...I spent too much of my youth enraptured by alchemical texts and hermetic literature

...I spent too much of my youth enraptured by alchemical texts and hermetic literature...

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we've all been there

>33
Nice dubs

Totality: the unconscious and conscious joined

...purity and liberation...

Theres nothing hermetic about a slut with an ourabous tattoo, thats normie as fuck

I agree.

Paradox: to embrace Chaos is not to slide toward entropy but to emerge into an energy like stars, a pattern of instantaneous grace--a spontaneous organic order completely different

After Chaos comes Eros--the principle of order implicit in the nothingness of the unqualified One. Love is structure, system, the only code untainted by slavery & drugged sleep. We must become crooks & con-men to protect its spiritual beauty in a bezel of clandestinity, a hidden garden of espionage

-TAZ

...delight in the vague and laden with innuendo...

then howd you end up so atheist, butterfuck?

Raised as a Christian, but with no real firm anchor to a church. We lived too far away to attend any too often.

I only slowly peeled myself away from that spiritual stuff. Embarrassingly slow, really.

Nice dubs

...evolve our destinies...

People make this mistake, you see. We think that there is a finite quantity of love we have to give, and by pouring it into someone or something, we reduce the amount we have available for other applications.

But it doesn't work that way.

Love reproduces out of love, and the more love you give, the more you have to give.
I am full of it; it overflows

Not an argument.

Yeah.

And guess what? You'll go back to it once in a while, too. Maybe not the alchemy so much as the hermetic literature. But it turns out that it serves some kind of appeal.

What meaning could you find, or what interest could you have, in alchemy, and hermeticism, if you're an atheist?

Either you don't comprehend alchemy, and hermeticism, or you're not an atheist.

Either way you're a poser.

I know what you mean I was 18 before I finally left the church

My first post was only agreeing with OP that he spent too much time enraptured by alchemical texts and hermetic literature.

Why do you equate belonging to a church with being theist, and not belonging to a church with being atheist?

You're ignorant, and confused.

>You're ignorant, and confused.
I made a breeze-by of a tale about my youth, thinking no one would care for any further details.

Being separated from a churchly foundation, I believe gave me more liberty of thought, as i would often struggle with the questions myself instead of going to a pastor. At 18 I recommitted to my church and got baptized, but delving seriously this time into my bible I had further questions I couldn't bring myself to ask anyone. Eventually I worked my way into a sort of "Gnosticism" to shore up my dwindling faith. But thankfully I finally found the time to reasoned with myself.

All that time I could have been exploring sociopolitical issues and drifted to anarchism sooner. But oh well.

I don't think you know what "atheist" means and doesn't mean. There's nothing in the word that disallows belief in magic, fairies, the Loch Ness Monster, Atlantis, time travel, etc.

Again, you don't know what atheism, or theism, are, nor do you know the difference between religion, and spirituality.

You're a perfect idiot.

they're happening again

HA. No, you.

???

So, tell us about your theory of Alchemy.

Who ?

Hermetic texts made more sense after reading the Greeks. It's the best way for pantheists to engage in mysticism.

>she [ate] the whole fish skeleton
>Annika became scared.
>"It can be dangerous. That kind of fish bones are sharp as sewing needles you know."
>"Then I have sewing needles letters in my stomach now", said Pippi.
"Yes, and a bunch of crazy ideas in [unreadable]"

....we just need Rei in here and the autistic circlejerk will be in....full power

Edgy tattoo indeed.

dude that's a washing machine

Can we get some kind of hermetic lit reading list? Love that shit.

Check out the Occult library from /x/
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>muh external experience