What was Veeky Forums like during high school? Were you the patrician valedictorian, or maybe a degenerate dropout...

What was Veeky Forums like during high school? Were you the patrician valedictorian, or maybe a degenerate dropout? Did you have an interest in literature, or did that only come later in life?

I was an edgy neckbeard who went out of his way to criticize the Bush administration in social studies class whenever possible. I had long, greasy hair, wore punk/metal band t-shirts every day, and am pretty sure many of my classmates suspected me of being a potential school shooter. In terms of literature I read lots of Lovecraft and other classic horror, beat poetry, and comic books. I wasn't at the top of my class or anything, but I did well enough be an ap student and receive praise from my English and social studies teachers.

What about you???

I was the friendless loser girl, "good girl"/teacher's pet stereotype who spent all time in the library during lunch rather than in the cafeteria, hoping a qt boy would approach me because of my patrician taste in literature (which never happened, of course). I just wanted to find my Sartre and be someone's Castor.

I was the quiet loser that a bunch of people thought was mysterious or deep since I was also relatively attractive.

>that a bunch of people thought was mysterious or deep

Would you like to be my girlfriend?

Friendless dancing boy who hated everyone because they were smarter on mathematics. I didn't read at all, all I did was dance my entire high school. What I enjoyed the most is that the shitheads that used to mock me because they thought I was dumb couldn't step up to me in physics. They were methodics retards like the teachers while I was actually understanding

STEM/debate salutatorian. Slightly weird/fat but still moderately popular with plenty of friends. Literature came later.

class rabble rouser, yearbook editor who trolled the entire school when my captions forced the administration to recall every single yearbook after complaints from parents who felt i made racist and misogynist comments. i also designed a graphic on the front cover that had three white hooded klux members disguised as flames.
> i was a little shit insomma.

You sound like my girlfriend if she never discovered lit

I don't know, what's your favorite book?

I read but maybe like 5 books a year, never occured to me to pursue reading the way I do now because my parents are blue collar plebs and wanted me to go to the Army or trade school. I had to develop an appetite for literature on my own.

But I used to steal those mass market hardcovers that the school would give out to English classes, so I read a lot of Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Ginsberg poetry, comics here and there, Dean Koontz (lol) and listened to Bob Dylan. I came off as a hipster because I looked disheveled because my dad was poor and slept through a lot of my classes and I was the only person I knew who read for leisure. Also I hung out with the skater kids and played vidya, had several gfs and had a fairly consistent amount of sex. Normies and niggers never really bothered me cause I bought weed off of them.

High school wasnt as bad for me as it seemed to have been for most people who browse this board.

Wait what
But I have discovered lit too

maybe you're not as literate as you thought, chickie-poo

Well I think nothing anymore. Reality hit me long ago

I was the kid born into the world with a mean mug that didn't fade until I got laid at 17. Extremely insecure, timid, self-loathing all the way until senior year of high school. In 7th grade my football coach told me half jokingly that if anyone was to ever shoot up the school he'd bet top dollar that it'd be me. The very next year I get kicked out for threatening to shoot up the school to my female friend. Distraught that everyone knew it was me, I skipped school all the time in high school out of fear of confrontation. Didn't end up getting in trouble because I was a good, well behaved student and showed sincere regret (and the judge's son was in my grade at my school as well).
9-11th, outcasted, quit football after 10th grade (played my whole life prior to that -- was too lazy and wimpy to go to the gym every day with the others). Stayed friends with a lot of those kids, best friend became a drug dealer and got caught, other best friend became a much better drug dealer and got me into tons of parties and doin psychedelics and smoking weed every day.
Trip on research chemicals (knowingly), have a seizure and almost die, proceed to quit doing drugs. Brief period of severe loneliness, then somehow rekindle a middle school friendship with a kid a another school who is like some weird cross between Thoreau and Chris McCandless, but without any cynicism whatsoever.
Survive high school. Move to the other side of the US to live with strangers and start a new life.

I was an alt cool kid. wasn't the athletic cool kids. we were the skateboard kids, get high before anyone else, party before anyone else kids. we were the kids the athletic kids wished they could be, but they couldn't give up the athlete dream. we would sometimes invite them to get high or party and they would have have a blast. we converted the athlete of the year into one of us. we spent a lot of time skating out front of the school. girls would sit on the curb and watch us. we would play hacky sack with them. we would make fun of the Gothic kids and the weird smoker kids. everyone liked us but we were always mentioned alongside weed lol. for some reason the teachers respected us. I guess they saw skating as something positive. we didn't get good grades but we didn't fail. just floated on by. I would usually also hang with the hardcore gamer kids a fair bit. the kids other kids called game nerds. we would play street fighter and mortal Combat. good times.

I was also this. Played a lot of vidya back then, stopped in my senior year. Read a lot and generally seemed smart in my classes (but I was scraping by). It's because I'm very pretty. Really I was a mostly friendless loser, but as I started making my friends in my senior year they all started asking me why I seemed so mysterious and like what I did in my spare time... When you are pretty people care more about you it seems, I think the privilege concept is stupid, but if there is one I believe in it's "pretty privilege". I can't believe they thought I was "deep" or "mysterious". I had to explain to them that I got really fucked up on numerous different drugs and browse Veeky Forums in my spare time. Absolutely humiliating.

>was Veeky Forums like during high school
>was

smart loner

Are you Katielovesclassicbooks? Did you get disillusioned/traumatized from our visit to your youtube channel so you decided to come hear and feed the beast that killed you?

i had 2 friends irl and spent most of senior year drinking/smoking at school and reading intentionally fuck off big books (IJ, east of eden, gone with the wind, house of leaves)

surprisingly i did pretty well in hs and now i'm at a global top 40 school

The weird, frightening one who everyone thought would shoot up the school. I dressed in multicolor quilted skirts and wore floor-length oversized housecoats, wore my hair purposefully messy, always walked on my toes and avoided shoes as often as I could. I had my glasses chewed off on the ends so they were sharp, meowed at people, sat directly on the floor instead of in chairs, etc. In general, pretty cringe-y. I was in all honors classes and graduated third in the class.

I was in the library all the time, though it didn't have much literature. I still tried to read all the way through the stacks, only got about a third through before graduating. Because they didn't have manga, I also bought a ton of that and would loan it to the ~6 anime nerds at my school (this was early 2000s in a rural area, anime was not popular).

I was brilliant but had few friends. Not because I was a loser or anything, more that I struggled to connect with people because nobody shared my interests, so it was better to just read books and watch films. I would also sometimes get really drunk at parties and be either hilarious or alienating and confrontational, couldn't really control which

I was in the magnet section of the school so it was rightly assumed that we were all awkward dorks. I was the guy who slept through all his classes but managed to somehow get As and piss off the people who really tried, and it makes me feel a bit guilty now to be honest.
I read stuff my older brother introduced me to, especially Vonnegut and Heller, so more entry-level lit than trash. I didn't read nearly as much as I do now. I started running cross country as a sophomore which helped me deal with my depression, made me a lot healthier, and gave me some solid friends. That was among the best decisions I've ever made.
I was the tall guy with pretty eyes that was acquaintances with everyone but only had a couple real friends. Insecurity and depression kept me from talking to girls for the most part until after I graduated.

I will not answer this

classic weeb faggot

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

your the kind of kid we made fun of. did you smoke fag?

Hold the goddamn phone
It can't be

My favorite book is You Can't Go Home Again by Thomas Wolfe.

What is your favorite book?

I've never done any drugs, though my family are all drug addicts.

I was definitely made fun of, but I tended to embrace it. If they weren't impressed enough by how strange I was, I'd usually eat something off the ground for them. It was mostly the black girls who did anything physical though (I cut my long hair off after being slammed around with it too much).

Do you guys keep documents on your computers of all the copypasta you like to copy and pasta?

I got the best grades but that's not impressive because I went to a normal school. I was just a low-middle popularity person until everyone became normie/ more social in the final year (the final year was also given a common room) and I became a lot more avoidant. I stayed in contact with no one.

I hope this is bait.

Katie no!

We love you! Please be innocent again!

why do you say that

Can I get in on this relationship? My favorite book is The Story of the Eye ;)

Pr

Dark Katie...

The prophecies were true.

Crime and Punishment, probably. But I like Wolfe though

prepare to die bitch

>can't even spell Kombat

fucking poser

slacked off
drank, smoked, toked
Got into reading young, but got real Veeky Forums my junior year
took a couple years to be an LDS missionary, then got back into lit

yeah I wasn't a gamer nerd man lool

Didn't go

top kek

now I have cash money and a house with no mortgage

suck it goyim

i was a 'degenerate', but straight As. i read a lot. i didn't talk too much, just smoked weed with friends and tried to get laid. played halo a lot too

GUYS! KATIE IS STARTING WITH THE GREEKS! THIS IS REALLY HER! SHE HAS COME HOME

>took a couple years to be an LDS missionary
That sounds interesting
Describe the mormon missionary life from the perspective of a Veeky Forums poster

Dubs confirm

I was real, real depressed, and orbited my artsy girlfriend at the time, who was also real, real depressed

Robotics, Book Club, and Quizbowl team captain, who was in a group of friends that comprised the top 20 kids in the school. I goofed around a lot, always had a book on me, and ditched class to work on robots.

Someone cap this

I enjoyed Crime and Punishment and Dostoevsky's other work. Would you still consider being my girlfriend?

it's obviously not her

Yes but I have a penis

no bully

I'm not a gay guy, btw. Rereading, I guess I didn't make that clear. The skirts were gender-appropriate at least, if still distracting.

fucking kek

Whatever you say, Katie.

I was the one with huge potential but who was too depressed (lazy pothead tbqhwyl) to do anything since tfw gf. Played guitar and hang out a little with everyone but didnt really belong anywhere.
Never did any sports because i never liked them and so i sucked at them.
Made out with girls from time to time at parties, but didnt get laid until after graduation.
Shit grades but didnt fail a single year because shit was easy, used to get better grades that kids who actually studied sometimes.
I always liked reading a good book, always did great in those tests and was the best at philosophy while others failed miserably.
But wasnt much into reading until recently, mainly because i dont have any friends to play/make music with, and with college on my ass i dont really have time to get into some scene or whatever.
So basically i was the typical autistic beta.
Now i spend most of my time thinking about killing myself.
Wish i could live a simple life like those who did great in STEM but shit at philosophy.

wasn't using faggot in the homosexual sense. I was using it in the 'Jesus fuck you're a faggot' sense

I was a left-communist who got suspended a lot for trying to fuck with the administration/certain clubs, was well liked, had decent (85%+) grades, and the admiration of my social science & history teachers

Not much has changed since then

Get a fucking job

Yes, let's do it. Just know I'm also .
Do you still want to be my bf?

Sure but I don't have a penis.

Yes I do. Are you masochistic, sexually speaking?

I've got better. I dress normally and don't have awkward verbal tics anymore, at least.

Despite whatever eccentricities I had in high school, I'm still doing better in life than almost all of them. Most of the girls who hit me are in prison for drugs, or living as poverty-ridden single mothers.

I have huge hairy man-tits is that ok? You could pretend its muscles

I dont want to clean toilets familia

I was cringy and autistic, like I am now. I didn't read, I mostly played video games.

My english teacher was a conspiracy theorist and right-wing philosopher. He made us read Ayn Rand, Asher Lev, and Catcher in the rye/one flew over the cuckoo's nest. He was a Christian and he would use the "if god isn't real where would we get our morals from" and I was growing out of religion, so he would constantly try to argue with me in class over good vs evil, meaning of life, agnosticism and stuff like that.

High school really doesn't matter. I don't do social networks and only keep in touch with one person from that whole school.

I only started getting into books after I realized that chasing girls, money, and popularity is a very hollow existence.

Dazeet mane blacko's gonna black

>loner but attractive
>smart but didn't try

Do you realize how delusional you guys sound

>chasing girls, money, and popularity is something I'm unable to achieve so I reduce cognitive dissonance by labeling it as hollow

ftfy

Yeah

lol it's like the beta anime cuck's ultimate fantasy protagonist, not believable in the slightest

Sure, but post pics

We'll work it out

Yeah, but not submissive so none of this theatrical 50 shades shit. I just want a gentle lover who'll punch me in the stomach occasionally. Is that really too much to ask for, universe?

Honestly though, most of the school is either in poverty or prison anyway, regardless of their bullying status or skin color.

Rural schools are hellholes of misery. I was looking at properties in my hometown, and the enormous Methodist church I went to for years is for sale for $160,000. That's the price of a shitty 2 bedroom home where I live now. I could buy the whole church and all the buildings with it.

Then go back to Mexico you dirty scumbag.

no. I have a girlfriend. Popularity is a high school meme. Money doesn't do much, but projecting and being passive aggressive doesn't do much either.

I was the popular jock who fucked all the hot and cheerleader pussy. Fuck yeah, it was amazing.

My school didn't even have those people...

I wish i was in the states
Or at least mexico

I was actually both of those things, and many more taboot. In fact my life overall consists of a series of contradictory statements. I possess, for a example, a larger-than-average and very handsome penis and also a great deal of sexual stamina, though I am also a virgin. I am attractive but have never had a girlfriend. I am intelligent but achieved mediocre grades at an obscure college. My writing is profound, articulate and highly entertaining though my only published writing to-date is reserved to shitposting on Veeky Forums. I am a racist but love music by black musicians and identify more with the resentful burn-it-down mentality of the Afro-Caribbean population than I do with the staid-and-reliable mentality of most Whites. I have the potential to be a leader of men but instead I work in a job which demands my meek subservience. So many elements of my personality consist only of contradiction, and it is therein my genius and appeal doth lye.

dude. SERIOUSLY DO THAT. How fucking incredible would it be to live in a church, it's like one enormous open-concept, ornate-as-fuck room. Most churches have small kitchens and stuff for christening after parties too so you're set

saved, thanks.

pic-related, me and my evil clone

this

I was pleb-tier in the literary sense. Began cracking spines on the good shit by late high school. I was in a strange limbo where I could go to-and-from different groups of people decently welcomed but didn't stick. School I attended was semi-prominent in theater which landed me on stage a few times, occasionally backstage and as a semi-autonomous assistant director and co-writer too. Had a plebeian literature romance. A lass three years younger than myself; her literary interests into Shakespeare and Vonnegut.
The musical was what brought us closer. In comparison to my performing arts peers I was mediocre. Against her I was a dwindling star drawing its last breath. Something about her audition left the more established actors in awe and I wanted to know more about the person behind the role.
We were sucking faces and interrupting rehearsals before long. Still pulled off a tremendous performance. As the star, she had her own change room which we fucked in. After meeting her folks, I came to see where her literary interest came from. Her father, Mark, was genuine Veeky Forums. If I tried to talk, I’d often feel out my depths.
After two years; a bubble, a boil, and then shoving my head in the pot. Went our separate ways because she began falling for someone else and squeezing me out the picture frame. I was in university, a course I hated (computer science) because I wanted to bring substantially more to the table than just bread. Drank the degree away and picked up construction work. Along the way I’ve fucked two of her former (because of me) friends. One I’m still seeing and I earnestly believe I’ve moved on. Surely I have.

I'm a bit attractive or average looking I guess but I never talked to girls. Some girls came to me though and I refused them all which is my biggest regret. A couple girls were trying to get me to touch their butts, like they'd bend over in front of me and other times asked if their butt was big enough. These were the type of girls I thought were way out of my league too. Honestly, I don't regret those girls that did the slutty crap but I regret a single girl who was kind, attractive, not slutty, intelligent. Now I got fat, stopped weightlifting and girls aren't as attracted to me.

Katie-Chan....

Yes, I have 10 variations of the navy seal pasta on my desktop.

>Began cracking spines on the good shit by late high school.

Stopped reading there. I bet you wear paisley shirts.

I was fat, smart, and funny, sorta like Jonah Hill but with scholarships and no fame. Was a total pleb until university, mostly because my parents and friends were all smalltown know-nothings so I didn't really have any exposure until I got to college and took english courses that taught me more than Lord of the Flies and Catcher in the Rye. Still trying to make up ground for my early plebhood, but I have the advantage of being blessed with a wicked-smaht brain. Also not so fat anymore which is swell

Does anybody have the pooping copypasta, or the Dixie Kong one? Had them on my computer but I cant find the text document

>I bet you wear paisley shirts.
Is this an insult? What is this?

I'm going to kill myself today. A lot.

nah dude don't do that killing yourself sucks. Why you gon have a suicide bruh?

>Daily Schedule
Wake up at 6:30
Work out for 30 minutes
Get ready for the day
Personal study at 8 - reading the Book of Mormon, the Bible, other scriptures, and some /mormonlit/ - books written by some leaders of the Church, including the "infitine jest" of mormonism - Jesus the Christ by
James E Talmage
Companionship Study at 9 - plan for lessons of the day, practice teaching, etc.
Start proselyting for the day - 10
knock doors, talk to people in the street, service, teach people.

Take an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner. Dinner needed to be done by 6.

Need to be in at 9, or 9:30 if teaching a lesson. Then plan for half an hour, and then get ready for bed and go to bed at 10:30

>Weekly Schedule
Monday is Preparation Day - 10 to 6 is free time. Email family, play sports, shop, hang out, do laundry. This is the only time to email or shop or do laundry.

Tuesday is District Meeting - 10-11 a meeting where a district leader trains on how to be a better missionary. Leadership will be explained

Thursday is Planning Day - 10-2 you plan lessons and proselyting activities for the next week.

Sunday is Church - a 3 hour block, with 1-2 hours of meetings before or after the block. Includes a meeting with the congregation leaders and a separate meeting with the local missionary leader.

>Monthly Schedule
District Meeting every week, but the first Wednesday of the month has a Zone Meeting, which has precedent (no District Meeting). The third or fourth week might have a larger meeting in accordance to district meeting - a three-month rotation of Interviews with the Mission President, Zone Conference, and Mission Conferences.

Every 6 weeks is a transfer, where there is the possibility to change 1) location, or 2) companion. Generally most missionaries are with a companion for 2 transfers, and in an area for 4 transfers.

>Leadership
A missionary has a companion. One of them is the Senior Companion, meaning the leader of the two, but they work together. They have an 'area', a set geographic area in which they teach people who live there. Always in accordance to a local congregation.

A group of 3-5 companionships makes a district. One male missionary leader is chosen as a district leader. They help teach missionaries in their district.

3-5 districts make a Zone, and one male companionship have the role on Zone Leaders. They have the same role as district leaders - training missionaries.

A mission will have anywhere from 4-12 zones, depending on how many missionaries they have.

A mission has a President, generally from another place, and he has 2 counselors from the local area. He also chooses 2 missionaries to be assistants and help train missionaries.
A Mission President will have a meeting every month with every Zone Leader, helping them send news and trainings from the Mission President to every missionary.

I aspire towards your organization.

Cont.

Every Missionary works with Key Indicators of Conversion, focused towards converting people to the Church. Missionaries will set goals according to the following:

Investigators Baptized
Investigators with a Baptismal Date
Investigators who came to Church
Lessons Taught with a Member Present
*Referrals Recieved/Contacted
Other Lessons
New Investigators
*Less-Active Lessons

Each of the indicators (except for Less-Active Lessons/Referrals) should lead to the one above them. As you find a new investigator (someone interested in the Church), you'll teach them, eventually with a member from the congregation, and hopefully they start coming to Church, and once they do that, ideally they feel the want to be baptized.

Feel free to ask questions. AMA desu senpai

sounds so shitty
but not as shitty as doing all this because of a bible fanfic some fraudster wrote