Why is Brit food GOAT, Veeky Forums?

Why is Brit food GOAT, Veeky Forums?

I made some bangers, mash and onion gravy tonight, and it was bretty gud.

Other urls found in this thread:

deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/toad-in-the-hole
armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106429
youtube.com/watch?v=IlsrufHPKTI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ceremonial_counties_of_England
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Garbage of all tiers?
Yeah you got that part down

>jellymad mudslime detected

If you like that, try toad in the hole with a thick gravy.

That's next on the list. I used some locally made pork sausages, and they were amazinggggg.

Is toad in the hole difficult to make?

Nah I just think your food is garbage. I'm white and thank god for that. Can you imagine being a mudslime?

Brit food (REAL Brit food, not shitty takeaways and trash food) is pretty good. Reminds me of the reasons I like Persian food. Clean flavors, meat and vegetables, simple cooking techniques with flavorful outcomes. Unfortunately most people from outside Britain (and even a lot of Brits themselves) only get exposed to the trash cooking.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. Don't know why you hate simple, good food but okay. And I know right, to be mudslime. ew.

>Is toad in the hole difficult to make?
Depends how good you are at making yorkshire pudding, if if it not light and fluffy you fucked up and it will sit on your stomach like lead.

I don't really I was just tryin to rustle ya up bud

That's what happens when you rule waves old chap.

I'm decent at it, but I guess this will be the final boss.

All good, m8. I'm a Canadian man who is married to a Brit woman so I'm lovin' these new dishes.

Practice making mini yorkshire puddings, the only special equipment you need is a cake tray.

I'll keep that in mind, I have a stoneware 9x13 that I was gonna use, so should I switch it up?

Use one of these or something similar, small yorkshire puddings are more versatile than the big ones.

So not a BIG yorkshire pudding with sausages in it, but small ones with small sausages in them?

Once again, just to save time.

>lol British food lol
>lol bland lol
>lol blood pudding lol
>lol innacurate stereotype from film or television I've seen lol

There now we can get on with the thread.

Your autism is showing

I meant practice making small yorkshires before making a big one, its pretty easy to fuck them up and you do not want to waste good sausages.

I've made plenty in that pan, but how is making a big one gonna be different? Same temp, just longer, or lower temp for longer?

Well if you can make the small ones fine then jump straight onto making the bigger one, Delia has a pretty simple but tasty recipe.

deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/british/toad-in-the-hole

>brits will defend this

They actually unironically defend their immigration policies.

Toast sandwich is in fact, the least of their problems.

Immigrants come with conquering vast swathes of the world

See France with Africa for instance

amerifats resorting to the toast sandwich meme.

Don't you have HFCS to be consuming?

what the fuck does GOAT mean

It means ur mum m8

It's a lot better than I gave it credit for, a lot of what I took to be generic American food/generic food in general is actually British in origin (generally 'simple' food). This is beause the UK historically had access to better quality meat so did not flood it with sauces/stretch it out of poverty. Apparently rationing in WW2 did a number on British cuisine though.

Gravy On All Things

Get Out Animu Twats

American's have done a good job of incorporating & learning from all their culture mixes.

We brits don't tend to like adventourous or different food.

Even our brit curry is a watered down, bastardization of indian curry.

On the other hand, some of the best indian food I've had, I've eaten in the silicon valley.

>We brits don't tend to like adventourous or different food.

This.

Don't talk to strangers on the tube.
Don't make eye contact walking in the streets.
Don't wear any loud colors that attract attention.
Don't try any food that's outside of our comfort zone.

We brits tend to be very sheltered.

>self hating Brit

God you're pathetic

>Even our brit curry is a watered down, bastardization of indian curry.

Most curry in the UK isn't Indian and the hottest dishes are British.

>Don't talk to strangers on the tube.
>Don't make eye contact walking in the streets.
>Don't wear any loud colors that attract attention.
>Don't try any food that's outside of our comfort zone.

>God you're pathetic

I wouldn't say pathetic. But brits do tend to be "unadventurous" and unwilling to try new things.

British food is pretty fucking good, and we have some great chefs, but the general population is shit at cooking. I don't know a single person who regularly uses fresh herbs, and most people I know don't possess basic knife skills.

>I wouldn't say pathetic.

Self-hating anything is pathetic.

>But brits do tend to be "unadventurous" and unwilling to try new things.

Total, utter, unmitigated horseshit.

Britons: So sheltered they conquered the fucking world.

Founded the USA as well.
Can't hide from history.
You're welcome.

>Total, utter, unmitigated horseshit.

We're talking about food here still, aren't we?

You seem to be assravaged by the fact that brit food is fucking bland and boring as fuck...

despite all your glorious colonial adventures, you still cook and eat like europoor polacks.

>Don't talk to strangers on the tube.
>Don't make eye contact walking in the streets.
>Don't wear any loud colors that attract attention.
>Don't try any food that's outside of our comfort zone.

What is it that makes brits so fucking unsociable, boring, and predictable?

We sent all of our loud annoying cunts to America.

>What is it that makes brits so fucking unsociable, boring, and predictable?

The inbred royal family.

Oh the Americans are waking up. Time to go somewhere else.

It doesn't matter what Americans think. You live in an echo chamber and your only knowledge of other countries is outdated stereotypes.

>your only knowledge of other countries is outdated stereotypes.

lol

> stereotype of americans stereotyping foreigners

wew lad

I thought britfags would know what irony was...

>They actually unironically defend their immigration policies.

I have never seen a brit on Veeky Forums do this

Calm down bro.
Even I can see the self hating 'brits' are not really British at all.
Probably Americans or Australians baiting for (You)s

>what is it that makes brits so fucking unsociable, boring, and predictable?
armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106429

Should be required reading for all american/brit interactions.

BRIT POSTERS ARE SHIT POSTERS

GLOBAL INBRED ISLAND BAN PLEASE

as a brit, I larfed my arse off at this

>tikka marsala

>What is it that makes brits so fucking unsociable, boring, and predictable?

They're all a bunch of miserable, craggly cunts living on a rainy rock with nothing interesting.

You'd be a miserable cunt too if you lived in bongland.

All this proves is that brits were dicks even way before WW2.

quoted wrong post: was responding to the WW2 pamphlet on british mannerisms

There's got to be something else to it.

I'm a brit but I have families living on the great plains in the US, and I have yet to see any place on earth more boring than that dull, flat void where passion and ambition go to die. Visiting them is psychological torture.

Britain may be a land that makes people bitter, cynical bastards, but I'd choose it over that any day.

yes I am aware there's more geographical variety in the states than flat plains but that's not my point

It would help to actually read it because it's an explicit counterpoint to that notion.

lived in england for 3 months

british food is so bland that UK is the place with the highest ethnic food variety there is

not disgusting, just plain boring lazyass food

I saw the thread and came to see more Brit food.

All I see are Simpsons tier memes and /pol/ tier comments.

But disappointed to be honest. Lived in England for 18 Months, the food was better than expected.

Have some Roast Beef.

>british food is so bland that UK is the place with the highest ethnic food variety there is
That's not true either unless you lived on takeaway and avoid their chip shops.

It's mainly a London commuter thing, the rest of the country is plenty friendly. It's like Japanese trains, you don't want to act out when you've got a thousand people rammed in face to cheek.

Add in the fact that it's like a fucking bomb shelter down there and people get kinda cranky. We cheer up after work's over and we can finally hit the pub.

One time Orwell ate a plate of eels his wife had boiled up for the dogs and left on the counter thinking it was his standard lunch.

That pretty much sums up britbong cuisine.

>plain boring lazyass food
Sorry m8, we were too busy building an empire to find time to pump it full of HFCS just to appeal to your infantile palate

Same. It's a shame really. Thought this board was a bit better than this.

You really shouldn't expect more from a bunch of 16 year old southerners and midwesterners who will never set foot outside their state and only come here to shitpost about tendies and mcchickens.

They even made a film. youtube.com/watch?v=IlsrufHPKTI

>It would help to actually read it because it's an explicit counterpoint to that notion.

The point that they had to write a book explaining: "We're not rude dicks, you just don't understand us" pretty much says it all...

>they
Again, maybe you should actually read it. It was written by the US government.

>It's mainly a London commuter thing, the rest of the country is plenty friendly. It's like Japanese trains, you don't want to act out when you've got a thousand people rammed in face to cheek.

OK... I'll chack this up to my 'merican ignorance since all my dealings are in London.

But somehow, I doubt Bongs are all of a sudden pleasant and chirpy once you step outside London.

>But somehow, I doubt all Claps are all of a sudden pleasant and chirpy outside New York
It's exactly the same as over there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ceremonial_counties_of_England

Look at them in order of population density and you'll see why it's mostly a London thing and why as soon as you leave London everyone does become pleasant and chirpy

I made this for some Italians on Sunday and they fucking loved it.

It is a shame. Why do these children even come here if they just want to shut post and generalise? Can't they find the link for /b/?

OP here; I made toad in the hole and it was fucking divine. All the haters can get fucked.

looks good man