ITT: We ask questions of science that are either hard to explain, or unexplainable

ITT: We ask questions of science that are either hard to explain, or unexplainable.

I'll start, what is a question that has yet to be formulated?

What is time without a clock?

What is?

What is at the bottom of a black hole?

WHAT?

Time unwinds

Why didn't evolution only yield extremely rapidly replicating organisms?

Nature was always confused about this prospect. From single cell to lumbering dinosaurs, at some point consciousness was derived namely from a numerical equation. How many is too many. In essence, there is neither too little or too many humans. Well, that is what is natural.

If a fly didn't have wings, would it be called 'walk?'

+1 to you

What's the implication of quantum computers actually working? ( they do work actually )

I've checked what some of the greatest physicists today said about it - ones that mathematically predicted decades ago accurately the results of precise measurements today.

And they said something like - if quantum computers work we have to seriously consider many worlds.

Why is OP such a faggot?

In which orifice does OP prefer big blac

time is arbitrary ya dingus

"bottom" doesnt make sense as such, but either way we still dont know. could be as simple as information is just converted and radiated out maybe?

surely it would depend on the environment? Only organisms living in ecosystems that could support a large number of offspring would take advantage of it, since the more offspring the more energy required to grow/birth/whatever.

what do you mean by implications? In a technological aspect?

A farmer has 20 pigs, 40 cows, 60 horses. How many horses does he have if you call the cows horses?

>what do you mean by implications? In a technological aspect?

No, not that because - the theoretical experiments - such as quantum computers were deduced from calculations long time ago.

They were purely theoretical and in theory if that worked it would imply the existence of many worlds parallel to our.

Turns out that quantum computers actually work and the theoretical experiment is validated.

Now what's the next step - how the many world interpretation is going to be approached and what new theories will arise, or are there any hypothesis that attempt to describe the many worlds which you know about?

I think you're giving the jump between "Oh, our QM theories work!" and "Well there must be an infinite number of possibilities and therefore an infinite number of worlds" too much credence.

IMO, the many worlds theory is just an unfalsifiable idea. It's pretty much just a cop out to explain the weird nature of QM. It's likely someone sooner or later will come up with a more complete theory of QM that helps describe the nature of it but that shit's pretty damn difficult.

>attempts at intuitive interpretations are the same as the rigorous theory
how to know someone knows QM from wikipedia reading

>mfw I'm actually on a Cosmology MSc course
>"Further Quantum Mechanics" and "Quantum Field Theory" modules

I never described them as the same thing, I merely stated because its a massive cluster fuck of ideas it's much more difficult to actually understand and come up with theories.

samefag

[math] \pi [\math}

Well, you see, if mass reaches infinite the faster it travels to the speed of light, why doesn't the light from our sun or from our light globes cause a black hole in our solar system or houses?

Do you need help there bud ? Cmon let's find your mommy.

why did she leave me?

Mass increases as matter -accelerates- toward the speed of light. Photons already exist at the speed of light from the instant they're created, they don't undergo acceleration.

What is your answer to the problem of induction?

60. The cows don't care how you call them.

trick question, sage

would it be possible - not with current technology - to analyse the atomic structure of an object throughout and recreate it?

why is op so gay

Don't worry guys, he's taking a class that mentions QM, he's legit.

If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be. How can it equal one?