/smg/ - Stock Market General

Ignore AMRS shills edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

retailinvestor.org/pdf/Bengen1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worried winner from last thread, I am worried too but holding. Everything screaming take profit. Usually that means losses incoming but I find that holding through them leads to greater gain later.

What's really worrying is how the market is barely reacting to bad news like the tariffs and Cohn's resignation. I've already recovered everything since that announcement.

big money probably knows something that we don't

see you guys Next week

Post your weeks gainz

>Faded the rally at 10:30

JUST

update your phone

THANK YOU BASED TRUMP

Never

All in FNGU right now.

Degiro doesn’t have charts... I have no idea how much I’m up this week.

DuMp into the close

PLEASE

>They are complacent
>Hit it

Why

I told you fucking faggots about GEN but I see no one followed through.

Pic
Jelly

Not on Sminem's watch

What buttons did you click to win dis much

Options are the greatest financial instrument ever created.

i dont even want to post mine after seeing this.

Great week sad I didn't buy more.

it's comfy. FANG tech stocks at 3x leverage.

I know I should take probably profit soon so I don't get XIV'd if a correction happens again

I am too afraid to play options

>you’re on the list only 600,000 people in line
Tf is this robinhood? Why they do this? What is this, USSR? I’ll pay to get it instant, like a real american.

Here's the week chart for the /smg/ hedge fund. Stressful desu

I know that feel.

why this new FNGU instead of using TECL? thats what im in

/smg/ hedge fund needs a risk manager

I do not remember the last time we had a day where equities literally just rallied all day.

Makes sense that I decided to fade this one after I was long

Do research, buy a few, and set an easy goal. I could have walked away with 33% gains as soon as I bought a few, but I'm a degenerate gambler.

All these tiny portfolios. This is only for the past day, it sucks how tdameritrade doesn't really track your portfolio over time.

pls no bully

nice posting, everybody found $50k at once on the gruond and nobody started making money $10-15 an hour at a time

based

>bears

lel

mint.com does a nice job and hooks into ameritrade

Not a bear but man did I get JUSTED trying to fade.

nice

Honestly, if you don't have >10k in stocks, you're better off investing that time and money in your education.

All in on UVXY?

It's just concentrated on 10 companies. It's been outperforming TECL and for some reason my broker lets me use more margin on it versus other 3x ETFS

Amerilard fund beat all indexes today +2.1%

>not even 500k$
>you can make gains worth more than most a great number of salaries

I used to own a retail business then I got bezosed and sold it. 500k$ are not even that much money.

Do you have to study the math behind the options ? like the greek letters, Black-Scholes and such ?

>they put alibaba instead of Altaba
portfolio manger should be fired

Not bad. I started off the week good until I justed myself. Have a good weekend guys. I'll shitpost with you on Monday.

Twitter over Snap? Fucking joke.

FUCKING COHN REEEE.

>my broker charges me $75 to buy Vanguard funds
fuck this gay earth

>500k$ are not even that much money.
Yeah, I'm finding that out the hard way. Can't even buy a decent condo in my city with that money. But at least it's enough to keep me from slaving over a mortgage for 30 years.

I'm learning them in tandem with throwing money at options and seeing their behavior. This week was pure luck, I threw half of my assets into UVXY puts.

I’ve had better but at least I recovered my losses and gained a little.

all in on UVXY >quadruple margined >with kidneys as collateral

For what purpose? Altaba is just a holding company of Alibaba shares and Yahoo Japan shares

The resignation was the only thing costing me from having comfy gains this week.

I mean, with 500k$, you can earn more than most people's wage.
With only 500k$, you are free.
Buy condo ? don't be a boomer cuck. I find real estate is way more risky than stocks and such.

I guess it is the best way to learn, by throwing money at it and any losses are lesson fees

>want to buy amazon
>One share is like 75% of my account
How long until I get priced out of this monopoly?

>Implying I'm not losing money during calc2 lectures

nah, you need like 2.5 M to be free

use CFD

*teleports 10% higher*
nuttin personal kiddo

I would like to thank the 20 shares of myo I bought on Wednesday for turning what could have been an okay week into : \ week

AMZN really needs a 4 or even 5-1 split. I think Bezos is waiting for the momentum to start to fade before using this to give it another pump.

>playing an M&A
>acquirer gives a tender offer to shareholders of +$9/sh and .whatever shares of the acquiring company
>gonna make bank
>deal closes, fuck yes
>slapped with $50 fee
>back then comms were $10 and there was no robinhood
>paid $10 to buy, $10 to sell new shares
>$70 and the new shares were down because the company spent money
And thats how I learned about reorganization fees. And not to play M&A

>he invested in a company that put this on their homepage
god bless

I unironcially do this in my calc1 lectures

use margin

Big miss on that dip there but I'm fine with this

because altlaba holds the majority of alibaba and are an investment company, which means their stock follows alibaba but at a less volatile rate, thus removing downside risk

oops wrong image.

>2.5m
No way do you need that much. You can live off of a 100k high yield Divi portfolio.

such as?

Fuck I should have bought 200

But for realz I think it should adjust to a smooth 6 early next week

what lol

I-is stocks the new crypto guys? You guys all have green PF's while my shitcoinfolio is blood red

dont forget inflation.
studies show you can safely extract 4% of your portfolio per year if you want to keep up with inflation

I paid nearly 2k in ADR fees. Tried to look up where these fees were stated and could never find how they came up with the exact amount. As far as I'm aware, it was arbitrary. I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't make 130k on that trade.

>implying the tarrifs are bad

Flat day. Most stocks hung around +/- 2%. One interesting break from the norm: golden goose Canopy Growth closed down 2.7% while fellow big three companies Aphria and Aurora close up 2% and 1% respectively. No particular reason, whales playing whale games i imagine. There is some pretty obvious price manipulation in the sector right now, i think mostly to cool the heels of the bulls a bit for a week or two. Lots of accumulation going on around power hour in particular this week.

Bull run this spring will be something special. I believe it will eclipse January highs by a decent margin. And then it will crash, consolidate, limp along until first earnings after recreational sales commence.

Just look at companies like Verizon. They have a 4% dividend yield, and that's just off the top of my head. Compounding dividends are the one true way. It's how Buffet-sama made his billions.

study in question
retailinvestor.org/pdf/Bengen1.pdf

you dumbass fucking retard 4 percent of 100k is not enough to live on

yeah I love living off $4k

At the beginning it is 500k$

buffet made his millions trading index funds before dividends, then he went all in on KO

7.6% in a week is good right

Very good

You guys don't get it. There are even higher yielding Divi stocks. Even ones that pay monthly. MORL and CEFL(13% monthly dividend yeald) are two more, but I'm not gonna spoon-feed you brainlets. If you're smart, You really don't need to have a lot of money or use leverage.
Buffet traded way more than just Coke and vanguard shit. All have dividends by the way. You all need to read this book. It's like the Bible of investing.

does this book talk about AMRS and DRYS ?

Further to this, i should explain why i'm so bullish on this sector for this spring in particular. It's a combination of two things; first the obvious that it's an emerging market both for Canada and globally as sentiment regarding prohibition of marijuana is changing. Second, despite the first reason, this remains the most shorted sector on the Canadian exchanges. Part of the explanation for November 2017-first week January 2018 was a huge short squeeze thanks to record numbers of new investors entering the market just for this. I thought the short positions would decrease after the crash but the numbers say otherwise. Still most shorted sector and the squeeze will be even better (or worse if you're shorting) this time around.

Lol, hell no.

big5 was supposed to short squeeze too

Should I buy PEP or KO?

The end of this week also marks the end of my first month investing. I made nice gains but I feel like I could have done better. Any tips you faggots can offer a portfoliolet?

yes. Ch 05: Moon Missions

b-but I want to pay for my education with stock market gainz