A large (n=15,000) Romanian study has found no difference in intelligence by gender...

A large (n=15,000) Romanian study has found no difference in intelligence by gender, and no difference in variance either.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616301003

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2013
researchgate.net/publication/233669967_Snijders-Oomen_Nonverbal_Intelligence_Test_SONR_25-7_Manual_and_Research_Report
atavisionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Sex-differences-in-mental-test-scores-variability-and-numbers-of-high-scoring-individuals-1995-hedges-nowell.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do they measure intelligence ?

Simple. They simply asked the participants whether they would vote for Trump.

They standardized scores from 6 different intelligence tests:
-the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fourth Edition
-, Raven's Progressive Matrices, Plus
-the Multidimensional Aptitude Battery, Second Edition
-the General Ability Measure for Adults
-the Intelligence Structure Test 2000, Revised

so why do women need to be separated from men in board games like chess?

I forgot :

the Snijders-Oomen Nonverbal Intelligence
Test 2 1/2–7

lol crybaby Bern victim trying to be funny
>IQ
into the trash it goes

>mfw i took to WIS-C test when i was 10 and got 150
>im probably about 80 or 70 by now

Chess ability isn't a good proxy for intelligence. For beginners, the more intelligent beginner will beat the less intelligent beginner, but at the higher levels the deciding factor will be hours of practice.

>into the trash it goes

Then why don't you suggest better tests for intelligence, Mr. "I am an expert on intelligence" ? Design a better experiment, go ahead.

>Greetings from Reddit! We share your humour, too!

>but at the higher levels the deciding factor will be hours of practice.
How can you figure this, when in the last World Chess Championship, a 22 year old beat a 43 year old?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2013

post pubescent? IIRC that is when the dimorphic pattern emerges.

doesnt seem like an accurate representation of reality. Wouldnt surprise me if this is a bit doctored in the political correct culture of today

Aren't there several that **have** found a difference, at least in variance?

poor pajeet...

Small sample size.

>I don't believe it so the data must have been fabricated

I mean, I don't doubt that data are falsified all the time, but there isn't much of an incentive in this case. Maybe if this were a Swedish study but Romanians aren't exactly the most progressive people.

The age range for the study was ages 2-99.

What do IQ tests for 2-year-olds look like?

researchgate.net/publication/233669967_Snijders-Oomen_Nonverbal_Intelligence_Test_SONR_25-7_Manual_and_Research_Report

My goodness, the level of butthurt in this thread

fucking this
If SJWs can bully a Nobel Prize laureate out of his job, make an astronomy pioneer question cry because he had a triggering shirt and scream bullshit pseudosciences into campuses, I dont think a lot people dare to publish studies that show how people arent equal

SJWs don't believe in the validity of IQ tests in the first place

Pic related is what they teach in schools in Finland

>must have been fabricated
Just said I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to politically charged subjects. There is a lot of room to present things in a misleading way or to work in a bias without fabricating data at all.

Well, if this is for younger kids, I'm actually OK with this. I mean if they use this just to motivate young kids and to find talents and shit

it seems like its more often used to excuse being bad at something

And Finland is in top 5 or 10 according to OECD when it comes to math/reading/science.

And yeah terms like social smart or body smart are pretty valid.

That's fair, but what would it take for you to actually believe the research?

he doesn't need to

a 100 year old academic test is still shit whether there's a replacement or not

psychology is pseudoscience and IQ is the lowest of psychology

Really depends on how they do it.
But if someone is just shit at music (slow at learning instruments, cant hold a tune,...) but is doing great at math, I think it is actually valid to focus more on the talent and kind of accept not being good at music (everthing just to a certain degree of course)

OK, if that's your stance then that's fair. I just hope you don't make any claims like 'men are smarter' or 'blacks are dumber,' since by your own admission these claims are unstable.

Probably if it confirmed his bias

here isI take most studies with a grain of salt, until I looked more into them. There are just so many ways to manipulate the outcome, even without directly changing the data.

So being aware of confirmation bias makes me automatically victim to it? What bias do I even have?

Anti-female bias.

what?! Are you one of those people who blindly called people "sexist" for not liking a movie?
Just being sceptical, mate

No, I'm just saying that if you are selectively skeptical about research that shows that women are equal but not skeptical about research that shows that men are superior, and even more skeptical about research that shows that women are superior, then the direction of your bias is anti-female. That's just math, I'm not into politics.

>That's just math
It isnt. thats you making baseless assumptions or giggling behind your monitor because you are "trolling" me. i dont know

>selectively skeptical
I am not.
see
But of course this thread talks about a certain study, that was selected my OP and not me

OK, well then I guess if you would be equally skeptical of a paper that said men are more intelligent then that is fair.

Finland isn't in the top 10 anymore

Dont know why you assumed otherwise

Well meme'd my friend

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

take your westacuck self back to facebook

>They failed the intelligence test

get out of Veeky Forums if that triggers you

She literally has grey hair. Fuck off this is an anime discussion site anyway.

There's no politically correct culture in Romania - people just voted to specify legally that marriage is sacred union between women and man - and not a partnership between two individuals.

Women are generally treated in Romania as a sex tools, and they accept that reality - but they also receive complete freedom on the other hand.

why don't women practice then?

My guess would be they're not as competitive.

I think they are not preoccupied with this kind of "superior" activities..

Men and women are equally intelligent. The only reason people believe otherwise is because it's mostly men in power and power is confused with intelligence.

Same reason they don't practice to become the world video game champions.

>trumptard probably alt rightist
>considers IQ to be trash
Damn, you're confusing me man.

Those IQ tests are bullshit. They try to measure intelligence but its flawed with the concept of knoweledge. You have to know the knowledge up to that point. The problem is that all schools are not created equal. People can learn just some schools don't have resources to teach kids or some countries cannot afford schools. So you're still smart you just may not have the same level of sharpness when you were 10 because you're no longer in school for over eight hours a day.

Its number 2. Teh top ranked educational system in the world go to South Korea I believe. The finns just eliminated homework and got rid of the standardized test method of teaching.

Does that not fit your SJWtard profiling and namecalling shitposting agenda ?

>power is confused with intelligence.
You have figured it out. A lot of people cannot distinguish both concept as polar opposites of each other. Most power hungry people commit too many logical fallacies and response emotionally. It was a necessary thing back in the days when were hunting animals and being hunted by other hominids. But these days that traits can lead to disaster and manipulation by intelligent people.

>Men and women are equally intelligent
repeating it 50000 times won't magically prove it

That's what the scientific study is for m8.

;^)

Not that other guy, but the study in the OP is not the only one done on this subject.

>A large (n=15,000) Romanian study has found no difference in intelligence by gender, and no difference in variance either.
Hardly surprising; In the studies that DO show a difference, it's usually tiny. Plus, IQ tests in general are a mess, with things like culture massively influencing the results.

How does culture determine your pattern recognition skills? Good IQ tests remove any language involvement.

You're looking at very old studies if Finland is number 2.

And Finland hasn't banned homework or anything, that is just liberal propaganda.

If there are multiple intelligences how come all intelligence tests somehow have a strong positive correlation with each other? It's almost as if there was a common factor behind all of those. How come the predictive power of life outcomes that intelligence tests have seems to be higher the closer those tests are correlated to g factor? How came training for IQ tests can improve your IQ scores but not the g factor itself, so the more test is correlated to g factor, the less you can improve your results by training? How come IQ appears to be heritable exactly to the degree that g factor is? Those are very weird things.

>muh liberal propaganda

sure
Meanwhile in reality, we indeed have no classic homework for kids in schools

Men and women may have an equal intelligence but when it comes to spatial intelligence men have a significant higher average which would explain why most scientific discoveries and technological advances have been made by men

It's not just spatial intelligence. Males have a larger intelligence spectrum, which means there are more male retards and geniuses..

That's why they use more than one. To test for robustness.

>accurate representation of reality
Because you obviously have the best grasp of it?

this study literally says the opposite of that

What is classic homework?

That may be true for this Romanian study but most studies do find a variance in range.

That's not the opposite. The opposite would be men having lower variance than women.

yeah you're right

how did they pool the sample? did they get people from the same occupations and/or programs?

yes

Well iirc, stuff like "Do exercice 5 on page 23 in your textbook alone at home, I will check if you really have done it in 2 days"

It could be that males have an average of 6.5 times the amount of gray matter related to cognition.

to those people saying now that we have a study with a large sample size the differences diminish well other studies have larger sizes and find greater variance in males than females.
atavisionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Sex-differences-in-mental-test-scores-variability-and-numbers-of-high-scoring-individuals-1995-hedges-nowell.pdf
>although average sex differences have been generally small and stable over time, the test scores of males consistently have larger variance. Except in tests of reading comprehension, perceptual speed, and associative memory, males typically outnumber females substantially among high-scoring individuals.
>sample sizes: 73,425, 16,860, 11,914, 25,069, 24,599.

also there is someone from Illinois on the team, so the study isn't purely Romanian.

it's entirely possible they got older males and younger females too.

>Romanian
What was the average IQ in the study, like 75?

Dumbass

>15,000
That's like 0.00001% of the human population

Statistics is the science where 30 equals infinity.

Hilarious and original.

Now repeat this study in multiple areas with other ethnic groups.

Hillaryous and original

>SJW BTFO

This should always be the question. I can manipulate the crap out of a statistical study by dicking around with the sampling process. Not saying that happened with this study, but just saying.

The real intelligence test is believing and/or trusting Romanies.

let's see it be reproduced and replicated like female/male variations have been

things that make you go hmm...

>No, I'm just saying that if you are selectively skeptical about research that shows that women are equal but not skeptical about research that shows that men are superior

Oh? What study did OP post about men being shown to be more intelligent?

You've made a judgment with no evidence. You never had the chance to see how he responds to any such study, only this one.

Thanks for confirming your bias.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. We've detected that you've posted facts that have made other posters uncomfortable.

Your post has therefore been ignored.

Have a great day.

>Romanians
Next time do the study with real human beings

>reddit

I have no access to the article but I bet that it's not a random sample.
If it isn't --> into the trash it goes
While we're at it, how did they handle nonresponse? I bet they simply ignored it without further investigating it and/or re-weighing their data.
If that's the case --> into the trash it goes