Al/ck/

I am 24, been drinking daily since I was 18. As in, can't sleep, get the shakes, feel like death without booze. Am I doomed?

>3.97mb for this

no but Veeky Forums is doomed because of people like you, kill yourself

yep

>believing the gook japajew

suck my dick, I'm not reformatting for this

Nice blog post, A+

Make sure not to post to the alck thread specifically made to avoid these thread posts.

I quit benzos after 10 years of continued use, I had about 6 months of withdrawals because I slowly tapered, and then another year of heightened anxiety.

Downers are really hard to quit man, you have to really dedicate yourself to it. Most people don't actually get clean because of how hard it is. So decide now to move in the right direction and make sure every week forthcoming is going to be a little bit better than the last, and slowly taper yourself off booze no matter what.

you are probably lying. ive been drinking every day for over a decade and this does not happen to me

Either you don't drink much or you're fat. You can get servere withdrawals from as little as a month of drinking. If you drink enough and drink soon after waking up, you can develop withdrawals after just a few days.

For reference, I drink a handle a day, starting with two at morning, two on the way to work, and the rest throughout the day. Don't see why I would lie about this, you guys seem to know what's best

Sorry, meant to reply to

USE THE REAL THREAD FAGGOTS

180 pounds, drink a fifth every night for baout 5 years now, used to drink beer before that. 13 total years of drinking without skipping a day

What happened to make you drink that much? I could probably only just polish off a handle on my worst day and I'm an alchie.

It becomes a habit. Wake up, drink a bit to get over the incipient hangover, go to work, drink every chance you get to avoid the crushing responsibility of being a pencil-pushing nobody, go home, drink so that you can tolerate your home life, fall asleep. Before you know it all the vodka is gone, and you didn't even have to try

I drink a pint a day. Sometimes 2 on the weekends. I cant stop. I dont get hangovers anymore and I feel slightly shaky for the first part of the day. Why cant I stop? Am I going to die?

Wrong file my b

A fifth isn't all that much for an alcoholic, and it sounds like you only drink in the evening, meaning you will only suffer withdrawals if you go without for a while. Staying drunk 24/7 can give you nasty inescapable withdrawals pretty quickly, with symptoms which carry on even when you're drinking and don't subside until you're well and truly plastered, often requiring you to drink more than the day before.

I had to detox in hospital once, since I was having to drink more and more each day in order to keep the withdrawals at bay. I couldn't stand up or even talk until I was drunk. This was after just a one week bender.

One to make it up for you guys :*

I feel ya user. Not quite that bad.
>married 4 kids slam 375 ml vodka 2 blocks from home
>drink 4-6 beers after kids go to bed
>doing this for 5 years
What should we do user? Help me and help you

bro, how old are you? That experience is exactly what led me to this thread. All of a sudden one week bender makes you feel like you've been drinking for a year; you can't take care of yourself or think straight or anything. Even after you sober up you can feel your organs complain, and experience massive anxiety for a couple weeks after

Just don't stop.

It's here, damn it.

Sorry, I'm drunk. My ctrl+c was actually a ctrl+space

placeholder? what is the best sub-$50 750 ml bottle of whiskey, mi gourmands?

You could save Hiro money by not visiting the site in the first place

taper slowly, then stop. it's not worth it to keep going.

I did a 750 a night for several years. stopping was one of the best things that I ever did.

It's almost as if different peoples bodies function differently.