Can someone explain to me why is diamond the hardest metal that exists?

Can someone explain to me why is diamond the hardest metal that exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn16610-diamond-no-longer-natures-hardest-material/
news.rice.edu/2016/07/20/titanium-gold-new-gold-standard-for-artificial-joints/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>diamond
>metal

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows:

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted earths orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 10000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

diamond is not the hardest substance

newscientist.com/article/dn16610-diamond-no-longer-natures-hardest-material/

Sums up the flaws in your question

The complex lattices that make up diamond make it completely impossible to damage or reform it after it dries. It's kinda like carbon nanotubes, but stronger.

All metals have good electrical conducting properties.

Diamond is an insulator.

Therefore diamond is not the strongest metal known to man, since it isn't even a metal...

You nuts.

this REALLY shows how little exposure to Veeky Forums culture Veeky Forums has

fucking newfags, you really need to go lurk other boards a bit sometimes

Come on. Everyone knows that Veeky Forums is a srs board. We are always srs. No room for jokes or trolls.

Look, if you're still going to troll or act retarded, that's fine.
- Swear
- Ad hominem; Call people names
- Don't provide counter-arguments
- Reject realism and the scientific consensus
That's ok.
Just don't loop.
Looping is cancer.

Personal incredulity and the argument from ignorance are fallacies. You're ignorant.
You imply you have no knowledge of the other kinds, therefore they don't exist.
That is wrong irrational.
:D

newfag here
what is looping

Because it was folded over 900 times by old japanese smiths.

I take it you don't have high reading comprehension?
I can post a test to check your knowledge of scientific principles and you can share the link of your results, timestamped of course.

You have offered zero counter-point, zero counter evidence.
Therefore I see no reason to continue with you if only I have something to intellectually contribute.

Your denialism is fallacious.

>They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour
I'm not sure about this one. They didn't finish their experiment. What about a wall made out of cars or a diamond made of walls?

This makes me happy on many different levels.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake

this is weak copypasta. why are you posting it all the time and always those 2 posts in this order?
kys

Asbergers

He really wants that (you)

this is a good thread

FFS Marie, it's a mineral!

If we had diamond teeth we could get more iron and other minerals into our system just by eating the raw product. World hunger solved!

Diamonds are hardly indestructible. The arrangement of carbon atoms has its plus's and minus's.

>hardly indestructible
I lol'd

my sides

Q-carbon is harder.

i bet you idiots didn't even know that know glass is a liquid

[citation needed]

The only thing that can scratch diamond is DragonForce.

news.rice.edu/2016/07/20/titanium-gold-new-gold-standard-for-artificial-joints/
>“It is about 3-4 times harder than most steels”
>“When we tried to grind up titanium-gold, we couldn’t,” she recalled. “I even bought a diamond (coated) mortar and pestle, and we still couldn’t grind it up.”

Not even diamond can cut this shit.

Pffff everyone knows diamonds are heavy, like 1g is 15kgs

wrong, that would be dragonfoce

That doesn't mean it's harder than diamond.

diamond is really heavy. 1 gram of diamond weighs something like 15 grams

This meme is old and not funny anymore

No matter how often this classic gets shared I'm always glad to see it.

fuck off

Seriously with the semantics.

The claim itself made by op has no warrants, or evidence.

Generally the burden of proof lays on the individual opening up a discussion.

Look, if you're still going to troll or act retarded, that's fine.
- Swear
- Ad hominem; Call people names
- Don't provide counter-arguments
- Reject realism and the scientific consensus
That's ok.
Just don't loop.
Looping is cancer.

Personal incredulity and the argument from ignorance are fallacies. You're ignorant.
You imply you have no knowledge of the other kinds, therefore they don't exist.
That is wrong irrational.

My dick is the hardest metal.......in your mom

So what happens if a sun made of diamonds crashes into a sun made of vacuum?