Which country has the plebbiest literature and why is it the USA?

Which country has the plebbiest literature and why is it the USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that your opinions are immediately discarded unless your country has a minimum of TWO (2) books in the meme trilogy.

someone repost the meme trilogy graphic, I forgot to save it last time

American lit is a joke

From where to you hail?

america

Russia.

American lit is no joke.

it's more of a jest, really, that doesn't end.

Russian lit is good, but depressing. At least American lit has a glimmer of hope in it.

explain what makes literature pleb

Even their poets are pleb

>Poe
>Whitman
>Frost
>Plath

All entry-level as fuck. No wonder Eliot and Pound fled to Europe.

>>(insert country you feel inferior to) lit is joke

When will this meme end?

Just judge each book/author/playwright as they come and stop trying to lump everybody into large demographics because you're not intelligent enough to think critically about them as individuals.

Fuck Veeky Forums and /pol/ are two sides of the same retarded coin.

Non-american literature = Coke
American Literature = Diet Coke

We will when the entirety of the USA stop doing that too.

Poe has some of the most musical rhythms ever
>haven't gotten into Whitman
Frost is basically the gold standard for good and accessible poetry
Plath's use of semi-biblical imagery to portray as violent images as she does is amazing, and her poetry is undeniably important with Daddy being one of the most well-crafted poems ever.

You know what else is accessible? The Fault in Our Stars.

Gentle reminder that American literature has been the most innovative, influential, mature, and challenging national literature since 1945. Anybody who questions this can only be doing so out of resentment for their cultural subservience to the United States, because it is virtually impossible for somebody even vaguely familiar with trends in contemporary literature to deny American supremacy. See also: cinema, pop music, television

I'm well aware of the fact that accessibility is unrelated to quality.

You just hate us 'cause you ain't us.

American literature is probably the best. People who say otherwise are probably the types who just regurgitate the "Shakespeare was a great writer" may-may.

He really isn't compared to the best works released since, but it sounds all 'fancy' and 'cultured' to mush minded teenage pseudo-intellectuals, so they continue to spout this shit.

>b-b-ut I don't care about shakespeare. it's the others!

Same idea. Really the best book ever released was Ender's Game, or maybe The Gunslinger by Stephen King

>hahahaha oh man check out this pleb

which is exactly how your professors/essays you lapped up online conditioned you to think. Good job on being a good robot.

It seems to me that the way these plebtards think is that if they naturally enjoy a book, but it contains the non-approved styles or tones or prose or types of story progression, then they have to regard it as pleb-tier.

I'm here to liberate you, and tell you that those books you naturally enjoy the most?

Those are the best books of them all.

not to pretentious insecure retards. they have no sense of what makes something good, so their only guide is to judge quality based on what's popular and what the academic types are saying.

Yeah, well, that's just cuz the Jews run the world.

are you agreeing with me or calling me retarded?

>nothing can reach me through my impenetrable shield of self-awareness
Sender's game was shit and you should feel like shit.
Gunslinger was enjoyable, but I don't recall anyone measuring artistic merit or profundity on a scale of "enjoyability"

The US can't compete, they only have John Green and Dan Brown. But us Europeans have Shakespeare, Plutarch, Cervantes, Plato, Aristotle, Aristophanes, Tolstoy, Sappho, Virgil, The Bible, Cicero, Beno, Beowulf, Chaucer, Proust, Joyce, Homer, Alighieri, Flaubert, Nabokov, Vico, Carroll, etc just to name a couple.

I would say Canada. I'm Canadian.

>the Bible
>European
you're gonna have to give credit to Asia and Africa as well my guy

Coke = American
Diet Coke = American
would you look at that

based juden is based
The Torah was created by us jews you filthy animal

>accessibility is unrelated to quality
●⌧⍓ ⍓□□□⧫ ⌘□ ⬥⬧ ⧫ ⧫ ⬧□■ □ ⍓□□ ●□⧫ ⌘□ ●■ □⬥■ ⬥●● &■□⬥■ ■ □◆ ⬧⧫⧫ ■ ⬧ □⬥■ ⍓ ■ ⬧⧫●● □■ ◆⬧ □⬥■ ⧫□ ⬧ ●□□⍓ ■ ⧫ ⧫ ⬥ ◻◻■ ⧫⧫■ ⍓⬧ □ ■ ⬥ ⬧●● ⬧ ■ ⧫⬧ ◻□◻ ◻●
Here's a line from a great Russian novel transliterated into wingdings. Are you having trouble accessing it? Do you enjoy it as much as you otherwise might have?

>Nabokov
As American as April In Arizona.

>lxy yooot zo ws t t son o yoo lot zo ln own wll jnown n ou stt n s own y n stll on us own to s looy n t t w ppn ttn ys o n w sll s n ts pop p

biggest b8 on this board at the moment.

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

>why is it the USA?
have you ever read Australian or Canadian lit?

Did Steve Irwin ever write a book?

The US can't compete, they only have Henry Green and Dante. But us Europeans have Bunyan, Pynchon, Gaddis, Faulkner, DeLillo, Tolstoy, Sun Ra, and Jesus, just to name a couple.

>bukowski
>ginsberg

>pleb

>and why is it the USA?

You had the answer just yesterday 4th of July. Just a bunch of delusional retards who don't know anything about themselves or the ground they're standing on.

>all these butthurt Yuros pretending their countries are still relevant
You're on an American forum that overwhelmingly discusses American literature. You listen to American music, watch American television, and eat American food all quite regularly. Your news stations cover our elections, but we sure as hell don't care about yours. In all likelihood, your country has been invaded by America or by a sponsored ally. It's an American world, baby, you just live in it.

Korean lit is definitely plebbier than American, so hypothesis disproved. Try to make less sweeping statements next time.

Fellow American rates this 10/10

South Sudan I wager.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

>translation

Was the Cyrillic too hard for you, my Kulak friend?

kek. nice trip-dub

>non American comes to lit
>Can't find anything new from his country.
>It's all America.
>The great writers of the past are talked about often, and they come from every corner of the earth
>But there isn't a new writer from non Americans country
>If there's not any great writers in my country, how could I become one?
>Sniffles, then actually cries a high pitched whine that is cut short with each mumbled complaint about the unfairness of the world.
>y R Americans such plebs Also why doesn't anyone respekt mi?

>Muh "fallacies"

Just because people use projections incorrectly doesn't mean they cant be used.

They are supposed to be silly shorts mocking their target, especially when the target has been outright negative.

I'm not really impressed that you've managed and value your internet culture so deeply that you have the projection image on retainer.

Yeah, keep going, this is really going to make mom and dad proud.

hello goato

hello goato

hello goato

hello goato

hello goato

Finnegans Wake counts as infinite books tho so póg mo thóin

Yeah but what have you done for me lately

This is the truth. American lack of a lasting culture reflects on every aspect of their "artists". That's why they have shit like Andy Warhol or postmodern """literature""".

>American forum
Based on a japanese imageboard run by a japanese and populated by people around the world. The only thing American about it is the location of the server (if it isn't moved to a cheaper country to avoid taxes)

>overwhelmingly discusses American literature
Mostly the Americans here.

>You listen to American music
I don't

>Watch American television
I don't watch TV

>eat American food
Why would I do that

fuck off yank

hello goato

This. Americans have been brainwashed into thinking they are the only thing that matters in the world.

hello goato
>I don't
Keep telling yourself that kiddo, even if such a thing were possible then your favorite bands/movies/shows are probably all influenced by American media.

I don't listen to bands, you kid. I listen to composers.

>calls me a kid
>doesn't listen to jazz
Putting "classical" into Spotify when you're studying doesn't make you some kind of patrician, son

The Beatles

this pure fact just makes even more enthusiastic about witnessing the inevitable eventual death of america and amerifats

Jazz is reddit: the music genre.
Something for stupid people who believe themselves to be intelligent and cultured to consume and remain in their bubble of alleged intelligence and culture

(You)

>Sgt. peppers was inspired by The Beach Boys

Try again, friend :^)

The only thing I've seen on here is butt hurt Europoors.

American literature is weak and nothing you say will change that.

Cry more.

>have you ever read Australian or Canadian lit?

Of course not. Everyone knows Australians and Canadians are illiterate.

>implying o'reilly is not patrician

hello goato

>>No supporting argument
>>Not giving an example from your own country
>>Claiming "nothing you say will change that" to avoid actually making an argument

Isn't it about time you clean up your wife after Achmed and his buds?

>>Talking shit about other countries but not claiming your own

If this is going to become an /int/ shit storm at least own up to where you are from and what you're comparing X literature to.

Oh so you're not even going to claim your own country, just the whole of Europe?

I didn't shit talk anyone. tf are you talking about

I laugh when they say "If America sucks so much, why does everyone want to immigrate here?" Like no other country has immigration. Like almost anywhere isn't better than living in Mexico.

Man, you irrelevant countries sure are salty.

Sorry I was just grabbing posts, I probably included a few that weren't talkin shit but mentioned something that caught my eye.

Which was your post?

American literature isn't anywhere near as prestigious as British or French literature but saying it's the "plebbiest" is ridiculous. Grow up.

America has Melville, who is probably the greatest post-Shakesperean writer. That's all it needs to prove it's based.

It also has Faulkner, O'Connor, Wolfe, Pynchon, Gass, Gaddis, etc. etc. etc.

In short, OP is a faggot.

>O'Connor, Wolfe, Pynchon, Gass, Gaddis
Not a single one of these author is relevant outside of the US

>O'Connor is not relevant outside of the US

Well that's your loss.

>delusional americucks

Have fun with your anti-American circle jerk.

I'm going to go enjoy our top tier lit, shoot some guns, not be invaded by sharia, know that there is no possible way a foreign force could invade us, and say whatever the fuck I want to whomever I want.

>know that there is no possible way a foreign force could invade us

Hola amigo, ¿hacen unos taquitos wei?

Illegals =/= organized foreign force.
Also both Trump and Clinton are against illegal immigration (Then again what Clinton stands for is different for each audience)

And if you're legal WELCOME PATRIOT

>not be invaded by sharia
England is literally the only place where this is happening.

Germany
Sweden
France
Italy
etc.

What does this have to do with Sharia law ?

Quality post