Is the state of poetry now the upcoming future of literature? Stagnant, dead, zero power over anything?

Is the state of poetry now the upcoming future of literature? Stagnant, dead, zero power over anything?

>inb4 pop music is poetry
>inb4 shut up pleb, nothing will change

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Writing poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric.

Pop music can be poetry.

>zero power

Art doesn't have "power" over anything.

/thread

and what is even more barbaric is the way i'll play a bitch just to get a nut

the fucking fuck

The aim of jazz is the mechanical reproduction of a regressive moment, a castration symbolism. 'Give up your masculinity, let yourself be castrated,' the eunuchlike sound of the jazz band both mocks and proclaims, 'and you will be rewarded, accepted into a fraternity which shares the mystery of impotence with you, a mystery revealed at the moment of the initiation rite.

???

>implying New Formalism isn't the way forward

>implying New Formalism is present tense and not perfect tense

Please bury yourself where nobody will ever find you

what.

/THREAD

Dante is the only poet.

Plebeians, when will they ever learn.

Not on my watch!

>this pic
Work, like any exposure, reveals intelligence. What he is experiencing is his Actual intelligence, which was very low before his work. When subjects live their lives thinking to be something good before being systematically confronted with reality, they get this kind of childish reaction against reality. All research on the effect of jobs on intelligence agrees that tasks actually increase intelligence, yet this kid says the opposite.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

my IQ is 145

I'm just very, very lazy, insecure and have bad people skills

t. online iq tester

this
good one

WW2 pretty much killed art to be honest.

Modern jobs are designed to prevent self betterment and beat you down into becoming a wageslave. When I was working 20 hours a week earning my bachelor's, I learned another language, read dozens of novels, practiced high level math regularly, and felt smarter every day.

Working 40-50 hours a week (my job often requires overtime), I have no motivation, nor energy, to improve myself. I forget a lot of what I have learned because I can only really study on the weekends.

poor you