Genetics Vs Cybernetics

Okay guys (and a few girls, i suppose)
What's the future of evolution? Cybernetics or Genetic augmentation? Pick a side, debate and post thoughts and articles that corroborate your stance.
No, "both" is not a valid answer. Stop being a little bitch and compromise already.
Suggesting alternate opinions is valid and highly encouraged.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respirocyte
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlphaGo_versus_Lee_Sedol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I feel like Genetics is the safer way to go, Cybernetics are just to fragile in my opinion.

A genetic augmentation drug that is able to be spread through all forms of media (air, water, etc) wins.

As a weapon or as a form of treatment?
Shit, that is sounding a lot like the T-virus, mate.

Personally, I would prefer genetics simply because it means we as a species won't degrade over time and become more and more reliant on cybernetics as well as the fact that cybernetics could easily be damaged, hacked, etc., but the issue is that people don't want to do this genetic stuff because
>i-i-it's unnatural
>i-its against god
or something else along the lines of them thinking their baby is going to turn into an abomination

Obviously cybergenetic. Our physical bodies are our weakness, why we try to keep fixing something that is broken. Replace the shit with something that actually works.

If you fuck up your genetics, you can't fix it like you can fix a piece of machinery.

>implying people don't degrade over time
>implying people are not gullible enough not to be "hacked" as it is.

Cybernetics can be hacked while genetics cant thats the only reason to oppose Cybernetics.

Genetics can acquire diseases while cybernetics cant thats the only reason to oppose Genetics

Genetics is biology its objectively inferior to mechanical technology which is cybernetics.

Genetics are adaptable and the result of billions of years of evolution.
Anyone who owns at least one machine (read: everyone) can tell they are very prone to breaking and even harder to fix.

Ya know, I'd go for cybenetic rather than genetic, mostly because of stability of the augmentation. Genetics can be a bit fickle at times (I will grant, though, that by the time that we can genetically augment people we can assume that genes are better understood).

Although, as long as it's decently regulated, I'd be okay with it.

organics are not stable enough for the timespans needed in interstellar travel.

Homo Sapien Sapien will never reach another star system. Though humanity will, as machines.

Whoah hold your horses man
Just what year are we talking about here, anyway?

>Genetics can acquire diseases
And that is why we fix them and make the next generation stronger

>cybergenetic
What exactly do you mean by this?

>No, "both" is not a valid answer.
You're a fucking retard. The only way to go forward is both. The Borg genetically modify humans to be more susceptible to the cybernetic implants. It's a self-reinforcing loop.

This whole thread reeks of nature-denying Judaism. Have a sage.

>Our physical bodies are our weakness
Maybe if you're a scrawny DYEL.

kek. Damn the jews are behind Transhumanism too?

ure just nitpicking user. there are some other dumbfucks who push transhumansim autism as well

There should be Spider-Man in the OP-pic.

You need genetics so your body doesn't reject your cybernetics, retard.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Fucking degenerate.

>What's the future of evolution? Cybernetics or Genetic augmentation?
>or

cybernetic --> cybernetic/genetic --> cybernetic nanotech

We're already in the cybernetic stage (pacemakers, artificial limbs, cochlear implants, etc), moving into the cybernetic/genetic stage, thanks to breakthroughs like CRISPR.

Cybernetic nanotech will integrate and improve upon nature. One concept: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respirocyte

I don't rule out mind uploading as the ultimate solution to augmentation, and no one should be so shortsighted and naive to do so.

This. Spiderman was years ahead of its time in predicting DNA inter-species integration.

why not both?

Still more efficient to maintain than bioshit.

cybergenetics

Transhumanism isn't flying car bullshit, it's more like robot butler bullshit: it's physically possible but the lack of knowledge and amount of resources needed are being severely underestimated. If it does happen don't expect a singularity since vast majority of people will not be able to afford this shit.

Wow only 8 people pushing transhumanism huh, who'd have thought it.

> If it does happen don't expect a singularity since vast majority of people will not be able to afford this shit.
Singularity means that the technological development is so fast that we won't be able to understand it. We're already seeing a prelude to singularity. The designers of AlphaGo had no idea what it actually did when it won. They had to do an extensive study for a few months to figure it out.

>pro-Christianity
>anti-divorce
>homophobic
>transphobic
>technophobic

Ok m8.

>I don't rule out mind uploading

The thing about uploading minds is the question of what you would keep.

Which aspects of humanity would be kept and which omitted/recoded?

>They had to do an extensive study for a few months to figure it out.

Source on this?

I'm very interested.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlphaGo_versus_Lee_Sedol

I'm sorry I can't quite find the article since I read it a while back when it first happened, but I'm sure you'll find everything that you're looking for at the link above.

But no I agree machines are easy to fix, genetics ate prone to mutation and replication making that shift way harder to counteract
>hard to fix
For you, biologist. I fixed my pond filter pump just yesterday

It's gonna be both, we are working on making computers that can interface biochemically with humans. However the base facts of our existence need to be enhanced so as to prevent unnecessary degradation to the system ie. aging, disease, metabolic dead ends etc.