I am making a chart of the next top 100 books that are not on last years

I am making a chart of the next top 100 books that are not on last years

I have a decent list already but if you didn't post the books you think should be included then you can mention them in this thread

infinite jest

This is last years chart

didn't we just have a thread about this a few days ago. what happened to that

I'm using those results to make the chart

I have enough to make it but would be all the better with more results

Ill be using what I have anyway

Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Philip K Dick, cant think of anything else rly

don't fucking make the chart yet dumbass. just start another thread for voting. you need more data.

it's top books, not top authors, retard.

The Public Burning
The Lime Twig
The Beetle Leg
JR
The Death of Virgil
Under the Volcano
The Man Without Qualities
Omensetter's Luck
Lookout Cartridge
Sixty Stories

The Book of Flying by Keith Miller is the most under appreciated book . Everyone needs to read it

Dostoyevsky
Wallace
Pynchon
Nabokov
Kafka
Dante

The Map and the Territory
Collected Stories of Mavis Gallant
in our time
Hunger

Memoirs of Hadrian, Midnight's Children.

Need more gasssss

Kafka

honestly just more Nabokov

Pale Fire is the only one that deserves to be on their besides Lolita.

>not ada

I think that Flannery O'Connor deserves to be there.
Edward Feser is also someone often mentioned and worth being there.
Shusaku Endo is fantastic and I'd love to see him there.

I'll read it right now then get back to you :^)
Also the Molloy trilogy by Samuel Beckett

The Fault in Our Stars

have you read any of his books besides those two
if even those two

don't answer, I know you haven't and if you say otherwise you're lying

>Votes: 2

Perhaps this time a decent number of votes should be the minimum for getting on the chart, because that is just fucking stupid.

Bump.

it still ended up being a decent list and we will probably get the same books more or less anyway

I have to ask, is Infinite Jest a good book, unironically speaking? I thought it was some kind of meme, I haven't read or heard anything about it

Atlas Shrugged
Martian Chronicles
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
Franny and Zoey
The Divine Comedy
Naked lunch

my diary desu

This is not "alt-100", this is page 2 of top 200, which is just dumb.

this

we dont want this

This

OP, fuck off

if it isn't in the top 100 it is not worth reading anyway

Well, unlike both of you, a lot of people are tired of seeing a different permutation of the same books on every top 100 chart.

Are you fucking stupid? I'm being dead serious. Do the people in your life generally look down on you and not take your opinions very seriously? I think I'm hitting pretty close to home here because this entire idea is absolutely fucking stupid.

You can't make an "alt top 100". If it deserved to be in the top 100, it would already be there. You can make a top 200, adding these 100 more. Did you know that? Did you even THINK for one FUCKING SECOND that this was an option?

No, probably not. You want a list of 100 inferior but hipster books to look extra smug in the already smug topic of Veeky Forums. What kind of humongous piece of shit are you?

Here are some recommendations for your little list: some books on brain damage, concussions, special education, some coloring books, and a phone book to hold above your head while your dick/balls are resting horizontally on a table and with all the force you can throw the phone book downward at your fucking dick and balls that way you can't pollute the rest of the planet with further retarded offspring

Well then they should accept that the books they want to see on their list are inferior. It's not our fault a consensus opinion does not align with their personal taste. If my favorite movie is, say, A Serbian Film, and I don't see it in IMDb top 250 movies of all time list (a consensus based ranking), I'm not gonna try to rally a bunch of people to make a totally different top 250 list just to validate me for the 2 or 3 movies I love that weren't on the and everyone in this line of thinking can go fuck yourselves.

What's it like to be so insecure about a few of your favorite books not being in the top 100 that you try to create a completely different list? Did you also hold your own prom when no girl wanted to go to the real one with you?

consider that not everyone has read those yet and don't need their backlogs any larger

This. The next 200 might be more helpful than the top 100 as they include titles people might not have heard of. Also, 100-200 means that they are still great books to read, fantastic even. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Also, the fact that Goethes Faust is not on it shows how shitty the first list was and how much more good stuff there is to offer.

Yeah, you can straight up go fuck yourself

>I am making a chart of the next top 100 books that are not on last years
Veeky Forums has only ever talked about like 20 book, over and over and over again, and even then don't really talk about them. what is the point of this chart?

Forget it.

Abandon the idea.

There's too much controversy.

This is a waste of time. There are only two types of books: books that are Infinite Jest, and books that are not Infinite Jest.

It's just alright. Certainly not the best book ever. I've always felt DFW was just the poor mans DeLillo. I do love DFW's essays though.

I Love Dick
It is a great book, and although it is occasionally mentioned on here, it would probably never make the Top 100.

>I Love Dick