"Caddy smelled like trees." What did he mean by this? Do many Americans want to fuck their sisters...

"Caddy smelled like trees." What did he mean by this? Do many Americans want to fuck their sisters? Is Faulkner accurate?

You think someone smelling like a tree means they're fuckable?

You never lusted after you sister?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Didn't Benji say say that after she was in a tree?

Ever smelled a generic tree?

would tap dat ass in IOP's pic even if it was my sister

>sister
>implying its a girl

He's got a nice rack if he's a guy

It means she was having sex and its a symbol of her becoming a woman

>rack
>pic of butt

basically it was what he related to innocence

she stopped smelling like trees after she became sexually active

I could have sword it was the other way around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can see the rack, and it's a fine-ass rack.

>What did he mean by this?

He's an idiot, so his experience of the world is mostly related to what he can smell, see, or hear, and not to his musings, thoughts, or insights. Caddy's smell and dirty underwear were stuck in his memory and now those memories get triggered by similar sensory experiences. His concept of time is distorted, his memories and actions are all jumbled up: that's why he shifts between memories so quickly.

It means the Cadillac smelled like marijuana. Faulkner lifted that from Ludacris.

kek'd

I think that's what the retard was trying to say.

So is this an American thing or what?

I'm Canadian, so this novel was a bit difficult for me to understand.

bump

source on the picture?

I realize the entire Canadian identity is built on not being American because you're irrelevant and insecure, but in reality, you know you're not different.

As to what you said, not being able to understand Faulkner has nothing to do with nationality, you're just an idiot.

> implying anyone knows what the characters are saying in As I Lay Dying

he meant she smelled like trees

where is it hard to understand what the characters are saying?

As somebody that grew up in atlanta I genuinely don't know if it would be hard for non-southerners or if you're just an idiot

Fuckin retards she smells like trees because she has been having sex and rolling around in the bushes. Benjy doesnt want to fuck her he doesnt know what that is he is just saying what he senses.

it's a fine ass-rack alright

first 30 pages all I understood was something about a cake not being purchased and some hillbilly fapping on his porch thinking if his brother is on the other porch also fapping, also one of them is a carpenter

I really have no clue. Had to put it down.

I assume that's a picture of yourself?

What parts? Im c too but it was clear by the end

So did Quentin have sex with Caddy or not? I'm so confused.

he killed her boyfriend and got her pregnant and then killed himself

caddy had sex with jason too

DIS CAKE AINT GON SELL ITSELF!

1) Caddy and Jason fooled around when they were younger. It doesn't explicitly say there was penetration, but they definitely were "dancing sitting down." which is ambiguous.
2) Quentin lied about committing incest to his dad to cover up for Caddy's pregancy.

user could be right Jason getting Caddy pregnant, but I don't remember that, so as far as I know, he could have interpreted it that way. TSatF is really fractured, so it's an exercise (and a rewarding one, I think) reading it.

>Canadian
Alice Munro writes about incest too.

I kek'd hard at this.

But seriously, you must not have gotten it. The important thing about the cake was that one of the sons wanted to make money selling it (it's been a while, so maybe I'm mixed up), while it bothered his brother that he wanted to just leave the house and make cash while the mom was lying there dying. Both of the brothers are cunts in that regard.

And the carpenter was making the coffin for the mom. Seems pretty important to me, especially since she just sat and watched it being made the whole time. How could that not drive you mad?

she drank his nut

>implying it was hard to understand
Perhaps the subtext was, but that's the beauty of this book. It gives you all these clues and pieces in each perspective and asks you to put them together, forming a 3-dimensional experience of the story.
>New Jersey fag reporting
I might have had to double-take a few words or phrases in the book and I certainly spent extra time on certain sections (most notably Vardaman's and Dewey Dell's), but it always became clear to me after a little bit. I'm quite good at reading in pigeon languages or dialects. While reading Clockwork Orange, I understood nadsat quite quickly (I was in middle school). Didn't have much trouble with Trainspotting either. Just try to hear the words and the accent and it should make sense.

It has it's moments of difficulty, but I did fine with it, despite being a yank.

citation? Not that I don't believe you, I just need to see for myself.