Pro tip, chop up like 10 onions (any kind) and just leave it out to dry...

Pro tip, chop up like 10 onions (any kind) and just leave it out to dry. It doesn't go bad ever and gets a much richer onion flavor, without being stronger.

Then you can just grab some and use it like normal onion. Really nice to sprinkle a little in a salad too

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00309829/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds good do you refrigerate it?

no need to. Like I said, It doesn't go bad. At least not over 3-4 months.
That's like buying preboiled pasta retard. More expensive, tastes worse, only saves you like 5 minutes.

Although I agree to your post I would also have to disagree. There is the possibility it may go spoiled depending on many factors.

Unless this is some new meme

I've done it for 2 years and never had a bad "batch". It usually sits on my counter at least a month. It dries completely in 12-48 hours depending on how fine you cut it.

Right I agree upon excellent circumstances you have yourself plenty of delicious dried onions for a great price

>excellent circumstances
I usually just leave them on my big wooden, never washed cutting board, right next to the stove. And shove it into a pile or bowl if I need more space on the board
It's like dried fruit m8. Once the water's gone it just doesn't go bad. Drying has been used for preservation for thousands of years.

why not wash your cutting board? do you only use it for vegs?

>do you only use it for vegs?
pretty much. It's huge and I can only wash it in the shower, which I've done like two times ever

Sounds interesting, OP. I'm surprised that it would be able to dry just on the counter given their water content though.

Even a cucumber will dry in one day if you dice it

i demand images of this colossal cutting cube

going to try this today, thanks user

>cube
???
anyways it's this ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00309829/

Are you literally the stereotype guy that only microwaves hotpockets? What are you even doing on Veeky Forums? You can buy tons of dried foods, including onions, at any grocery store. I'm just making it myself because it's super simple and cheap

A pile of chopped onions doesn't just magically dehydrate. You have to heat it in a dry area like an oven.

Fucking mong.

see bottom of >pile
Obviously you spread it out a bit, but that's about it.
>You have to heat it in a dry area
Wrong. Try it yourself. Finely mince some onion before going to bed today. It will "magically" be dry when you wake up

>mfw there are people people on Veeky Forums who literally think that doing laundry involves some sort of "magic dehydration"

>not using Röstzwiebeln instead

That's a different taste.

Would that work if you cut potatoes into battery sizes

Don't forget to add some milk

/out/ here, yes.

No, potatoes aren't electric. A "potato battery" produces energy from acids reacting with copper and zink

>potatoes aren't electric

Try telling that to the Irish peasants who were electrified by the potatoes in the 1840's famine, dumbass.

A better one

Just buy a dehydrator. You can even make jerky in it

>buy a dehydrator for something that works just as well without one

Hnnng I have aids

stop it