How do I make spaghetti taste better?

How do I make spaghetti taste better?

Like the actual spaghetti noodles?

The sauce it's pretty good. I use garlic, brown sugar, parsley, oregano and basil.

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A&ab_channel=GordonRamsay
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't buy boxed? make it yourself.

Salt the fucking water you boil the pasta in

Cook it al dente, use a thicker spaghetti noodle (spaghettoni), salt the water, serve it in a warmed bowl to keep it hot.

1tsp of salt for every serving of pasta
(use the hole in the middle of the spaghetti forkspoon thing to measure the noodles)

other than that idunno

>(use the hole in the middle of the spaghetti forkspoon thing to measure the noodles)
wot?

>Americans call Forkspoon Things "Spaghetti Forks"

how does the hole in the middle measure the noodles though?

I determine how many noodles I'm using with them dry and then toss in the right amount that way.

I'm assuming he uses the hole in the middle of the spaghetti spork by seeing how much bundled spaghetti can be put through the hole.

It's a nice idea but stupid in execution since not all spaghetti sporks have a singular hole of appropriate circumference for a proper portion size.

Okay, thanks. Just making sure I wasn't missing out on some awesome spaghetti technology. I'll keep doing it the old fashion way.

I put a stock cube in the water.

>not stock pot

are you cooking the spaghetti in the sauce post draining?

DECECCO
E
C
C
O

I get Barilla spaghetti and i put olive oil in the water and i also add salt.

I like my spaghetti plain with some butter rubbed all over it after it's cooked and drained. I skip the sauce. Just spaghetti and a little butter rubbed all over it. All over it.

I usually boil the water with veggies salt pepper and oil before adding any kind of pasta.

like cherry tomatoes for example.

be creative anonie-kun.

I love doing this. I like to add Parmesan cheese too.

I don't do that. I mostly just focus on rubbing the butter all over the spaghetti. I make sure every strand is covered with that butter. I work hard on it.

You could try adding things like tomatoes to the sauce so it doesn't taste like burned garlic and herbs.

Or (seriously) try making carbonara.

I usually go full metal gear and make a Moldavian-style vegetable sauce (parsley and tomatoes braised with root veggies, fuck yes) and toss yer skettis in that sauce with parmigiano-reggiano (not dust from a can). Works even better as a sauce for eggplant parmesan type dishes.

Well okay then

You could probably put broth in the water when boiling. Only put a little bit, though. Pasta shouldn't taste too much.
Olive oil afterwards also adds taste (of olive oil).

I remember Mario Batali saying that the water for the pasta should be as salty as the Dead Sea.

No, he said it should have the same salinity as the oceans not the Dead Sea. That would be pure disgusting if it was as salty as the dead sea

I cook my pasta noodles in salty vegetable broth instead of just water or salty water, until just under al-dente, then toss it into the sauce and simmer the sauce until the noodles are done.

if i'm not mistaken, Gordon Ramsay throws salt and olive oil into the water.

youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A&ab_channel=GordonRamsay

>1tsp of salt per serving
You could cook 2 servings of spaghetti in as little as 700ml or as much as a gallon of water though.

A lot of salt and then add butter after its drained.

your mistake is probably in the saucing of the pasta, for that add the pasta to the boilng sauce, add pasta water, a knob of butter, a tbsp oliveoil and some grated cheese with heat on high stirring the entire time, add more pastawater if needed.

if its about the noodles themselves a neat trick is to boil them with a piece of ginger in addition to the salt, then when still significantly under, drain and spread on parchment paper, finish in preheated oven.

but yeah,saucing is where your problem is

all that done in a large pan btw, i use nonstick, and dont go overboard with sauce, it shouldnt be a soup in the end

Tomato sauce,
parmesan on top,
extra virgin olive oil to be added last
Wa La

Thanks for the correction.

Start by not being delusional and accept the fact that the sauce is shit, not the pasta.

switch to a tube pasta instead of a string
heavily salt the water to impart flavor to the pasta

if you really want the sauce to stick, you can put it back on the heat with a dick of butter and some sauce and stir (30~45 seconds or you might overcook it)