My semen demon (she's studying literature) sent me this

My semen demon (she's studying literature) sent me this

Is she right? I already passed my obligatory courses on physics, so I could theoretically forget about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QoLcpkoX-wA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe we could change that though with physics and new technology. We're all here for either the sake of our knowledge or to impact the earth positively, if you won't do it then no doubt someone else will make a contribution.

>She's studying literature.

Do you think she's right, user? Do you really?

Well, she said that while I am working my ass off with ugly equations, she's just having fun reading

Only if you are a solipsist

Fuck her.

By that logic, either you aren't real or she isn't. If you aren't real, it doesn't matter to you and nothing does. If she isn't, why are you listening to a hallucination?

There nothing wrong with solving a good problem. If she can't see this, she may be retarded.

>ugly equations

Time to drop the bitch

OP might be an engineer. Female engineer, I mean, to resolve the apparent paradox.

/thread

>people will turn against you for your actions.
but people are creations of your mind

why would they turn against you?

I regularly like to put forward the philosophy that "the universe ends when you die" (and I have a PhD in physics).

The arguments against this solipsism are always some application of occams razor, which is a principle or tool that can't be proven to always apply. There are problems of induction with no sure answers, and people who "love science" often just delude themselves that things they happen not to like can be rationally explained away. That's not the case.

The arguments against such a thing mostly go like: Other peoples lives go on after you die, because you witnessed some people die in your time, while again some other peoples lives were not affected by it. Thus if I die, why should it affect the others?
But of course you being you and experiencing everything always only through your view, you're a particular special person among all persons. Even without pointing it out, it's a leap of faith to conclude the above reasoning applies. I.e., again, it's a judgement based on "the converse is unlikely, I think".

One way or another, this all probably doesn't affect your actions much. It's not like "doing what I want because nothing matters" seems like a good solution to the "optimization problem of life". It's a bad strategy to act in a way that people will turn against you for your actions.
Nevertheless, I think it's relevant to study issues beyond science (e.g. the problem of induction and it's friends).

Sorry, added some notes.

>but people are creations of your mind
>why would they turn against you?
Those points are unrelated. If you know the feeling of pain and so like to avoid it, you're well advised to act in a way that avoids things that will cause pain.
The ontological status of the source ("are other humans really real?") or even the pain itself is irrelevant. You know and feel the pain.

Besides, keep in mind, all this is questionable talk, from a positivist perspective. A young Wittgenstein would say
>"are other humans really real?"
is meaningless and shouldn't even be expressed.
Less people think so today, or don't want to view the world like that just so that they can keep on talking and thinking, and I'm with them that it's fun.

Beat the fuck out of her

>the Universe will disappear when you die
>therefore stop worrying about Physics while you are alive
AEHAEHEAHAUE

>My semen demon
it is a breach of etiquette to lie on the internet

She's right, in a sense.

Don't pursue physics, or anything else, if you do not have your own reasons for enjoying them.

Let me give you another example:

You can't know that anybody will experience tomorrow. They world may end today, time freezes and no more time evolution, all that things you'd predict (moving particles change location) just doesn't happen anymore. Physics may apply only up until today.
That's a proposal that's random in its details (why would something happen that never happened before? why tomorrow exactly?) and so we apply Occams razor and conclude there's no reason to believe it should or that considering it would even bring as anything. These kind of things are disregarded for practical reasons.
But people should not delude themselves into thinking they rules out that time may stop tomorrow in any rational or scientific way!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the same could be said about any subjects?

Physics is extremely accurate, useful, meaningful, deep, and above all, interesting. It's satisfying to know because then you know more about the world WHILE IN IT.

Literature is for posers and losers. The idea she's having more fun is childish and lame.

oh god cara *drools*

Yogurt.
It's a culture.
I'm making some right now.

The culture came from Turkey.
It's much better than processed yogurt.
I got some organic milk and am hoping for good results. I never get it as good as my mom does it, but I hope it will become better with time.

At the end of the day it's matter of belief, and science seeks justification through results.
And the culture is really good and required some knowledge to build up first.

i dont even understand how this is b8\anything .
do people study physics because they assume the universe exists after\before them ?.
as far as im aware there's certain theories that can explain the past if we make some assumptions (such as the existence of the past) but its not like super central to physics .

>all these people thinking she literally thinks that the universe began at your birth and will end at your death
I think she means that your consciousness, which is all you will ever know, is all that you really need to worry about. I doubt she's a solipsist kek.

I just see it as the universe was born and nothing has died because the universe still hasn't gone through it death cycle. Everything get recycled. So I see life as one long fucking life that started with the big bang. We just have consciousness so we assume everything revolve around us.

thanks Sherlock, really made me think

She's trying to get your attention. What she's saying has nothing to do with physics. Your intellect intimidates her and she's scared that you will leave her for a girl who you think is smarter than her. She wrapped all her insecurity up into a nice little .png and sent it to you so that you could know her only ambition in life is to get married and have children. What the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums you stupid faggot go propose.

shit i just reread the thread and now i noticed how retarded my post was
i'm on adderall and i've been awake for 2 days kek

>Is she right?
We can test her hypothesis. Kill yourself, and we will check if the universe still around after. Do it for science, user!

I'l be keking when you won't be able to form a coherent thought, after that adderal runs out.

If you have no interest in it then just go on and forget it you fucking dunce.

can the bacteria you got sing sufi music?
are they also tanzimat poets?
its really important for me to determine their culture

Hah, you dismiss the other guys argument yet did not bring forth evidence that your own argument is correct. Nice framing.

>literature
shit catch, find a better one

>she's studying literature
Well literature is a part of the universe so tell her that, whatever she is doing, is even less important than physics and that caring about literature is about as pathetic as you can get.

What I read:
D-don't replace me user...
please...I can be useful...please...

Reading is fun though

If you don't like physics for its own sake and because you love solving physics problems then drop it. Nobody should study physics because "it's important", "it's literally the universe dude" or whatever.

lol moron

what the FUCK

>whatthefuckamireading.jpg

Yea, there is even audiobook: youtu.be/QoLcpkoX-wA .

Wow, this is another true Tingler.
Everybody new to this should check out the classics like "Gay T-Rex Law Firm: Executive Boner", "Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"" and "Angry Man Pounded by the Fear of His Latent Gayness Over a Dinosaur Transitioning Into a Unicorn"

there is already a "sequel"

>Slammed by the Substantial Amount of Press Generated by My Book "Pounded by the Pound: Turned Gay by the Socioeconomic Implications of Britain Leaving the European Union"

I'm fucking dying

You are literally a child if you have protagonist syndrome.