"Wouldn’t know. Never been hungover. After I’ve had too much whiskey...

>"Wouldn’t know. Never been hungover. After I’ve had too much whiskey, I cook myself a large flank steak pan fried in salted butter. I eat that, put on a pair of wet socks and go to sleep."
>“And that works?”
>"It does."

Does it?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyeating.sfgate.com/negative-effects-eating-before-bed-3027.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get fucked, Swanson.

No

Is there any logic to it?

It's a trope.
Specifically a quote from the "popular" TV show Parks and Recreation.
OP is a cross-board shitposter.

The wet socks part sounds pretty nift.

no, you are an idiot for even thinking it might

the meat might help but the real way to prevent a hangover is drinking a shit load of water or gatorade or something before falling asleep

Wet socks at night sounds like a good way to get swamp foot or a host of other problems, don't do it. Food isn't a bad idea, I always forget to eat when I'm drinking.

Best thing to do is drink a shitload of water. I chug like half a gallon before sleeping, and usually wake up a few times randomly at night so I keep one of those knockoff yeti cups next to my bed full of water to sip on throughout my slumber.

Just know your limits and stick to what you're used to if you're worried about being hung over the next day. If you drink whiskey on rocks or scotch/water all the time, don't chug Budweiser, moonshine and Margaritas at a party all night and expect to wake up the next day feeling like life is the tits, because your body ain't used to that shit.

Is right.

Avoiding hangover isn't hard.

1. Drink water. An uncomfortable, "I'm forcing this down I'm so not thirsty" amount. Do this while drinking, or right before bed.

2. Eat food. Greasy, fatty, salty, calorie dense. My go-to is migas with a bunch of eggs and fatty chopped bacon thrown in.

My friend chugs a bottle of pedialyte before bed whenever he drinks heavily and swears it works. I just drink water and have a greasy breakfast and don't really get hungover at all.

The only thing that helps to some degree against hangover is drinking water in between drinks so you don't dehydrate.

No, it doesn't work.

No, eating a large steak would probably make you feel worse in the morning and wet socks is just retarded. Only thing that will help is a lot of water and eating something like a sandwich, but eating too much will be even worse.

>Steak
Yes, generally any kind of meat helps lessen hangovers
>Wet socks
Trenchfoot.

If you want to beat a hangover eat at least 3 eggs, some bacon, and have a 8oz redbull.
Hangovers are 99% caused by the shortage of B6 and B12 in your bloodstream, and more importantly your nerves, which is what causes the constant sensory pain.
Bacon, Eggs, and Redbull are all bloated with B6 and B12. Eat them and a drink it and take a hot shower, and an hour later you'll be fine.

t. Enormous alcoholic

Wait, isn't it actually really bad to eat food right before you go to sleep? You're supposed to give it an hour or so to digest.

>"popular"
You say that like a show with 7 seasons is somehow only popular through a conspiracy. You're the kind of person who's going to be screaming rigged on the 9th, aren't you?

when i do that i end up sleepwalking and pissing all around my room

>screaming rigged on the 9th
What?

no it doesn't make a difference

The day when Hillary Clinton becomes president of the USA.

Oh right.
Couldn't give a fuck about it really.

No you'll just get the meat sweats

I'm glad to hear that. It's not particularly important.

You guys in USA have an election coming up?

Don't worry about it. It's pretty trivial unless you're Russian.

Are you sure? Let me find an article I read.
healthyeating.sfgate.com/negative-effects-eating-before-bed-3027.html

>the guy who voluntarily watches some shitty sitcom and then defends it on a Taiwanese clay working forum is voting for Hillary "can't find the emails" Clinton

What a surprise. You'll be the first to hang on the day of the rope.

>the election isn't rigged
>he still doesn't know who Soros is

I'm not Russian.

can confirm, pedialyte is the shit, has like double the electrolytes and shit that gatoraid has

Get real. I'm not voting at all. I would vote for Stein, but she's not on the ballot in my state.

>some shitty sitcom
You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

You have nothing to worry about then.

Well then what's stopping you?

This is not a peer reviewed scientific study.
The only thing it is managing to say is people who eat before bed often have other un-healthy habits.

The only actual relation to going to sleep is if you get heartburn easily, laying down may make it worse.

so its fucking nothing

>hurrr I've never been hungover
>gets drunk
>still coherent enough to cook a fucking steak
Somebody clearly hasn't been truly drunk before

Swanson's packed pretty tight and stout. He could probably handle a bit and be sober enough to do that

My drunken tummy can't handle half an ocean slushing about in it tho.

Drinking milk before going to bed seems to work wonders. Settles the stomach and helps you rest.

Change of plans. I just noticed how close Johnson is to 5%. We need to tear down this two party system. I'm voting Johnson.

Have to admit this post really turned me on.

This. He's shown drinking some ridiculously strong stuff without batting an eye. He drinks Lagavulin like it's water.

>I'm voting Johnson

I bet you are, faggot.

Problem?

No, I've already voted for him, just couldn't pass up a decent dick joke setup. I live a pathetic life :-(

Oh, that's cool then. I love me some dicks.

>tfw have to starve myself to drink or take opioids due to bad heartburn and such
>tfw enough of an addict to do it

this
+2 slices of bread and a salty pickle

Grease helps get rid of the alcohol. Salts to replenish electrolytes. Bread to sponge it away.

Anyone who thinks food can do anything for a hangover has never been hungover.

Anyone who can even keep food down the day after drinking has never been hung over.

Greasy food is a meme myth just like coffee for sobering up. It just gets spouted by retards who don't have the experience they claim to have.

To cure a hangover, eat a bacon sandwich. Look it up.

The only things that ease hangovers are time and cannabis.

bicarbonate, you fucks.

If you eat a bunch of greasy shit before drinking you'll actually slow down the absorption of alcohol into your system, allowing for more drinking and more slow and less hangover-inducing drunk.

If you have an empty stomach and no time to eat, a spoonful of olive oil will do even better.

is rare steak safe? i just cooked mine, 5 mins each side, its like 2 inches thick, outside is cooked but inside is soft and red, and im scared ima die from worms or some shit if i eat it, but i dont want to ruin it and re cook it its already cut in pieces.

google says its ok, but its soft and chewy and idk.

wet socks though? What am I missing?

A buddy shared his Lagavulin me the other day.
I think I saw God.

Related note, anyone else not get hangovers? I've gotten blackout drunk before and woke up without a hangover. I've never had one, even after having a fifth to myself.

>worms
Not unless that beef is actually wild game or pork bought from some third world shithole

taking advise from a literal cuck.

This. These kids are worse broscientists than Veeky Forums

I think a certain percentage of people genetically cannot get hangovers, which seems awesome but kind of scary too.

I figure I'm one of those rare few. I have to really watch my drinking because I hold my liquor very well, too. A lot of 'Hurr you're not drunk here's a shot!'
I don't want to ruin my liver by 40.

Food can help with -preventing- hangovers, as is the topic of this thread.

It takes the place of more alcohol you would have drank when you shouldn't have, and gives you nutrients you may have been pissing out all night.

I don't agree with the greasy food idea either, though. I usually eat a shitload of steamed broccoli and rice with some chicken if I'm worried about how much I've had to drink.

Never tried having coffee to sober up; sobering up seems counterproductive to me.

Men can walk in the snow.

Smoking weed after drinking has always meant I have zero hangover. Can't do it anymore because of my job so I have to live with pounding headaches and crippling anxiety until about 1 pm each day

Man can go even through the grey stone.

I knew that americans sleep in their socks, but do americans really sleep in wet socks?

I know that feel bro. Weed is legal in my state but a failed drug test would ruin me.

Thank you.
Every time some faggot goes
>d00d just eat BACON lmfao
I know that it's a douchebag whose most hardcore experience with drinking was stealing a quarter bottle of Riesling out of his parents' fridge.

>Drink load with mates when we were teens
>Stop drinking when I get to uni
>3 years later and almost no alcohol
>Go for a big night
>Can't get drunk because all the alcohol just makes me feel sick

Fuck, everything tastes too sweet and I cant get drunk on beer alone.

Alcohol tastes like shit anyway. I say if you need alcohol to socialize properly, you're weak. Just drink a Sprite or something.

It doesn't cure the hangover, but as it begins to abate and you get your appetite back, salty, greasy food is a godsend, even if you've still got a pounding headache.

Get some peaty whiskies.

>If you drink whiskey on rocks or scotch/water all the time, don't chug Budweiser, moonshine and Margaritas at a party all night and expect to wake up the next day feeling like life is the tits

This is very, very true.

I drink whiskey pretty much every night, only one or 2 during the week but a good bit more at the weekend. Half a bottle before going out is easily done for a good night and I normally feel fine after loads of water before bed.

However one night I was at a friends house and before I knew it she was throwing a party so fuck it, we are drinking hard tonight. All she had was cider, since I like a beer every now and then I thought it would be fine. Drank a few cans, had some tequila shots (not the people I normally drink with) and a couple of glasses of wine.

Didn't feel too bad when I got home, stopped by mcdonalds and had a lot of water, but I felt like death the next day. Couldn't eat or drink anything without throwing up until 6pm. Never again.

this, depending on how i'm feeling and how bad i'm i'll wake up, give it a couple of hours, light up and then order some pizza or whatever
works like a charm

If youre truly hangover you're just fucked, anxious wreck. I usually keep some klonopin on hand for those days. Then its some pills and hair of the dog to get through the morning.

Have you considered you might just be a giant faggot and other people might not have the same hangovers as you?

>USA?
>Land of the free
10 days off per year
Can't puff, even where it's legal

>yer week
But you're stronk user, aren't you?

If I punched you in the face it would probably instantly kill you.

as an alcoholic for the past 5 years, i can say i dont know. eventually getting plastered every night becomes normal and the body just wakes up mopey, and no hangover. no headache. try the steak thing, then try the socks thing. i could see it working. i know in the movie the nice guys, the drunk wakes up in a cold bath. maybe the cold thing works

Same here, homie. I drink WT101 on rocks every night and if I switch things up too much it fucks me over the next day. I can handle most strong drinks (I will drink a caipirinha or two almost every night off to kick of my night) and also margaritas are fine if I make them sour.

I think I just can't do anything sweet, which makes sense because I never eat sweets to begin with.

That's happened to me twice before when I got waaay too drunk. Once I pissed in the cat's litterbox (next to the toilet in my bathroom) which was hilarious, the other time I pissed all over my staircase which was a huge pain in the ass to clean up because it still has carpet on it. Luckily I've had pets my whole life and I know how to clean piss out of carpet.

I get a month off every year. Every two months I get five paid days off.