texture though. i would try chicken if i didnt know he restaurant. hate when lamb/goat is too bony, thats when they are cheap

lamb vindaloo, mother fucker. suck my dick.

I hate some curry last night and it made me shit jetstreams out my asshole. I fucking destroyed that toilet.

Makes me worried because I really enjoyed the curry, I hope my stomach isn't too sensitive for it :/

I'm actually Indian and will recommend some vegetarian curries.

-Malai kofta
-Navratan
-Palak (paneer/aloo)
-Paneer tikka (this is a meme but everyone likes it)

If they have south Indian (dosa/idli/uttapam)/etc, I'd get that. If they have something like chana bhatura, biryani that you haven't tried, I'd get that. Indian food isn't just curries.

any kashmiri curry really

South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken.

Most of the posters here are Americans, you are 'casting pearls before swine' my friend.

Unless it's beef or chicken in a sweet sauce, Americans won't touch it.