Veeky Forums What's the most you guys have had to write in one day?

Veeky Forums What's the most you guys have had to write in one day?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

500 words, due tomorrow

I actually have a 20 word essay due tomorrow and I haven't even started

Are you being serious?

Fuck off

1500 words in 4 hours
thanks modafinil

God damn. What did you get on a paper like that?

>tfw 200 word essay due tommorow and i havent even started yet

one time i fucked up hard and had to write a 14 page paper in one day. never doing that again

83%
Although I only knew half the stuff I wrote and I just bullshitted with the rest of it. Modainil just gave me the motivation I need. Honestly you work like a terminator when you're on that stuff but the crashing down feels just horrible and makes you feel like shit. I wouldn't advice mods unless you're really desperate to get shit done.

No seriously stop fucking joking

why do you go to this site if you've already got your degree?

God damn

What? I don't have my degree... Also this isn't a site for science and math college students, it's for anyone who loves science and math.

Total of 4000 words, distributed through 3 classes, astrophysics, philosophy and french.

OP here, I'm a freshy in college but I got a 4 page paper due tonight so that's why I made this thread (I'm procrastinating). Also, Ik that isn't a lot and it hasn't been the most I've ever done. The most I've done was on Thursday this week, I can't even remember but combined across english and philosophy I wrote like 10 pages for english and then had to make a review sheet for philosophy (wasn't hard but it took retardedly long, like 8 point font, small margins, and 2 full pages)

Get off Veeky Forums, get a nut off and get to work, it'll be done.

Holy fuck I got a 95 on the paper I had to write 7 pages for in one day.

80% of a master's thesis. Listened to fast-paced Coltrane tracks throughout. Really got me going.

This question makes no sense at all.

I am, I just got one page done. Been putting it off cause it's a 1 credit hour bulllshit class and I'm pretty sure the credit wouldn't even matter...

Did they like it? lmao

11,000 words in 3 hours.

all of it done the morning before it was due.

I refuse to believe that. I mean, if u really did that, you should've failed.

>colleges requiring a certain number of pages instead of good content and arguements

>I will not cause disturbances in class, and I will pay attention to what my teacher, Mr. user, says, or I will have more sentences to write.

5000 times. The whole class. 5th grade.

>argue
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument
get out

The work was already done, I had been working on it for the preceding six months or so. Still, finding a coherent presentation, writing everything down rigorously takes time and effort. My grade for the written part was an 8/10. Definitely a work I am slightly ashamed of. :(

>I mean, if u really did that, you should've failed.
liberal art classes are great aren't they?

5 pages in 3 hours

I've pretty much written most of my papers in a day or less. The most would probably be 2, 3-4 page papers I had on the Renaissance which I woke up around 6 am and worked on straight until class at 11. Finished just in time, got an 85% average on them.

8/10 seems pretty good

What's your thesis about?

It wasn't one day, but the worst I've had in recent history was a 10 page paper for my differential geometry course. On the first day of class, the professor says he wants a paper written by the end of the course, but doesn't give any details (subject, length, etc). On the last day of class, he finally mentions that it should be ~10 pages long on "something you find interesting", even though we had pressured him multiple times earlier in the semester for more details.

Ended up spending two days writing about the Gauss-Bonnet Theorem, something I had never been exposed to but had found on a "Theorems in Differential Geometry" wiki page, then one day of editing. I got full credit for the paper, but a little heads up would have been nice.

It's still a cool theorem though.

I had to write a ~10 page essay in my honours project. I finished it and was getting it proof read when my usb corrupted and i lost it and all my endnote citations. The only backup i had was a 2 page dot pointed outline so i stayed up for 24 hours straight and wrote it again.

Handed it up 5 pm the day it was due and got a high distinction. Felt good.

How do you pull that off? I'm so neurotic about what I put into my papers that it takes me like 3 days at a minimum to write a 7 page paper.

I had a physics lab where we measured radioactive decay. The decay counts were ticked on paper and I had to enter the data to the computer by hand.

I was mostly done with the paper, about 13 pages and my computer crashed and I lost it all except for the raw data. So I spent the next 14 hours redoing the analysis and retyping the report.

Not fun, but it turned out well

Wrote a 7 page paper in 4 hours for a literature class once.

Made an A-, single spelling mistake.

1000 words one night before handing in for psychology

got a perfect score because I pandered to her leftist self

Thats what im saying my nigga. I bought my teacher a redbull as a gift on tge last day cause he mentioned she likes them. Probably got a 95 causw of that

I have done this. Got an A. It's possible. I hope you at least have your books.

Dude, do your homework the right way. I've been in your position before. Don't let yourself get into a rut where you do everything half-assed for 4 years.

A number of pages or a word count establishes a level of detail, and that's perfectly valid. Example: a paper about whether Mao was or was not responsible for nearly 20 million Chinese deaths during the Great Leap Forward could be three paragraphs or thirty. Both could be good or bad. A length requirement gives you a ballpark of how detailed you should be.

Also, papers of any real length dealing with real arguments (like the one above) have word limits, not minimums. History and philosophy arguments are more prone to go over than under expected length.

Not him, but I've done more. You sit and write and do nothing else. All day.

>a paper about whether Mao was or was not responsible for nearly 20 million Chinese deaths during the Great Leap Forward could be three paragraphs or thirty.

Who gives a fuck?

>not saving regularly
Rookie mistake

That is one sitting at most. Won't take you more than an hour or two.

to shit on freshman with their ignorant opinions.