If the earth is a sphere why doesnt the worlds ocean fly off the earth?

Something starting to bother me about Gravity in general.

Shouldn't Gravity be reinvestigated?

If you spin a drenched Tennis Ball you see the Water fly off yet the Earth doesnt lose any water?

Well yea, but people believe everything science tells them because it's what they are taught.

In reality it should be a density test.

A brick dropping in water will drop straight to the bottom. A plank of wood, would not. Different density.

>If you spin a drenched Tennis Ball you see the Water fly off yet the Earth doesnt lose any water?
The Earth doesn't spin fast enough for the water to fly off the surface(or even bulge at the equator noticeably) given its amount of gravitational force on the water.

And the mass of the ball is suposed to be enough to attach the water to it ? fucking moron

Are you insane do you know how fast the Earth spins?

It's pretty slow compared to the size of the earth sempai

Something less of 600 m/s in the equator.

The earth's oceans have a very large mass, and they don't have have enough kinetic energy to defeat gravity.

Never thought about this, there might be something in op's post

> implying the whole earth, oceans and continents included, doesn't bulge from centrifugal forces

if that ball spun at 1 rotation per day, no water would fly off it either

Earth is rotating at 1 rev/24h
The tennis ball is doing at least 1 rev/s

Their angular speeds are literally astronomically different.

there is a thread for stupid questions, why is this shit allowed.

Wow, great point, OP. Reminds me of something I discovered recently related to evolution: The main story people want us to believe is that 4-6 million years ago, humans didn't exist, and that we had a common ancestor with a chimpanzee. They say that this "wan't a chimp" but that it also "wasn't a human." So that means it would have to have features of both. The problem is, chimpanzees don't have features of both, and humans don't have features of both. If humans and chimps don't have features of both, then how could the common ancestor have features of both? That means either humans evoluved from chimps, or chimps evolved from humans. Obviously since humans are more advanced than chimps, the humans must have "evolved" from chimps. However, if chimps evolted into humans, then how are there still chimps? According to evolution, birds evolved from dinosaurs, therefore there are no dinosaurs left. If humans evolved from chimps, then IT MAKES NOT SENSE FOR THERE TO BE ANY CHIMPS

That's the stupidest shit I've ever read in Veeky Forums after the guy claiming 39 was divisible by 10

I'm here to tell y'all that and are right.

If anyone's reading this and is just curious (not taking the bait, that is), the force from the Earth spinning makes us something like 3% lighter at the equator than at the poles.

Ain't that fucking cool?

About 1 rotation per day.

Fast enough that all the shit in your body moved into your head, obviously.

Wow
Come on over to ANONs

Because of pressure

If you fill a cup full of gas matter you can't add any liquid matter unless the gas matter is displaced first.

Because the earth doesnt spin fast enough to overcome gravity

Disregarding gravity or the size of earth, imagine a tennis ball spinning 1 rotation in a day. It isn't going to spew any water at all because it is moving so slowly.

I laughed.

The earth has a magnetic field that keeps the water attached. A tennis ball doesn't.

A flat spinning disc would also spread the water off of it you fucking retarded flatcuck

This thread made me laugh so much.

>there are actually crazy american rednecks who agree and think it's all a government conspiracy

Actually the flat earth society almost has no rednecks you fucking racist

>The earth has a magnetic field that keeps the water attached
[citation needed]
You will, of course, provide a copy of your doctoral thesis and share your Nobel Prize money with Veeky Forums.

Just wow people.
This stuff would be funny if it wasn't so sad. No... It's hilarious.
salutes you

Gravity people...
GRAVITY

> gravity
Take a tennis ball, drench it in water, hold it above the ground. The water drips down, right? So if gravity were real, all the oceans would just drip off the south pole.

>if gravity were real
>IF

Ho-lee-shit I love this board

rednecks arent even a race, more of a congregational for retards

>So if gravity were real, all the oceans would just drip off the south pole
Wow...
salutes you too.
That's either really bad bait or you know less about science than my children did in the 3rd grade.

Στ= Ι × α
being α a vector.

do you even science?

HE'S CALLED OUT CON.

AND TO THINK WE'D GET AWAY WITH SAYING THE GRAVITY OF PLANET IS GREATER THAN THE GRAVITY OF A TENNIS BALL.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.

HE'S CRACKED THE CASE.

NO USE IN A COVER UP.

MIGHT AS WELL PACK IT UP AND PHONE IN IT.

Well...I dont believe in gravity as Newton describe it. im more into relative mechanics

Ya'll tripping I read something about this and the Flat Earth conundrum.

The main reason water doesn't fly off the planet though is because we're not rotating. We're exclusively in a bubble.