ITT: Boring novels you forced yourself to read to "fit in"

ITT: Boring novels you forced yourself to read to "fit in"

I just wanted to say I've read it. The chapters that actually advanced the plot were very interesting, though. I think it could be a much better book if the informative chapters about whaling were cut out.

The prose was also way too thick for my taste.

>I think it could be a much better book if the informative chapters about whaling were cut out.
those are called abridged versions user, there are a lot of them

You didn't read it

I think Dostoyevsky was projecting when he was using the word 'rigmarole' (hadnt heard that word until reading TBK).

But the good parts made up for the long-windedness IMO

But it's funny as fuck

Reading this exact version right now. I love it; it's not boring at all.

>forced to read
>to fit in
FUCKING PSEUDS REEEE

But TBK is pretty fun to read, and the prose isn't particularly thick either. 15 y.o me read it and loved it.

not me senpai, I've dropped karamazovs afer 300ish pages, Dosto is a hack anyways

The middle is a slog to be sure, but this is THE book . (Not the Bible, Ulysses, IJ, etc.)

plebs detected

You're a retard. not because you didn't like the book, but because you're trying so hard to fit in

mfw I got trolled into reading this edition.

This is embarrassing. But suddenly the shittiness of Veeky Forums makes sense

>answers given by .1% of the people who visit Veeky Forums represent all of Veeky Forums

you're embarrassing dawg

>the prose was also way too *good for my taste
kekkaroo

Read it again.

That picture reminds me of the Hindenburg disaster.

That's my exact problem with the book. Its actual fiction sections are great, but then there's pages upon pages where they describe how to properly make use of a whale dick

If you're reading to fit-in you are reading fit the wrong reasons. Besides, I'm not sure how tbk could be considered boring. It's fairly easy read. The translator, Avsey, likes to use big British words though.

The Divine Comedy. Complete snoozefest full of outdated references about Florence that I don't care about.

>not understanding moby-dick

The Count of Monte Cristo

and I couldnt even finish it

The beginning was great with Jonathan. After he leaves Dracula's castle the book gets into a bit of a boring glut. I haven't finished it until this day.

kekkles