Beer general

Looks like my original beer general died, so, time to make a new one

What are you drinking? What are you looking forward to? Tried anything good lately? Post anything and everything related to beer

Pic related is what i'm drinking at this moment; a standard chocolate porter. Nothing special but drinkable

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Barrel_Polka
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drinking this guy tonight. Pretty strong with the bourbon, but it really works well with the original red ale. Will buy again probably.

I posted this on the other thread but I just had Chimay.

If I could get this for around $2 a bottle it'd be the only beer I'd drink. Absolutely delicious.

I need to get around to trying this shit already

Both look great

Would you say the Chimay is similar to a Belgian? Looking to try it

Chimay is literally a Belgian.

Watching the Cubs lose drinking this

Just dropped a small fortune on beer. Should last me a while.

Two four packs of Backwoods Bastard, Lagunitas Born Yesterday and Brown Shugga, and Hebrew's Lenny RyePA. 10/10 haul.

3.2% fag here. Really tasty, probably my favorite beer Session has put out.

Yeah it's absolutely lovely that stuff. I'm drinking this at the moment, it's OK. Nothing special.

Damn that sounds good. I love session. It always has a great price for what it is.

The grocery store I work at had it's fall beer reset. I marked down 10 shopping carts full of beer. The craft was all 5 bucks for a 6 pack. I spend 90 bucks.

pic related. a bit different than most stereotypical west coast ipas. really refreshing.

For some reason I never really liked or understood the blue Chimay. I like most other trappists though. But if you like a yeasty and complex and a bit odd Belgian ale you might fit in the huge crowd of people who disagree with me.

I was like you at first but then i started drinking belgians more, its waaaay better on tap than it is on bottle if you can find a place that has it.

One of my favorites.

First beer I've ever had from To Ol, drinking it with a ham and brie on a pretzel roll w/ whole grain dijon and let me tell you this pairing is magical.

Local brew from a CLE company. American IPA. Must try if you can find it, and really anything from Platform

porters are delicious

good taste senpai

bump

Me and an army buddy have plans to hang out and keep each other from suicide tonight, by drinking some beers and playing some video games, maybe shooting some guns and working on his car some.

What beer should I bring to the party? I wash thinking Guinness, but I might branch out, just for fun.

Anyone else produce there own beer here?
Gonna make a hefeweizen next brewday.

Go to bed tommy

tfw someone actually calls you out on Veeky Forums

What drink first /bg/: Spontandryhop Citra or Peter, Pale and Mary?

Favorite DIPA tonight. Not my pic.

Decent grassy pale ale with a slightly bitter finish and some citrus peel. Not really worth the 6.99 USD that I paid for the can but I guess you win some and you lose some.

west coast will be the new meme this coming spring/summer imo

I like Todd better

216 represent

Breddy good.

just had a couple of these, bretty good if you like that sort of thing

It's more expensive and I hadn't had Abrasive in awhile. It has definitely changed since the last time I had it, but I figured it would now that they've expanded. Still great.

Stay mad burgers

This shit is the real deal. Recently I've had some real novelty shit of theirs that I'm not really into anymore but nothing will beat the straight simplicity of this, real full flavoured saison, keen to get it on tap again.

Pic related is amazing, drinking some right now.

That's a great one. Debating on what to open right now, I have Rochefort 6, 8 and 10, Westmalle Tripel, and Achel Blond

One of the most subtle yet working barrel ageing done. I like the base beer alot and this is just that on steroids!

I'm a big fan of the Westmalle, haven't had the 6 and Achel, though.

Quite over hyped. Used to like it but now only feel meh...

Find it not up to buzz and price. A more expensive mix of the regular imperial stout and backwoods bastard...

Rocky 8 then 10.

we get that in america though. my favorite german brewery by far and my last name is the same as the brewery which is cool

OP checking in

Drinking a proven winner in the Weihenstephaner weizenbock. One of the better weizenbocks i've had and this brewery also makes a killer hefeweizen. Check both out if you see them

please gib opinions on pic related (kirin ichiban)
there's lotsa hype around jap beer and this seems to be the most famous one so I might get a bottle from amazon
I don't have a clue what this tastes like, if it's a good representation of jap beer or the jap equivalent of corona or whatever else
also while I really liked the wheat beers I tried I'm not a big fan of IPAs or lagers or stouts or anything else basically

so should I buy a bottle of pic related or not even bother?

It's nothing special. Sapporo reserve is better, but even that is just okay.

>hype for jap beers
From where son? They are all very VERY mid range at best. Also don't order from Amazon, unless you live in complete flyoverland then your closest supermarket should have six packs of it.

It's like a Japanese budweiser. Really nothing special, just a standard mass produced lager

>2016
>not exclusively drinking brewery only release sours

>that will be $10.99 please

>sharp's

>From where son?
second hand hype from dad's friends mostly
the rest might be due to the fact that I spend too much time on a vietnamese pot decoring text chat
alright thanks everybody I'll keep at weissbier and similar then

Yuengling.
Go America
Go fuck yourself rest of the world

Not all of us are broke. I'm fine with spending that much on a great bottle of beer instead of an okay bottle of wine.

Nip beer is pretty pedestrian, great for drinking while snacking/eating because they are all very inoffensive but that's kind of where their usefulness ends. I find that this applies to most Asian beers that I've tried.

what the fuck is that

>sours

When will this meme die?

>Muh microbrews

Just bought the mosaic version of this and it is amazing, also like that its only differentiated from the original variant by a sticker with a handwritten 'm' on it
Highly suggest to fellow Wisconsin people

>$10.99
Dude there's no way that wasn't at least
$20.00

If you are trying to try unique Japanese beer, Hitachino Nest is a great place to start. Their Espresso Stout is to die for, imo

>gose
>sour

Oh shit. I tried Nest's German Weizen.

That shit was pretty nasty. The label said it was cloudy and had a banana flavor. I didn't taste any banana, just a watery, bitter mugicha.

Pardon the shitty lighting but this is my one and only beer of choice. It's mostly available in the west cost.

i've had it before. been to the brewery as well. the amber is just okay. I much prefer their stout

It's ~1,50€ here

Juts picked these up

posting in your lovely thread for the first time while drinking pic related. be gentle

Thos guy is a big drinker

What's a good beer for a beginner?

Double IPA from one of my favorite local brewers, It's pretty good, some earthy dank notes and a lot of in your face bitterness. Not my picture.

That's the porter that I personally measure every other porter to. It's a perfect representative of the style, and is damn tasty on top of it.

Man, IPA really is not my favorite style

Had this on Halloween. Cost like $48, but was in the top 5 beers I've ever had. Fookin love sour beers. Any recommendations?

Right on dude, looks like a good porter. I'll have to check it out

And now I am checking back in. Drinking pic related. A pretty solid dunkel from a brewery that has yet to let me down. I've really been on a German kick lately. Go for any Hefe or Doppelbocks from any bavarian brewery, all top notch

Went to a couple of breweries today

I wish that thresher came in 4 packs

First pack of these for the season. This and ruthless rye are two of my favorites from SN. Not my pic obviously by the 2011 on the bottle.

Sounds good. You should also try Mikkeller if you haven't. Similar to To Ol but probably better on average.

Why is there a stigma against regular beer drinking? What do they think people subsisted on for hundreds of years

That was the first Weihenstephaner that really impressed me, and the beer that got me out of my burn out I had on weissbiers.

Help Veeky Forums ive been drinkijg coors at a colleg3 game since 11 and its 2 now i havent eaten muc and im drunk help sos save our shit pls halp

If plebs are indeed hyping jap macros as a current trend they are fucking up and missing the point yet again, like plebs never seem to cease doing.

eat a brat dude

They took the food away too soon i eed food i had a pancake thatbhrlped buy they took the food aeay its like drunk auwschwitz here send help ;_,

First down

Fuck w3r' losong 41-14.

Wwll ww lost. Now im drinkinfg gin at friends house. Not good.

I hope you drink yourself to death.

A fine light Belgian beer. It's very mysterious because no one knows who actually brews it.

Me too dood
Mw 2

Favourite dark beer from my Czech neighbours.

First time bottling for this brewery. Looking forward to what else they put out. Their other draft selections are delicious. Double IPA.

Tomislav, beer my friend bought in Croatia. Very nice dark lager, although I personally wouldn't recommend drinking it on its own and would definitely go with a hearty meal instead. Somewhat on the bitter side, but really smooth.

Drinking some of this motherfucker, ultra local brew.

Tad heavy on the chocolate notes but the fact that it's maybe ~10 minutes away makes it special.

Strange, the name of that beer is a special kind of adjunct barley, never a main ingredient. I wonder why they call it that.

Czechs make some good ass dark beer. Only one place near me sells Czech shit and I grab a bottle every now and then at random. Haven't had a shitty beer from those dirty slovaks yet.

shit beer

Kys

>Roll out the barrel!
>Bigger longer uncut. A peaty as HELL DOUBLE BASTARD beard!!
>Abrasive ale!!

American beers are cringeworthy garbage

Roll out the Barrel is a reference to this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Barrel_Polka
Stone does have really shitty names, completely agree with you there
Remember there are like 5000 American brewers most making 1-25 different beers a year, there are a lot of different naming schemes used, some shitty, some not

Who cares what it says on the packaging?

>caring more about aesthetics than taste and quality
Maybe thats why Euro beer tastes so much worse