Would you abstain from buying a book if the cover was ugly?

Would you abstain from buying a book if the cover was ugly?

It seems almost impossible to achieve aesthetic book shelves unless you have the funds for all leather-bound, everything's so fucking gaudy nowadays.

Not necessarily, but if my library had it or I wasn't /that/ interested yes.

Will not tolerate Wordsworth classics. Also, your pic shows Kafka's own drawings.

i like this one

Misrepresentation.

Who are shit, and nevertheless combined with some dank MS Word 2000 font effects.

I own this and I love the design.

Ta dig i arslet OP!

Med en sådan oestetisk bokhylla kommer du aldrig få doppa, kompis.
>dkn svenska bokomslag är de värsta

Yeah, I guess.

Min hylla ser ut som skit, medges, men jag bryr mig mest om texten favä.

English please. I want to be able to pretend that the people here are better than flashbackers.

who made these drawings? I've got similar ones on my german editions and I don't think it says who drew them
are they somehow related to Kafka?

All people are better than flashbackers.

Best Swedish book, comrades?
I always felt Strindberg is the Swedish embodiment of r9k (but more intelligent)

oh. can't complain then

I would definitely value print and paper quality (translation when applies) over the cover. But I could never buy or even borrow a book with a movie screenshot on cover or some bullshit last me pic related.

But are all channers people?

Complete Tranströmer.

I haven't really gotten started with Swedish lit. yet but I do enjoy Strindberg. His prose is fantastic, I feel like I can open any work by him on any page and just enjoy his style.

I bought this recently, so no. Looks like a fucking video game cover or something

my copy of the road has fucking viggo mortensen on the cover
I know why, but why

That's the kind of thing I would never be seen with on a subway or a bus with. It does not have to be a pleb alert but somehow it is

Arktos publish some good stuff but goddamn their graphic design sucks ass

I was going to say their Guenon covers were alright but I just checked it and they only distribute them so that's out too.

Shame this is literally the only english-language Linkola you can get too.

I haven't bought Steppenwolf because the bookstore only had the cover that's a really loud shade of orange fur that I couldn't deal with. I'll just order a different one on the internet eventually.