This is why I hate cryptos:

This is why I hate cryptos:

>you need to trust a third party like Coinbase in order to buy cryptos
>volatile as fuck
>they're not good for mass use: the more you load the blockchain the higher the fees go
>the units are complex: a cup of coffee might cost 0.00047 BTC + transfer fees. "two bucks" rolls of the tongue easier

And the problems of FIAT?
Central bank conspiracies don't even bother me, who gives a shit?
Triple entry accounting will be used in some other manner, not as Bitcoin.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1q52tt/subway_accepting_bitcoins/
news.bitcoin.com/nordic-law-firms-now-accepts-bitcoin-payments/
econotimes.com/Finland-Based-Auto-Outlet-Sells-Tesla-Accepting-Bitcoin-148796
cta.tech/News/Blog/Articles/2015/July/How-Mobile-Phones-Are-Changing-the-Developing-Worl.aspx
econlife.com/2017/08/developing-nations-smartphones/
brookings.edu/research/smartphones-for-the-unbanked-how-mobile-money-will-drive-digital-inclusion-in-developing-countries/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Triple entry accounting will be used in some other manner, not as Bitcoin.
you don't even know what triple entry accounting actually is

don't post anymore thanks

Nobody cares.

Request Network solves all of this via chainlink and bank apis.
The new generation of hybrid dexes launching this year can solve all of this via chainlink too.
The answer you're looking for is oracles.
Trustless oracles.

False
>volatile as fuck
It's called the free market
>they're not good for mass use: the more you load the blockchain the higher the fees go
Bitcoin is not the only crypto
>the units are complex: a cup of coffee might cost 0.00047 BTC + transfer fees. "two bucks" rolls of the tongue easier
Again, Bitcoin is not the only crypto

>False

How? You've never used exchanges?

>It's called the free market

A stable price is the first requirement for a currency.

You can buy/sell coins directly from people. Like local bitcoinsdotcom.

I don't think the currency part is the big problem but more that it's a speculative market, so people are not basing it on anything. Closest that you can get is the mining costs/operating costs of the network which would require a certain minimum value per coin.

The current cryptos will indeed never take over, however it's decentralized so it will always have its value although it might be in a huge bubble still.

You can buy it locally from someone in your town dumbass

wtf is that old dude wearing

>buy coins locally

Literally nobody does that.

Nobody cares.

Wait for Lightning Network.

Coinbase could crash tomorrow, your bank probbly won't.

I trust banks more than exchanges that were set up last year.

Nobody cares who you trust, or what you think, you are worthless, you are fucking nothing, nobody, gives, a, fucking, shit, about your opinions.

amen.

OP is a massive faggot and should kill himself

You just conceded to the fact that you don't NEED an exchange to buy crypto. Now you're saying it doesn't count because nobody uses the other methods (which again, is also false).

Stay salty, no-coiner.

Heh, you get so emotional when someone pokes holes in your crypto dream.

Just get a job.

You probably wish you looked like the faggot in your OP you cock loving nigger

You are a fucking brainlet OP
You don’t understand the blockchain if you think it’s just a payment tool. Zoom the fuck out and look what smartcontract are and for which industrys blockchain would be more efficient than what we use now

Also gtfo my board

Kys
Sage

>Currency needs to be stable
Volatility decreases with market cap.
On one extreme you have shit coins and on other you have USD with small daily fluctuations.
Look at BTC. Yes it seems that it's very volatile, but if you look at %, not USD value, the volatility is getting smaller and smaller.
Liquidity increases stability.

>smart contracts
>could be would be should be

Let's talk when they _ARE_.

>the volatility is getting smaller and smaller.
>Liquidity increases stability.

But I remember a couple of years ago when volume was small, it stayed at $250 for years.
It was stable as fuck because nobody bought.

>You can buy btc from somebody in person
>Not as volatile as some fiat currencies
>Opportunity for innovations like segwit, PoS, 3rd generation creations
>47 sats for a cup of coffee is like 47 yen

>You can buy btc from somebody in person
Tried, nobody in Finland does it.

>Not as volatile as some fiat currencies
Stop fucking referring to Zimbabwe. I live in Finland.

>47 sats for a cup of coffee is like 47 yen
Not my point. The fact that 1 full unit is so ridiculously expensive makes things hard. Literally nothing will cost full units, but fractions. When you buy a coffee it's 2 simple, full dollars. In Bitcoin it's 4,7 x 10^-3 Bitcones. Wow. Maths nerds will love it.

I would argue that the first point is also an opportunity for decentralized exchanges using atomic swaps to take hold. A prominent exchange could also help businesses flourish because they can simply say that they accept "cryptocurrencies on X exchange" without the need to specify which ones.

>I am the only person in Finland to think about crypto

You're a retard. Maybe if you want a currency that the government doesn't take 75% of, then you might think more highly of it.

>10k
>Ridiculously expensive

You're a child.

>they can simply say that they accept "cryptocurrencies on X exchange" without the need to specify which ones

Why would businesses take risks with volatility and transfer fees if they will use FIAT in the end?
Crypto is like the annoying-as-fuck middleman when you just want FIAT.

>retard
>child

BTC believers think they're so intelligent but all they offer as an argument is ad hominem.
And don't fucking tell me you don't know what it means.

>Central bank conspiracies don't even bother me, who gives a shit?

>But I remember a couple of years ago when volume was small, it stayed at $250 for years.
>It was stable as fuck because nobody bought.

>Stop fucking referring to Zimbabwe. I live in Finland.
Why is it Finnish people seem like the biggest central bank cucks?

I love central banks, they're a good thing.

>muh Rothschild conspiracy

Dude you just want to be a crypto Rothschild, just admit it.

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1q52tt/subway_accepting_bitcoins/

>Some guy mined 100 bitcoin in 2009 for the lulz
>Deciding what food to eat
>Decides on Subway over McDonalds because he held an appreciating asset
>Subway gets a market advantage by getting business

>I love central banks, they're a good thing.
Oh holy shit, this can't be happening. Talk about Stockholm syndrome. You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, probably even loved your years of stagflation - the good thing is there's more to come. Draghi is already warming up the printers just for you

>1 specific subway restaurant in the world

Again, in Finland there are 0 stores accepting BTC and we're considered a technically advanced country. We got mobile pay and everything but no BTC.

>No intermediaries between people exchanging value between each other
>Ability to engage in commerce with people without access to banks
>Anybody can create a coin and trade it on the exchange after programming it the way they want

This is nothing like a central bank

Money works by printing it from thin air.
Dude that's just how it works. You're shocked by it, but truth is not pretty.

>No intermediaries between people exchanging value between each other
Last time I checked you need an exchange. Cash FIAT is still the most anonymous p2p currency ever.

>Ability to engage in commerce with people without access to banks
If some guy living in a mud hut doesn't have access to a bank, he won't have access to Poloniex either.

>Anybody can create a coin and trade it on the exchange after programming it the way they want
Honestly that's just horrible.

Do you seriously consider yourself educated enough to discuss and defend the manipulation of currency?

news.bitcoin.com/nordic-law-firms-now-accepts-bitcoin-payments/
econotimes.com/Finland-Based-Auto-Outlet-Sells-Tesla-Accepting-Bitcoin-148796

????????

Why? It means we have a currency tied to the economy, rather than an arbitrary amount of bitcoin.

Also where is this stagflation? Inflation and growth have been low for the last decade...

You don't need an exchange - just a bitcoin address. Bitcoin is minted by miners who verify blocks. They are the first ones to hold the asset.

There are also plenty of people who have access to smart phones but not banking. This means that there's a market of billions who will be able to hold a bitcoin wallet.

cta.tech/News/Blog/Articles/2015/July/How-Mobile-Phones-Are-Changing-the-Developing-Worl.aspx
econlife.com/2017/08/developing-nations-smartphones/
brookings.edu/research/smartphones-for-the-unbanked-how-mobile-money-will-drive-digital-inclusion-in-developing-countries/

Those companies don't even reside inside the borders of Finland.

And so what if 1-3 companies accept BTC, they do it ONLY to get a free news story made about them and advertisement.

????????????????????????????????

>Why? It means we have a currency tied to the economy, rather than an arbitrary amount of bitcoin.
"tied to the economy"? Lemme have a break. The currency is tied to whatever central banks feel like doing with it. If currency was free and unmanipulated, it would actually reflect the state of the economy, instead of going its own merry way lead by somebody who's arbitrarily twisting it. Since 2008 it's debatable if Keynesian economics have created any growth, and even if they did, growth by currency manipulation and govt interference is not sustainable growth. It needs to be paid back, and it will.

>Also where is this stagflation? Inflation and growth have been low for the last decade...
According to whom? The prices of food, houses, services all have been increasing slowly but steadily. The cost of living has increased, and wages aren't keeping up, if increasing at all. What do you call that?

How old are you?

>coins for developing countries

These people barely have a pot to piss in, but you want to make them pay high transfer fees and feed the crypto bubble so you can sell high?
That's like modern slavery if you ask me.

UK inflation has been very low and under the 2% remit for quite some time and has only just risen. 70s Stagflation had inflation over double-digits!

The countries with more fiscal stimulus grew more since 2008, Keynesian policy has been vindicated. the post-war era was Keynesian and was one of the most stable, longest and greatest periods of economic growth ever.

It's not slavery because they're perfectly welcome to go back to their piss pots. If they want to get paid to create data for my AI bot, then maybe they'll have value to get a water purification system and save themselves from cholera.

How is that relevant?

You're fucking stupid if you don't see that offering BTC can bring huge attention to your company, and they don't do it for "Satoshi's Vishun" or any other commie delusion, they do it for money.

Wooster is a manlet with a fag voice. Once you hear it it kills any illusion you might have of him being cool

thats why JNT exists

>commie delusion

Bitcoin is literally a libertarian wet dream

>to create data for my AI bot

You know that project is a hoax, right?
Most cyberpunk tokens are.
Do you really think Golem will have a worldwide supercomputer?

More Data here for govt spending increasing GDP.

False. You can buy it from an individual party
>volatile as fuck
Won't be as it reaches significant adoption
It'll become more efficient with time
You can say 47 Sats

This has nothing to do with golem, you fucking faggot. You can feed data into tensorflow and create AI bots that recognize text, images, and voices using python.

The lagging step is the quality of the data. I could pay some guy in a developing country 1 sat/hr to tell me if a picture is of a cat or a dog.

Currently there are no complete, working products in the crypto world.
It's all just dreams, white papers and speculative investing.

Basically this means we have the right to ridicule you and you just have to take it. YOU need to prove that cryptos will take over the world. I don't need to prove that they won't.
And I've been waiting for ten fucking years..

CPI is one thing, but I'm talking about actual cost of living. Supermarket prices have been increasing and increasing, rents are going up all around. I don't hear of anybody getting raises. So if we ignore the official data and look at what's actually going on, are things really improving?

Also note that US productivity only recently reached its pre-crash 2008 levels. Such is the miraculous work of inflationary stimulus - it all ends up in the equities market so that people can think things have improved, regardless of whether they have improved at all.

>The countries with more fiscal stimulus grew more since 2008,
So financial improvement is caused by inflation? Man, Zimbabwe must be booming

It's relevant because you sound like either you're underage or have the mental capacity of somebody who's underage. I don't have a significant stake in crypto, but not even I am stupid enough to equate crypto with BTC.

Good, you'll be left behind

I've bought them on the street and it amazes me that people would even buy privacy coins otherwise.
> Now your transactions are hidden
> You only had to comply with KYC
Like wtf?

>The lagging step is the quality of the data. I could pay some guy in a developing country 1 sat/hr to tell me if a picture is of a cat or a dog.

Didn't you watch Ex Machina? Google will do that for you so we won't need human slaves to collect data.

What you "intelligent" people need to realize is this:

I'm not alone. And I'm part of the majority in this matter. Step outside Veeky Forums and everyone laughs at your numbers on a screen.
And the thing about bitter nocoiners is this: we will never submit / admit defeat and get into cryptos. Ever. BTC one trillion? Still sticking with Rothschildmoneys and proud of it.

Anyone with a brain can deduce what 90% of the world population will always follow governmental money and this means no matter what happens to cryptos, they will be used by nerds and deluded investors who use it as a lottery.
Therefore there's a limit how high the market cap can go.
Honestly I think BTC is going sub 2k this year.

I'm done with this one too. Anybody want to e-debate?

It's true that inflation and Keynesian economics might be an eventuality according to prisoner's dilemma if they're beneficial in the short term to countries utilizing them. But you have examples of boom periods during deflationary currency, such as the US gold standard as the most notable case. Non-backed USD is in fact a rather short-lived experiment, and it seems to be reaching its end. This is in big part thanks to Keynesian economics, the fed has cornered itself with its interest rate play.

>Step outside Veeky Forums and everyone laughs at your numbers on a screen
Yet they lust after the same numbers in their bank accounts.

Yeah, right? No one has ever gotten into crypto, that's how Corn hit $20k and my neighbor's child's cat owns TRX, by no one buying into this.

That's cuz FIAT is always real to them, cryptos are unreal.

>And the thing about bitter nocoiners is this: we will never submit / admit defeat and get into cryptos. Ever. BTC one trillion? Still sticking with Rothschildmoneys and proud of it.
Oh shit just read this. Your loyalty to the parties skimming value off your back is admirable!

You're just as loyal to the ponzicoin that dropped 70% last month.

I do, kys faggot.

Just admit you're into cryptos because you want free lambos.
That's literally the ONLY reason anyone has ever bought cryptos.
The turd level accounting MUH Satoshi's VISHUN bullshit is just to make it seem like a smart man's lottery, not gambling.
In reality it's just greater fool investing.

If you're just gonna disregard official data (there are other sources such as the million prices project) and rely on ancedotal data, there's not much I can do to change your mind.

Productivity growth is crap I agree. But inflation hasn't risen that much, so I'm not sure why you keep referring it as inflationary stimulus.

Fiscal stimulus =/= inflation.

Low interest rates are a problem, which I think shows that fiscal stimulus is better than monetary policy to get us out of recessions.

Gold standard had extremely volatile inflation and deflation, and a very high incidence of bank runs. It also caused huge problems with trade outflows. Just look at when Britain tried to return to the gold standard.

There's value in trading digital assets besides
> normies will use it
For some people this is their only shot and they are playing a dangerous game. Those putting let's say 25% of their investment money on it? If it works they're set, if it doesn't there's always wagecucking.

>If you're just gonna disregard official data
I'm not feeling like getting into a full-blown Keynesian vs Austrian debate in this thread, and I don't even have any of my links at hand right now. So yeah, I admit I'm being a bit overdramatic here. But you gotta admit that scepticism against even credible data isn't unwarranted if it's in direct contradiction with what you can observe with your very two eyes. If inflation isn't getting worse, what's decreasing in price? It's not that bad right now yeah, but it's also not necessary in the first place.

Stimulus and inflation usually go hand in hand, even if not eventually. Velocity can skew things, but the reality of the situation is that if you print more money it's gonna be worth less unless you can get it out of play later.

>Gold standard had extremely volatile inflation and deflation, and a very high incidence of bank runs
Meh, it shouldn't have to take a gold standard or backing, just don't print more currency to mess things up when you feel like it. It's more a problem of policy than a need of currency reform

soyboy core

>>the units are complex: a cup of coffee might cost 0.00047 BTC + transfer fees. "two bucks" rolls of the tongue easier
"1 cup of coffee? that'll be 47 sats please"
fucking retard. "but-but-but the numbers are complex and bigger! 2 is smaller than 47!" -- we managed just fine when the dollar had more purchasing power (one coke? that'll be 12 cents. same thing.)