Ocean planets

am i the only one here with a phobia of ocean planets?

image a gigantic cold ocean hundreds of kilometers deep, maybe even with strange alien lifeforms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6BKXGx2IMmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pro tip: You're living on one

>planet made of ocean
>alien lifeforms

they would drown you dummy

Just like fishes do?

Being 3,000 km from land is pretty much the same thing as being on a planet with no land if your boat sinks.

Yes

Maybe they have Cola bottles they fill with air

umaru confirmed ocean planet alien

nothing living in it is worse
scrub

OP here

yes if I think about it again you are right

I thought I read somewhere that a fully-ocean planet wouldn't be just like ocean, it'd have some weird special properties.

>ocean planet
>big moon in orbit
>interstellar tier tidal wave
SURFING USA

Sounds chilly as fuck homie

Maybe if it had ice caps tho it'd be a little less scary

it would have a mantle of white-hot ice made solid by the immense pressure at depth. and the crystal structure would be an exotic one only known from laboratory experiments.
so yeah, not liquid all the way down to the core (assuming it has any refractory component). it would have solid layers of weird polymorphs of water.

this.

A ocean is essentially another layer of atmosphere.

>Terrified of deep water

>Bought foldable canoe to go out on Lake

>too scared to leave the shallows

>sell it on for a three hundred buck loss

You should watch the film Europa. Cheap budget but well made.

Ocean planets sound chill as fuck.
>oh shit dude I'm in a fucking alien ocean
>who knows what kind of alien crap lives in this ocean
>nvm I'll just float lmao (;

NO NO NO NO

All water you say? Sounds awesome!

I especially like the part where the squid monster and female astronaut 'came together for mutual understanding' if you know what I mean

youtube.com/watch?v=6BKXGx2IMmk

Get ready to shit yourself user....no telling what's down there.

Imagine if you had to explore it with no suit, you're wading chest deep through the worldwide ocean on this odd planet when suddenly you feel something bump against your leg. Maybe it's just your imagination, but then you feel it again, and again. Finally a tentacle wraps around you and you see glowing eyes gaze up at you from the depths in front of you.

Also enjoy watching the Europa Report alone in your room at 3 in the morning. Have a nice night.

only with that fun and exciting song playing in the background/ dry land is a myth desu

it everybody had an ocean [planet], right user?

hundreds of kilometers deep??

>waterworld
>a few chains of small islands
>tropical fun day every day

A bit like the web comics Off World: The Crease?
NB: Very NSFW.

Could it be possible that a rogue planet with a dense, heat-trapping atmosphere would self-heat enough to cause liquid water to form at its surface?