Mashed potatoes with skins on or off?

Mashed potatoes with skins on or off?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/355906-are-potato-skins-healthy/
youtu.be/FEmxJoBLKws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

off

Off!!!.. With skin it's disgusting ...
potato skin has 0 nutrition values (but...muhh fibers!! blablabla..its not true.. It's just dirty poisenous crap.. peel your potatoes user)

with them on it gives it much better texture

on because I'm lazy and it's tasty

>better texture
If you want texture, sauted them, deep fry them, bake them... or add choped herbs, beacon, nuts, what ever to your mashed potatoes... but not mash them with the skin...

Dumbass

Honestly doesn't make a difference. As long as they're relatively smooth and don't have big chunks.

americans ruined this board

>poisenous

What "poisen" do the skins have exactly?

On, especially if theyre red potatoes

Enjoy your explosive diharea

On. The skin is where most of the fiber and a lot of vitamins & minerals like iron are found.
livestrong.com/article/355906-are-potato-skins-healthy/

If you've properly cooked, mashed, and seasoned the potatoes the skin will be tender and blend itself into the pot seamlessly.

>yuropoors obsessed about burgers ruined this board
FTFY

depends on the potatoes

Never tried it with skin, doubt it would do anything to the flavor. But hey, if the lazy-ones cant be bothered, good for them.

both! smashed with roasted garlic and bacon, maybe cheddar, or put through the ricer and blended with plenty of cream and butter, preferably piped and roasted!

>i've never tried it but i know all about it

fucking retard

You know fried/baked potato skins are a thing, right? If potato skins were really that bad people wouldn't fucking eat them.
I'm getting trolled, obviously, but this is for the folks who might not know.

Potato skins is good. Many fruits and veggies with their skin on is good for you. Of course, wash your produce thoroughly to ensure the proper removal of any pesticides.

Difficult to understand a sentence? I DOUBT anyone could help you, just dig a hole and take a dive.

i'll break it down for you because you're obviously retarded

>Never tried it with skin
= i've never tried it

>doubt it would do anything to the flavor
=but i know all about it

DUDE LET'S PUT BACON CHEESE AND CREAM ON EVERYTHING LMAO
Fucking disgusting Americans

Doubt=know all about it. Man, you're hilarious in all your stupidness.

>Americans
Nice meme.

I never peel potatoes. The nutritional value is mostly in the skin.

Itt.americans ok thx bye

Thank you for your additional information Mr Cheng Mao Wai

On
Damn now I want potatoes

But senpai, bacon, cheese and cream are based as fuck la

Skins off, obviously.

i know what doubt is, you stupid shitlord

maybe you should actually KNOW something before forming and spewing your stupid opinion on it

Are you still here?
You sound like you lost something precious to you.
Time to take a nap, kiddo.

With because I'm lazy, and like the texture/color it gives to the dish.

ya bud
sick burn
really showed me

Nothing to show really. I also don't steal candies from babies.
Now, I'm AM serious about you really should go to bed.

youtu.be/FEmxJoBLKws

>Never tried it with skin, doubt it would do anything to the flavor
m8, you should just have not posted this useless comment in the first place. you admit to having no idea about the topic, what more should i say? nothing you post is of any value to the thread. now fuck off

nah, i'd rather stay here and see if buddy can deliver more sick baby burns

You sure spend a lot of time and energy on a useless post. Got nothing better to do? Kinda sad.
I do know what potatoskin taste like, that doesn't mean I have to try it on mash.
I know, it's mind boggling. Try at least to understand.

You sound like a total fucking child. You don't HAVE to eat it I'd you do t want to, but then don't try to act like you know jack shit about the topic if you have no prior experience about it.

Skin on and left slightly lumpy. Much better texture that way.

So I can only have a meaning on something I experienced? I have a meaning on lots of things. Like wifebeating, never did it, but have an opinion.putting salt in a glass of milk, never did, but know I wouldn't like it.
Get the picture, kiddo?

i hope, for your sake, you're underage

Without. Skins don't taste good when they're heated in water, they're much better fried as their own thing.

He was right though and you've made yourself look a right stupid cunt

ok, samefag

Not him but your stubbornness is making you look even less intelligent each post.

lol, ok XD

>tries to call out a supposed samefag
>only quotes one post

New as fuck as well as stupid.

>he doesn't like salty milk

>samefag getting SO MAD right now

It's fine to have an opinion on one thing, but when you're trying to pass off an opinion in two opposing points and have no knowledge of the other, then your opinion becomes invalid.

well butter and cream are pretty classically French in pomme puree but thanks.

>not liking bacon and cheese in smashed potatoes
sometimes I put sauteed mushrooms and onions in it too. fuck you

It depends what you mean about knowledge. I have knowledge of said two opinions, not experienced them. Thus my opinions are valid.

i wish the mods would finally ban that idiot

>What "poisen" do the skins have exactly?

"Potatoes contain toxic compounds known as glycoalkaloids, of which the most prevalent are solanine and chaconine. Solanine is also found in other plants in the family Solanaceae, which includes such plants as the deadly nightshade (Atropa belladonna), henbane (Hyoscyamus niger), tobacco (Nicotiana), as well as eggplant and tomato.

These compounds, which protect the plant from its predators, are, in general, concentrated in its leaves, stems, sprouts, and fruits. In a summary of several studies, the glycoalkaloid content was highest in flowers and sprouts and lowest in the tuber flesh (in order from highest to lowest content, generally: flowers, sprouts, leaves, skin, roots, berries, peel [skin plus outer cortex of tuber flesh], stems, and tuber flesh).

amd nickels ...

Graphic board and pennys?

i'm making a shepherd pie today and i'm going to leave the skin on because the potatoes are clean and new

>shepherd pie
with sheep meat i hope....

>Graphic board and pennys?
newfriend?

>New shrieking new
Not surprising. It's pretty clear who he was talking about kiddo.

* and

Nah, i'll stick to my xb1 and 100 games.
Oh well, son. We got it.

t.

an english purist who can't come up with the word "mutton"

Modern varieties of potatoes contain so little of it, hurray for domestication

>pesticide

potatoes grow underground.

any type of potatoes or any dish

skins on