Do you put this man on the same level as Einstein and Newton

as a scientist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Animals
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Jahiz#Most_important_books
soundcloud.com/darwin-digest/episode-20-charles-darwin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Levels of what?
Revolutionizing the way people think at large?
Honestly he might have done that a little more effectively than einstein, but time will tell.

In intelligence or scienciness? No. Calculus and unified theories of everything are a little more impressive than finches.

Above Einstein below Newton tbhwu

Contribution-wise? Sure.

Intelligence-wise? Since he did not concern himself with physics, we can never know if he was at the level of Einstein or Newton. Therefore we can't answer that question.

this

He was possibly the greatest
field-research scientist in history.
Comparing him to a theoretician
(Einstein) or to a polymath (Newton)
is hard to imagine.

Since he was a theologian, and never a scientist, I don't see how the comparisons can be made.

Did Einstein ever say anything as foolish as the human cell is 'simple', 'like a bag of salt'?

Did Newton ever say anything as ridiculous as 'minor changes over millions of years produce major changes in organisms'?

this tbqhfamilia

He did use the scientific method to concieve naturalist explanations to things he observed. He was wrong about alot of stuff, sure, but that doesn't make him not a scientist.

>Did Einstein ever say anything as foolish as the human cell is 'simple', 'like a bag of salt'?
Einstein got stuff wrong, too

>Did Newton ever say anything as ridiculous as 'minor changes over millions of years produce major changes in organisms'?
Oh you're a troll

Danm, I fell for it

I consider him to be the most influential scientist of all time, to be honest. People are indeed right in saying formulating calculus or discovering special relativity are harder achievements, but evolution forever changed our understanding of reality and our place in the world in a more fundamental, profound way.

Consider the following, in the previous 3000 years of recorded history before him, nobody, not even Newton, came up with the idea of evolution through natural selection

So he was indeed brilliant

Not really. I adore biology, evolutionary biology especially, but his work wasn't really all that clever or hard-earned, compared to Newton's. I class him with folks like Columbus- the existence of evolution was obvious, he was just the first guy to slap his head, but someone else would have done it (and several contemporary scholars did)

Not exactly user, there were others who alluded to some kind of "system" related natural selection

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Animals

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Jahiz#Most_important_books

Darwin was just able to document it more extensively in detail, on a larger scale and popularize it more. Obviously he connected the important dots but he wasn't alone in such a pursuit of understanding.

Einstein

in regards to impact, not in regards to difficulty.

kys urselfes, bioshitters

He seems to have caused more butthurt to religionfags, that's good enough for me.

Biology is merely stamp collecting..

I agree

>but evolution forever changed our understanding of reality and our place in the world in a more fundamental
For some people at least.

>not in regards to difficulty.
That's obviously not true. People in general have more difficulty grasping evolution through natural selection more than anything else. Even on here it's one of the most misunderstood things even among actual STEMfags. If I had a penny every time I saw someone failing to grasp this shit, I would be very rich indeed.

Veeky Forums confirmed for plebs

soundcloud.com/darwin-digest/episode-20-charles-darwin

except newton and einstein's work is mathematically rigorous. and most people have more trouble with math than worded explanations. they are just that bad with science overall.

>kill yourself yourselves
>denying a field that uses the scientific method, does empirical research and literally is the reason why you aren't dead because of a flu
>being this bad at english