I want to rent an apartment in a small city (USA) with my gf, and Airbnb out the extra room in it...

I want to rent an apartment in a small city (USA) with my gf, and Airbnb out the extra room in it, for the financial gainz.

The twist is, I don’t want to tell my landlord. From what I’ve been reading, most landlords would despise the idea.

What’s the worst that would happen if they found out? Eviction with 30 days notice (big deal)? Or full on lawsuit?

Probably eviction, maybe lawsuit. Dont do it.

>gf
Kys

>636▶
>I want to rent an apartment in a small city (USA) with my gf, an
never thought of this.... sounds like a good idea if it could work. i dont see how the landlord would find out

spotted the virgin

did you sign a lease?

Lol were you in that last thread? I’m the guy who did this in Tampa.

Wrong but maybe.

How about, don't do shit that might be illegal. Idiot.

What kind of apartment? In a large building? Small? Is there maintenance or leasing agents on site regularly? If so no don't do it.
If it's a low key place yeah you can probably get away with it. But you do have to realize that they'll also be able to see if you post to airbnb.

Why not just buy a place and airbnb out? That way you can build some equity at least

oh shit FL fag also. did it work?

>with my gf
Get the fuck out normie

You'd probably get a written or verbal warning then be evicted if you persisted. If there's nothing in your lease about subletting your landlord is either cool or a fucking idiot. Worst case scenario you break the terms of your lease and he keeps your security deposit. No one's gonna take you to small claims court over that shit.

T. Landlord

Yeah did it for 1 year to pay off all my furniture/etc. in the apartment, did like ~$10k. When we resigned the lease it said something about Airbnb being not allowed, but there's really no way for them to enforce it. You can make your listing difficult to find too to make it harder for them to bust you, as the only real thing they can do is look on Airbnb for your listing.

if theres nothing in the lease stating aribnb being not allowed, they cant kick me out right?

They probably have something about "short term rentals" that's in the lease, that's usually what it's called. Like I said though it's basically impossible to get caught if you're smart about it. I had friends who got an eviction warning when they were caught, but that was because they let stupid fucking boomers stay at their place and the boomers for some reason thought it was a good idea to tell the management at the apartment complex they were staying at an Airbnb.

It’s called subletting OP. It will say in your lease if you’re able to do it or not.

What last thread? Some housing thread or something? Wasn’t me but user PLEASE share your experience, all the details, I’m extremely curious.

I am thinking about buying too but eh. I’m a fresh graduate of college, just started my first job, making $60k/year (before taxes) but definitely counting on getting fired at some point, and/or moving somewhere else in the country soon enough.

At current Airbnb rates in my area, I calculated a 10-year ROI on a place that’d even cost me $180,000 total, and I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to that, should I lose my income stream or move far away in the near future (I don’t actually like my home city, it’s just where I happen to be until I save up some more)

See Lmk any other questions.

This isn’t strictly related but actually recently I was in the process of signing a lease with a friend (before I got the airbnb idea), and in the lease it said specifically no subletting. That place fell through but I guess I could try & find somewhere with a dumber landlord with no clauses about subletting, but I’m wondering what might happen if I DID take a place with that prohibited in the lease, and literally just ignored it lol. I know renters have an absurd amount of rights most places in the US so wonder if I could get away with it.

I have been doing this for more than a year. I have 4 rentals. Once I got a warning on one, but it was to the entire building, so they didn't caught me. So far so good, I have the feeling that as long as you don't cause trouble and pay your rent on time, they don't care

You're not going to find any place that won't have this in the lease desu, it's not even an Airbnb thing - a lot of cities had these before either in a no sublet clause or no short term rentals clause, somewhat the same thing but not really. What city are you trying this in?

There is services out there that are designed for landlords to catch people doing airbnb, but those are rare. Your biggest problem is your govt cos they might want a piece of the action

Not gonna say exactly, but suffice it to say somewhere in MD. It actually looks like there’s not a ton of competition when I look for places in airbnb itself.

And yeah ok, thanks that’s pretty much what I was thinking too. Hence why I think it’s literally useless to try approaching landlords about this kind of thing beforehand; might as well either throw caution to the wind, give no fucks and do it anyway like a true lad, or just actually go the buying route. I need to be redpilled harder on that though before I put down a mortgage payment with only a few grand in the bank and a shaky $60k salary job.

the worst thing that can happen is your roommate hears you having sex with your gf

How small? When I lived in one I rented out 2 rooms. 1 to a couple and 1 to a single mom without her kids for over a year. You can do it just have to do it right

Why would you want a random squatters to use a room in your place?? What kind of money are we talking about here?

Boomer detected.

im 24, why the fuck would you want complete randos at your place all the time? again, whats the return on investment here, like $400 a month?

Wage cuck detected

I've literally never had a job, I'm the OP of the drop shipping thread faggot. Kek.

Neighbors will snitch. Would work better if you rented a house, but still sketchy.

They caught on to this shit real quick after AirBnB got big.

oh, that was a nice thread, thanks for contributing lol

Archived?