Why didn't he just make Scientology a sci-fi novel?

Why didn't he just make Scientology a sci-fi novel?

because of the IRS

He just made it a long one, with cos-play.

Because he knew starting a cult was a better way to rip off pathetic fags and mindless bimbos who'd fork over their cash to anyone with a modicum of charisma. Other than a few hiccups, you really can't argue with the results either.

Sociopath detected.
>Hey guys I forced a violent abusive cult, brainwashed my own son and fucked a lot of little boys but now my cult is a religion and it steals money from the government, and Tom Cruise the famous movie star, so you csnt argue with the results!

Its because he was a horrible science fiction writer and that's because whenever you write your agenda in a book it's never going to be good. That's why he didn't write his bullshit into something that would be proof he didn't actually believe it.

Both of you could be wrong, since you're pretending to be psychic, or at least a psychological expert that can know what is in a man's mind and heart.

Of course, my answer isn't as dramatic as yours...

He's a conceptual artist.

He's many people's favorite daddy.

Hey Scientologyfag, you want to know what was really in his mind and heart?

Children. Young boys. When your own son talks about how he was indoctrinated by you, when people who leave Scientology often have horrific accounts of what happened to it, when you rake the money in but still get help from the governmen

I'm going to go ahead and guess it isn't the most nobel of intentions.

But you know go ahead and have them check your thetas for 300 bucks, you could be the next person to go missing how exciting.

L RON HUBBARD WAS BLACK

No, he's dead.

Calm down.

I'm not saying it wasn't fucked, but he set out to do something and pulled it off. Give credit where credit is due.

>pretending
He literally said it himself. And it's well-documented as something he would say repeatedly.

>You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.
>Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.

>This statement is similar or identical to several statements Hubbard is reported to have made to various individuals or groups in the 1940s. Variants include:

>The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall — but in so many words Hubbard said: "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"
>L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd A. Eshbach, in 1949; as quoted by Eshbach in his autobiography Over My Shoulder: Reflections On A Science Fiction Era (1983) ISBN 1-880418-11-8 .

>Y'know, we're all wasting our time writing this hack science fiction! You wanta make real money, you gotta start a religion!
>As reported to Mike Jittlov by Theodore Sturgeon as a statement Hubbard made while at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society clubhouse in the 1940s.

>Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.
>As quoted in the Los Angeles Times (27 August 1978)

>Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion.
>As quoted in the article "Scientology: Anatomy of a Frightening Cult" by Eugene H. Methvin. Reader's Digest (May 1980).

>I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money — he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult.
>Sam Merwin, Editor of Thrilling Science Fiction magazine Winter of 1946-47; quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller

>Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion.
>Neison Himmel, briefly a roommate of Hubbard in Pasadena during the fall of 1945, in a 1986 interview, quoted in Bare-Faced Messiah, The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (1987) by Russell Miller.

>If someone says something, they mean it.

heh.

He sounds like a nonmalignant Hitler, in terms of ambition. One of the geniuses and true originals of the past century.

Scientology interests me as much as the Branch Davidians due to my being in a cult. I think some people in mine were supportive of those two. It showed in writing for the BDs when shit went down at Waco. Then there was eariler writing from the 70s or 80s supportive of that old lady's interpretation that the Holy Spirit was female.

Both Scientology and my cult published some crazy stuff that was only available to the members

If they say multiple times over several decades yes, they absolutely mean it. Are you retarded?

How in the fuck did he actually managed to pull it off???

Luck and inevitability.

Okay. I'm going to say, "This user I am replying to will forward all his income over to me," over several decades if necessary.

I'm lucky because if you're right it will become truth.

Have you studied Scientology?

It was better than Harry Potter, trust me.

Are you arguing that Hubbard had good intentions and actually believed in Xenu or are you trolling?

>I'm not saying it wasn't fucked, but he set out to do something and pulled it off. Give credit where credit is due.

What cult?

No, I'm not arguing for either side. Just talking it out.

Both sides tend to be over-dramatic and annoying.

I don't really care if Scientology lives on forever or dies out. I'm completely indifferent.

Well, what really was his final goal?

To fuck shit up? To defeat Germany? I guesd you could say he pulled it off.

It's a spiritual holocaust, really, if you think about it.

The Family International

That's not so bad.

because he was busy answering the question, why don't i make my sci-fi novels into a religion?

I'm just glad I wasn't born at an earlier time.

Yes, it was a masterminded conspiracy. Similar to the way the Bush administration carried out 9/11.

It wasn't just some delusional bullshit by a diagnosed psychopathic author who wasn't a victim of his own mental illness.

my post implied neither of those things, but it is nevertheless compatible with both. slow your roll, kimosabe.

World domination. Wanted to unify Germany and roll over Europe.

you're starting to play it cool. some of me is rubbing off onto you.

Well in that case, he didn't pull it off I guess. No credit's due.

i've been playing it cool all thread long.

That was his end goal. He accomplished a lot of other goals he set up.

ego-centric. Scientologist? or wanna-be.

Yes and that's the relativity of credit, which I thought was the whole point. Hubbard realized his intentions of making lots of bucks by creating a religion and "pulled it off" just like Stalin did with his aspirations. So they both get credit for those goals in question.

Conspiracy for the win.

What conspiracy