What can I do with a pound of ground beef beyond the typical boring chili, burgers, or red sauce with pasta?

What can I do with a pound of ground beef beyond the typical boring chili, burgers, or red sauce with pasta?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZPkIPfnzqs
ekantcookcurry.com/keema-mutter-groundmined-lamb-pea-curry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stuffed peppers.

Beef koftas?

Matty Matheson's lasagna.
youtube.com/watch?v=VZPkIPfnzqs

Hell yeah

Tacos et burritos!

I suggest you practice some more on your chili, burgers and red sauce with pasta

Coney dogs, stuffed bell peppers/onions, meat loaf, shepherds pie with beef, tacos, lasagna, maybe cook and put into a soup
Theres plenty you could do

make pasta sauce with meat balls, than reduce the sauce to nearly nothing, have the meat balls by themselves hot or cold.

Green sauce with pasta?

Make burgers in the shape of hot dogs.

make a beef curry

Sorry if it sounds bad but I like it so fuck you if you don't:

80% lean beef mince/ground beef, 1lb
Onion, roughly chopped, 1 average sized
Green bell pepper, cored and roughly chopped, 1 average sized
Salt, as needed
Flour, 2tbsp
Tomato juice concentrate, 1/3 cup
Strong beef stock, 2/3 cup
>alternately, use a 1/4 cup tomato paste and 3/4 cup beef stock
Worcestershire sauce and/or soya sauce, to taste
Spring onions and/or ramps and/or chives, fresh-chopped, a handful or two
>Optional, but recommended: celery seed powder because delicious
Bread rolls, 6
>Optional, but recommended: cheese because fuckyeahcheese

Put beef, onion and bell pepper into a pan, salt generously and set to high heat.
Crumble cook until grease is rendered from beef.
Add flour and stir to mix through evenly.
Mix tomato concentrate and beef stock together then add to the pan and stir quickly to dissolve flour mixture and mix evenly through.
Bring to the boil then lower the heat to reduce the gravy to a nice thickness.
Off the heat and season to taste with worcestershire/soya sauce/s.
Stir in herbage (also celery seed powder, if using) and allow to sit a bit as you split and toast the rolls.
Serve up, topping a roll half with a spoonful or two of beef mixture.
Top (with cheese, if using and) with other half of the roll and consume bullshit sloppy joes.

Mince and porridge soup.

>Crumble cook until grease is rendered from beef.
Do you remove any of the grease? 80% lean will have a lot.

8 minced garlic, into mid heat pot with 2 tbsp oliveoil+butter, add mince, add handful walnuts, add 2 tomatoes 4 green chilies/hot papricas 2-4 tbsp chickpeas, add some cumin, pepper salt, 2 red chilis, add couple cups broth, tomatopaste , juice of 1 lemon and pomegranatesyrup/molasses (replace with sugar+more lemon). Add 1-2 pita breads, cut to small pieces. Cook til soft, about 10min. Serve with sheep/buffalo joghurt, parsley and lemon

Just got myself 200g of mett from the butcher and ate it on buns.
It's so delicious.

Shoulda mentioned that step, sorry. Forgot. Yeah, 1lb is about 454g so 80% lean will yield about 90ml of grease. You want to remove (and save, if you'd like) about 2/3 of that, leaving about 30ml/2tbsp of grease behind to hydrate the flour. Though, if you CBA to do that, it's no big sin to leave the grease in the pan. In fact, when I make kima, I don't bother draining it, no.

Qeema/keema/kima is a curried mince dish eaten with bread. Often, the kima is stuffed into a bread roll or bun, similar to sloppy joes, or into raw bread dough and baked through (similar to Chinese baked bao). That's where I got my idea for converting my kima paan recipe to a sloppy joe one.

Manwich

Pretty much anything if you've got the right spices and vegetables.

>beefaroni (mac and cheese/beef)
>rice/beef/corn/cream of mushroom
>shepherd's pie
Fuck dude, I don't know much else. There isn't a whole lot you can do with it.

>or into raw bread dough and baked through (similar to Chinese baked bao).
sounds delicious. I'll try this next week.

Sheppards pie

I made these lettuce wraps and they were pretty delish.

Use it with veggies to fill spring/egg rolls.

Use it as a protein for a curry sauce with veggies.

Use it as the protein for any given stir fry.

Use it for soft tacos or burritos.

Use it instead of pork for schnitzel.

Plenty of uses....

Gross

I've never heard of using ground meat for a schnitzel.

Why, because you have to cumin it?

My usual go to ground beef meal when I'm tired of meatloaf or chili

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds

1. whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.

Was about to suggest a similar recipe to this. I always like this.

Cook the ground beef with onions, garlic, cayenne, green chili, some cherry tomatoes and cream cheese for color and texture
Then put that in puff pastry and bake

meat loaf

Chop up some taters and onion, throw it in a skillet with the meat. Add whatever spices you desire (salt, pepper, taco seasoning, ect..) and cook until done. Throw that on a tortilla with whatever toppings you enjoy.

kofta, swedish meatballs, sopa de fideo, stuffed peppers, you got plenty of options m8.

Meatloaf.
The food that helped your grandpa beat the commies.

Halupki is amazing and really easy to make. It's basically stuffed cabbage in a tomato sauce. I like to make a ton and freeze them for future meals.

My mom used to make something she called Skid Road Stroganoff by using ground beef instead of a whole cut of meat when making a stroganoff

chapli kebab.

sooooo hamburger helper?

Seconding this. If your chili, burgers and meat sauce are boring, that says something about you, not about the dishes.

Pelmeni

>Munchies
>maximum overtattoo
>2edgy6me attitude
>no salt anywhere

Keema Mutter. It was my go-to lazy meal for a while.

ekantcookcurry.com/keema-mutter-groundmined-lamb-pea-curry/

>set the oven to 350 degrees celsius

>no bechamel
>no salt
awful

Larb.

Salt on the garlic.

It's like you didn't even try to watch it.

Are you sayng burgers are boring? I'm not gonna hurt you, but I might do something to you.

You are fucking retarded and you should feel bad about yourself

I don't even dislike the guy but you gotta hate yourself to be such a fat fucking pig and still 'decorate' that mess of flesh so much.

EMPANADAS

I made this once and it wasn't that good. Probably my least favorite lasagna I've made. A lot of the ingredients felt useless too.

Give it a shot.

He's a former drug addict

Shit is good over rice.

The epitome of british cuisine - Monday pie.

That's a great way of using leftovers from the Sunday lunch.

Hamburg pizza

cum in it

that's not a bowl of turds so no it is not the epitome

That sounds great!

The name is Cottage Pie

not remotely british

no it's shepherds pie. do you think shepherds exclusively eat sheep meat?

Chicken-Fried
Minced
Steak.

Try it out.

Serve w/ boiled new potatoes and a stew made from peas and carrots that are either small or cubed.

Pic related.

So good.

>Gross

Looks like a decent curry to me, what are you objecting to?

no but they exclusively herd them you fucktard. That's why the version with lamb is named after them. Why the fuck would anyone ever name something after what a group of people EAT?

Meant for Christ, the stupidity is getting to me

the semantic distinction between shepherd's and cottage pie is made up. both have been used interchangeably before and after the distinction was first recorded. beef and lamb are both eaten in cottages and by shepherds.

this desu they're synonyms

Put 100 g of ground beef into a condom. Apply some lubricant and gently ease it into your anus. Proceed to masturbate and poop it out as you climax. The condom also keeps it sanitary so it can still be used to cook with, but ensure it is used quickly as the internal temperature of your anus can easily reach 40C during orgasm.

Reassemble a cow and give it life.

If that condom breaks, the meat is gonna be in a world of shit

heh

I made it too, its an okay recipe, wouldn't make it again.

>a fucking grease pie

lel

So much oil, no spices, just beef and cheese wtf
No fucking wonder you're a fat american
This is just halfway for making a good Lasagna srsly he should never have made this for people to make a shitty lasagna

I like to mix them with finely chopped vegetables and herbs, then grill them ...either on a stick or as beef.

Either in picture related or more a burger-beef shape, I really don't care much as long as the taste is good.

NACHOS

It really is. Indians use a similar filling for samosa as Sri Lankans use for kima paan and, unless they're Christians or Muslims, generally swapping beef for mutton or goat (because Hindus; most SLs are Buddhist and happily eat beef).
A similar dish is godhamba (or martaba, as it is called by SL Muslims). It is still based on mince and peas but uses a different set of spices, wrapping it in a freshly made crepe-like pancake.
IMO, Sri Lankan cuisine is the best of all South Asia. It's basically Indian cuisine + beef + pork + eggs + squid and other seafood + Southeast Asian influences + Portuguese influences = best.

Well thanks. I was worried it wouldn't sound very good so I'm glad that's not the case.