Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky wrote The Gambler in 26 days while also writing Crime and Punishment...

>Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky wrote The Gambler in 26 days while also writing Crime and Punishment. He was heavily in debt and addicted to gambling and saw the semi-autobiographical novella as a good way to help him pay off his debts.

>26 days.

>Plath wrote Ariel in October

>He was heavily in debt and addicted to gambling and saw the semi-autobiographical novella as a good way to help him pay off his debts.

I'm sure that helped

"Its fear that gives men wings"

Except Plath is shit.

She isn't though

The Gambler is terrible

fuck you

I thought that was REd Bull

>I haven't actually read her but I just know any female author must be shit

Maybe stop being a pleb and read her works.

I have read her and she is shit.

>constantly uses holocaust as a metaphor for her own mental illness as if those two are comparable
>cheap attempts at hiding her incompetence by pretentiously using myths
>recycling the same topic of how she is oppressed by Hughes and her father over and over again

The list goes on and on. She is horrible and if you unironically like her, you are a pleb.

Go read some Crane, Frost, Stevens, or Williams, and then come back.

I thought he dictated it.

As i Lay Dying was written in 6 weeks with no words changed afterwards.

First draft of On the Road was written in 3 weeks.

>creditor shows up with three goons
>"Fyodor, if you don't give me 6 kopeks by 8 PM, I'll break your fucking Asuka statue!"
>"Ivanovitch, pls don't break my waifu statues, I need them pls!"
>"6 hours, kulak!"
>*goes to pawnbroker*
>"this is Rei, one of the finest of my collection"
>"2 kopeks"
>"f-fine... Goodbye Rei-sama"
>;_;
>"fucking pawnbrokers..."
>*writes Crime and Punishment*

Red bull has caffeine
Caffeine stimulates the production of adrenaline
So does fear
Fear = Red Bull => wings

What do those words say at the bottom?

He did, then he shagged the bird writing it up.

>Extremely prolific, Mo Yan wrote Life and Death Are Wearing Me Out in only 42 days.[2]

>552 pp (Eng. trans. edition)

>shagged the bird

Is there anything worse in all of language than British?

Stop startin mate.

hey the gambler is alright

Good post but it needs more seizures.

fucking gold

Fahrenheit 451 was written in nine days.

Jekyll & Hyde was written in one week.

Welcome to the NHK was written in like a week or something.

She used the holocaust metaphors because her dad was a nazi man, her father's death is that huge traumatic experience that basically fucked her up forever. I like her, and everybody with a remote interest in poetry will know the poets you've favored.

>>constantly uses holocaust as a metaphor for her own mental illness as if those two are comparable
>>cheap attempts at hiding her incompetence by pretentiously using myths

examples?

I've encountered a few Plath poems, they were exceptionally good.

This was pure braggadocio on Faulkner's part. You can write something that length in 6 weeks, yes, but it's going to need proofreading at the very least. Besides that, the book has stream of consciousness parts that he could have very easily winged.

underrated toast

>kulak
ruined it

I couldn't be bothered to research Russian epithets and all I knew were early Soviet ones...

forgive me.

Being in debt really gets you going, you know?

Yeah? Faulkner himself didn't correct it. It was first published with all the misspelling and stuff and remained that was for 30 years.

>Fahrenheit 451 was written in nine days.
I don't believe you.

It was. He had written four short stories in the past couple of years and the final novel was a synthesis of these stories. He wrote it in nine days in the basement of a university library using a pay-per-use typewriter.

>Fahrenheit 451 was written in nine days.
That explains why it's shit.

I can tell. It's the incoherent ramblings of a handful of rednecks with some Freud peppered over.

No one actually knows what the characters are saying. No one who would have the time and energy to pick up a Faulkner novel also understands hillbilly.

>i misread daddy so Plath is shit

this

had he not completed the novella, he would lose all authorship rights for 10 years and basically write for free for some publishing company

also, the gambler is probably his worst thing ever written, but its completion was a very significant step in dosto's life