Jesus Christ, the Greeks are so fucking boring. What's the point of reading them? They don't teach anything relevant

Jesus Christ, the Greeks are so fucking boring. What's the point of reading them? They don't teach anything relevant.

>They don't teach anything relevant.

yeah they do

kemosabe, in order to master that which is relevant, you must first master the irrelevant

Relevant to what?

Congratulations you've seen through the meme. Now help us convince newfags it's true.

At least read Plato

the odyssey is a great adventure book, why the fuck would ANYONE read a book to teach them something instead of entertaining them?

I'm sorry, but we need to bring back Logic as a subject again - and it's hard to do better than Plato/Socrates/Aristotle when it comes to this.

When you get people crying about teenagers being politically uninformed/etc, and wanting to teach them all sorts of subjects on top of what they already learn, what they don't realize is just HOW MANY birds you could kill with one stone if you taught Logic.

>Not self inserting as a Spartan hoplite while comfy reading the history of Sparta
>Not adventuring with Homer
>Not self inserting as a rural farmer tending to their field while reading Greek mythology and The Works and Days

Greeks are a lot of fun.

>we need to bring back Logic as a subject again
>it's hard to do better than Plato/Socrates/Aristotle when it comes to this
>he's preferred logic is syllogistic logic

>Implying anyone's heard of syllogistic logic

*his

>it's hard to do better than Plato/Socrates/Aristotle

uhm excuse you?

Homeros is great fun!

>no has has heard of syllogistic logic
>syllogisms are literally logic 101

It may be useful to notice that there are people on this book who actually read books.

>on this book

>Spartans
>reading

Why not just go for Analytical philosophers then?

Xenophon confirmed for boring I guess.

Because we don't want to teach children to be nerds.

>nerds
robots

ftfy

People have been reading the Greeks for thousands of years, yes, even your precious Nietzsche.

You know, if you are interested in the subject I'd figure you'd want to learn as much about it as possible, that being especially true for its origins. It might be unpleasant or boring, but that is the subject you have interest in. If you're looking for an excuse to read Nietzsche and instantly become an authority on the subject, go read him, but don't post here anymore.

The Greeks have hitherto generated around 90% of the OC for the western civilization meme, almost everything we do is just a continuation of their memes.

They were the ultimate oldfags.

Odyssey or Iliada?

Odyssey

>lysistrata is boring
i think you're broken

Just go back and forth betwixt them and modern authors; connect the dots for yourself.

Nietzsche selected for us what matters from the Greeks and put it in his writings in a less boring manner. No need to reinvented the wheel. Just read Nietzsche.