What is the best blackberry dish?

What is the best blackberry dish?

If jam a dish? Because it's blackberry jam.

No, jam is not a dish.

Backwall tart. With blackberry jam.

No?

Okay...duck and other gamey bird can work with blackberry sauces, but I don't have a recipe to hand personally.

Tarts work fine. I mostly meant desserts.

Well you should be more specific.

How is "blackberry dish" not specific? Jams and sauces go with a dish, but are not a dish in and of themselves. A blackberry dish would have the blackberry as the main focus, which would be a dessert in the vast majority of cases.

blackberry raisins on crackers via some kind of creamy cheese

>A blackberry dish would have the blackberry as the main focus, which would be a dessert in the vast majority of cases.

Not even close.

Anyway, blackberries are almost never the "focus" of a dish because they don't lend themselves to it; you almost always end up making a sauce or jam of some form. They're not a strong enough taste ti stand on their own, like raspberries or redcurrants, either.

venison with blackberry sauce

What about cobbler, crisp, pie, tarts, bars, coffee cake, etc etc?

What about them? Blackberry is almost always the inferior choice for any of those compared to other soft fruits because it's just not a strong enough taste. Which is why you tend to reduce blackberries to a sauce to concentrate the taste.

Seeds, seeds, seeds. It can only be a sauce you absolute plebe.

>caring about seeds

If that's true, then a custard pie made using blackberry sauce would be the best.

Use toothpicks and put the blackberries on them to make little blackberry men, then put them on top of some rafts made of bird meat and float it on top of a raging "sea" of blackberries poured into a casserole dish, you can also include an accent of "kraken tentacles" coming out of the berry sea and attacking the rafts and blackberry men, simply use the stem/vine of the blackberry bush, which naturally lends itself to looking like spikey monster legs.

N-naw man, I'm good, thanks for the suggestion though.

Blackberry cobbler.

You mean "what is your favorite", OP.

The fuck user

Blackberries

toss shaved honeydew and canteloupe with lemon zest, chiffonade mint leaf, red pepper flake and a bit of salt, make a nice tight pile and top it off with crumbled feta, several blackberries, crisp pancetta, grilled shrimp and drizzle currant syrup over the whole thing.

Blackberries + milk + vanilla ice cream in blender = blackberry shake
Quick, easy, delicious

black berries + raspberries + lemon juice + water (simmer in pot till saucey)

cream cheese + sugar (mix thoroughly)

layer sauce and cream cheese on crepe (look up recipe, they're easy to make) and fold once or twice

= berry cheesecake crepe

tried it once, delicious and surprisingly filling

This or blackberry ice cream.

That fat cheeked milf I see on the food network who lives on the prairie has a simple self-rising "cobbler" that's pretty good.

Blackberry combines very well with liquorice so I'd try to make a blackberry liquorice dessert. Also liquorice goes well with salmon and so does blackberry apparently so it would be interesting to try the combinations.

That sounds really good. I bet crumble would be delicious in it if you added that to complete the cheesecake theme.

Blackberry Crisp
I pick the berry's when there still tart (but black)

what would you make the crumb with grahm cracker or flour

What kind of "bird meat"? How often do you make this blackberry diorama anyhow?

Crumble with peaches.

>turn the fruits into a baking tray

How the fuck? I'm not a magician, man.

Cordial

just dump them into the dish man ;)