How much time does it take you to read on average to read a page?

How much time does it take you to read on average to read a page?

It takes me around 1 minute and a half.

Google it nigga

Me on the right.

considering word count on pages varies a lot, i would say it depends

I don't know, I'm one of those weird people who can cram a book in in no time, I can read way to fast and process it same with maths but speaking out loud takes me a while and a lot of concentration to put cohesive thoughts into speech.

But probably like 15 seconds a page depending on the book up to 20 seconds down to like 5 or 10 if the word count is low

I tend to read much slower when it's philosophy; talking about novels, I believe that around 1 minute and a half too, it depends on word count like that user said

Tai Lopez?

Abut thirty to forty-five seconds a page.

I found I read far faster when I don't speak the words but scan them with my eyes and I still retain a great deal of the book too; I read almost exclusively non-fiction and I highlight and make notes on my E-reader for after I read the book which I look over and which serves as a straight to the point version of the book.

I condensed The Prince by Machiavelli down to around eight pages of highlights and notes.

Wait what? Who's that, I'm doing some day drinking so yeah ha then again that's every day...

4 minutes if fiction
1 minute if light non-fiction
>10 minutes if reading college textbooks and similar shit

No way you can properly process that shit so quickly. No way.

My brain is fucked up yes I can but some normal things don't make any sense to me or take forever to do, people are all different

I know there are people who can do maths incredibly, ridiculously fast. But it's not the same as language.

That's not that fast actually compared to true speed readers, and yes its not exactly the same but it's similar just I'm the same way people it's hard to understand how people are capable of one thing they wonder why it takes you so long. It's something you just don't know how to experience

This guy seems legit, it's just not subvocalizing or sounding the words out in your head. I used to be able to read really fast because I got the hang of just caring about the meaning, not the sound of the words, but after not reading much for a few months then coming back to it I ineluctably found myself sounding out words in my head. It's a plus if you're reading poetic language, in fact subvocalization is half the point of reading that. If you're reading something compelling, though, you naturally read fast, and often pageturners don't have pretty prose anyway so who cares about subvocalizing every word in a PKD novel.

Yeah if I'm reading poetry or something with a rhythm base it's slower but it's about understanding the words you don't need to vocalize them in your head to understand it's just a stream of thought I guess. But yeah if it's about the sing song and poetry I'll read it out loud or like words in my head

How much time on average does it take you to read a Veeky Forums thread?

60/hr for lighter fiction, 50/hr for most stuff, 40/hr for heavier fiction, 30/hr for philosophy.

1m45s

Holy shit you guys are fast! Probably takes me about a round 30-60 seconds, 35 if I'm just mainly scanning, but a minute being if I'm heavily concentrating.

If it's non-fiction textbook stuff, them probably 2-3 lol