Is it feasible to make baby food at home...

Is it feasible to make baby food at home? Is there really a bunch of nutrition additives in commercial baby food that they absolutely NEED or is pureed shit good enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=make baby food at home
journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Abstract/2008/05000/Development_of_taste_and_food_preferences_in.20.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Put baby mouth on mommy tit
5-star level baby food cookery.

When toddler, give steak. If toddling tornado eats, it is grown enough to leave the tit.

stick to breastfeeding friend
otherwise avoid fructose, sucrose, and lactose, since babies cant digest that shit

>babies can't digest lactose
No milk then?
Cretin.

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=make baby food at home

breastmilk doesn't have lactose, should have been obvious shitposter-kun

creatine wouldn't be good for babies either

Are you retarded?

Nigga wut

Do you crazy nutjobs think that babies only breastfeed until they're toddlers? Fuck....
Babies start getting teeth around 3 months. Yes, you keep breastfeeding, but you also start feeding them very simple foods, like finely ground rice cereal, pureed vegetables and fruits. Unless you're trying to raise a stunted manlet. I have a guide around here somewhere, from a make-your-own baby food book my mother gave me when we had our child. But, it'll have to wait until I get back from my morning run, so I'll post again in a little bit.

Breastfeeding mom and nurse reporting in. You're all fucking retarded.

Babies can subsist off breastmilk/formula entirely for about six months - Then they have increased need for iron and other nutrients.

Skip rice cereal for ground oatmeal. It has more nutrients. No honey or nuts. Make sure they are getting enough fruit and veg to maintain healthy bowels.

Making baby food is a big fucking waste of time. I work 50-60 hours a week. Feed soft adult foods and buy organic purees.

That's at six months, who the fuck wants to feed their kid cereal at 3 months. Babies are recommended to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months THEN you can start with simple vegetables then fruits, cereals aren't necessary unless you want an obese baby.

yes it does

>six months
So all those doctors were wrong, I guess. Because 2 twats on Veeky Forums know more than doctors.

>Babies can subsist off breastmilk/formula entirely for about six months

what's wrong here?

They CAN subsist, yes, but food given to them as early as two months is absolutely instrumental to developing their taste preferences.
If you don't want to end up with a picky eater, let them eat early.

Medfag here, it's recommended that babies are exclusively breastfed until their 6th month under the WHO guidelines.

It's the optimal way for feeding them. Once they start teething at 6 months, introduce to them other forms of easily digestible food.

wew

no

>source : my ass

Literally yes
journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Abstract/2008/05000/Development_of_taste_and_food_preferences_in.20.aspx

literally that doesn't say anything to back up your claim

It says during weening and to a lesser extent pre-weening.

Pureed shit is good enough.

Gerber foods hasnt been around until recently and hundreds of millions of people dont even use it today

Fucking christ.

Yes OP, they sell a baby bullet food processing machine specifically for you to make your own baby food. It is healthier.

Do not listen to these niggers or slutty breastfeeding nurse wannabes about nutrition,
This kills the baby.

Father here.

We kept giving my kid nibbles of all kinds of things once he was able to sit upright by himself.

He is three now and all the other parents are jelous of how easy it is to feed him a nice meal when their kids are chicken nuggets and fries 24/7.

Obviously you only give them things they can handle at their age.

Huh, I stand corrected. Maybe real-world practice differs from medschool guidelines, although since I don't have children of my own, I can't really say.

I'll keep your approach in mind from now on, thanks!

Obviously the factors go well beyond that. Medical guidlines have to be balanced between best practices and covering your legal bases.

You cant tell ledasha thay her 4 month old could benifit from sampling a little spoon od mashed potatos because she will go and exclusively feed that kid ready mix mashed potato powder.

Medical guidlines are a good basis because they are also based on known factors but it is just for an intelligent person to realise that to live is to be a little bit flexible.

A lot of food items we used to consume in the 80's are labeled as terrible for consumption these days and look at how many people who lived through and were born in that decade are alive and healthy.

This.

We did pretty much the same with our son, started feeding him nibbles of easily digestible foods as soon as he could sit upright and was actually hungry for more than just breastmilk.
There's no solid reason to exclusively feed your kid breastmilk until six months, unless you're dirt poor and can't afford to feed your child. My son is a tall, strapping kid now, whip smart, and is not a picky eater in the least. He'll try anything at least once or twice before deciding whether he likes it or not, and there's not much he doesn't like. He never ordered off the kid's menus in restaurants, he ate the same food as adults.

>hungry for more than breast milk

You reminded me, that was another factor. You could tell that he was HONGRY

Med-school kids tend to loose a certain conncetion with reality during their studies. Which dont worry, you'll regain later on.

We have 3 medical schools within 3 miles of where we live and we used to take our toddler to parties and bars like your average west indian so he became a subject of conversation often and it was surprising how med students who just briefly read a chapter on peadeatrics 3 weeks ago would get into arguments with people who were following the guidlines of several practicing paedeatricians. Hell if you became known as a med school bar you lost your old clientelle.

>slutty breastfeeding nurse

Hmm. This pleases me.

>hungry for more than just breastmilk

I am adding this one to my journal right now.

I'm a father of a 5 month old and starting to introduce him to solids now.

So far he's had banana, avocado, carrot, a mixture of fruits and vegetables all pureed.

What should we try next? I love feeding him avocado because he does big massive green poos and I demand that his mother change the nappy and clean it up

Fucking retard, your baby probably has severe stomach pains because this way of thinking, all doctors will tell you to wait to six monthe.

Do you even have children? No? Then STFU, you're a fucking idiot. No, not all doctors tell you to wait six months. That's patently false.

you're the only idiot here

It's just pureed fruits and vegetables.

How to make babby food:
>find whatever is on sale at aldi
>steam it, if need be (banana no, carrot & squash yes)
>purée
Wala. You've now made healthier babby food than what gerber sells. Freeze individual portions in an ice cube tray for convenient travel.

Sure made a good argument there, Cleetus.

Breast milk HAS lactose, but it also has lactase, the enzyme needed to digest lactose; which most of us produce when our intestines mature.

This to be honest quitely family amily

No. Just no. The baby produces the lactase by himself.

Even most lactose intolerant people produced lactase when they were babies and toddlers and could digest breast milk just fine.

Dude, the opposite. We lose ability to produce lactase, to varying strengths.

BRB have a 5 month old that's breastfed, both my lactation consultant and my pediatrician have stated that it is crucial to wait for six months. Formula fed babies can start cereals at 4 months with Doctor approval. Hope your kid don't get sick or obese because you want the easy way out or experiment with what will the baby want to try next.

better than

>hurr durr MY CHILD!!! i have A CHILD!!!! so i KNOW everyTHING!!! about MY CHILD!!!

You don't know anything about me, my education, my family, my doctors, or my child, so do yourself a favor and just stfu, because your just embarrassing yourself. You sound developmentally stunted.

Oh look at you, you have a 5 month old! Bully for you, twat.
You've barely started your parenting journey. You're no expert.
>my lactation consultant
Of course, because it's not like lactation consultants have their livelihood invested in how long a woman breastfeeds, or anything.

>durpeedeuur
>MY CHILD

I bet you're also anti vaccines.

Wait so you skip the pediatrician to go to the lactation consultant? It's not like humans needed breastmilk to survive for thousands of years, lemme get that formula in the 1200's.

You're an idiot.

So are you.

Both of you sound like hysterical housewives with nothing to do but boast about how long you keep your kid hanging from your droopy tits.