Post a more accurate pic illustrating the relevance of world literature. Oh wait, you cant

Post a more accurate pic illustrating the relevance of world literature. Oh wait, you cant.

>reading anything other than the great 4

>reading anything from an English speaking country beside Shakespear.

You're lucky to have him

Replace Britain with 'Murica if we're talking the last 200 years.

Britain isn't even the most relevant in English language literature.

Change the british flag for a spanish one (or a flag representing LatAm) and you're correct

lel

Ireland doesn't have the union jack, silly.

>spaniards other Cervantes
>latin american lit other BolaƱo and Borges

Here (You) go

>All these buttblasted Anglophobes

Success breeds jealousy

>p-please pretend we wrote something good without ireland
>otherwise i cry
I think we're going with the "you crying" option, please post pics.

If my nose wasn't bleeding from that last line of cocaine then the stench of philistine would be overwhelming

Shitposts encouraged

lel?mmm??? LEL???? FUCKING LEL?? Da duck you mean uoy duckub f loswv ad pitch 66!2246252526514624Fuck you niggercy gfhgeggrgm-eu

way to be iliterate. Stay in your anglocentric bubble, kids.

>no italian

>doing coke while england goes broke
>thinking that made good english authors more numerous
ok mr. self, we look forward to your next TED talk

>literally 1 (one) good work

hey, a lot of calvino's works are good. if you thought dante was good, i should remind you spergy fan fiction is banned here for a reason

>Implying I'm from England

I'm sorry your taste is so poor but with time your palate will expand and your appreciation for art will increase

>MUH GREAT GATSBY

Anglophobia is so strong on the internet.

>implying you've read even that (one)

>I am a supreme gentleman who only reads Camus, Stirner, Dostoyevski and Shakespeare starter pack.

>thinking you palate can increase beyond ireland
i'm sure you do think it's other people's fault when you shit yourself in public
wtf is wrong with you, can't you follow a quote chain? or do you think that F Scott was Irish because of his norman name? either way, kys

>No Russia
Are you fucking kidding me?

Anglophobia is a dreadful disease that rots the brain, just like antisemitism.

Do not be Anglophobic.

what's the flag on the thumb?

>American "literates"

Lord Byron.

Byron's not as good as Shelley who's not as good as his wife. Pick good authors at least, not just ones you heard of because they re-invented swimming.

Are you supposed to be a terrible warning and that's why your shit is all retarded?

Ex Yugoslavia: Ivo Andric, Mesa Selimovic, Milorad Pavic (prose), Branko Miljkovic, Vasko Popa (Poetry). I highly recommend them

Gah, I didn't even notice it there. I just read it as French sideways.

Not anyone's fault you can only speak 1 language.

...the pinky is the Russian one. The middle finger is French.
>mfw there's two people this retarded.
>mfwnf

LEL

Milton, Sterne, Bunyan

>forget the Irish, read Shakespeare the francophile
kek
Sterne's good but if we're going by country instead of just "English speaking" then he's Irish.

>German literature

Literature, Russian. A favourite from ages 1800-1930, but no longer.

should i learn russian just to read a bunch of books?

OP can be read as countries or languages, to be quite honest

only if you're a Brit trying to pretend most of your good writers aren't Irish. suddenly then the sprachbund matters, and that Beckett and Wilde's best works are French is a minor loss because they have no clue how much of Joyce is foreign languages
>tl;dr- sure, if you're an English retard.

Why is this board so anti-American?

Why does anyone on here take pride in shit they didn't write?

Why are these threads even here in the first place, there is a board for this horseshit. Also the thumb is the UN which most countries are a part of.

It's only natural to hate Anglos. You made the world the shitthole it is with your divide and conquer geopolitics, free trade, imperialism, balance of powers, and your the most bankster ridden country ever to exist. You've caused panics and collapses in most of the major economies of the world. Your are the cancerpis tumor weighing heavy on the world, kys you effete limey cocksucker.

Shellley, arguably the greatest lyricist in the English language >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> his wife, who only wrote one decent novel.

I'm sorry you can't into English literature, user.

>he hasn't see the Percy edit of Mary's novel
>he hasn't read Mary's incest novel
>the greatest lyricist not just amongst the greats
wew lad way to prove you're under read.

>shitposting

>just like antisemitism

>inb4

Nah, Jewish writers do better than British writers on Veeky Forums. They don't need to shill as much as British writers do. You need some Britisher rubbing his monocle behind a post.

Don't really know myself but I was just following the meme. Its a worry /pol/ doesn't seem to mention Zionism at all.

Holy shit. A James Joyce fan.

>Mark Twain
>Dante Alighieri
>Hemingway
>Fitzgerald
>Poe
>TS Eliot
Please kill yourself

No South American Magical Realism

>jiggaplz

It's not his fault, it's hereditary

I've been looking to get into this genre, any recommendations?

It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams

>>Mark Twain
>>Dante Alighieri
>>Hemingway
>>Fitzgerald
>>Poe
All worthless meme writers.
>TS Eliot
English.

>twain
>worthless

>eliot
>not a memer

uwot

TS Eliot was born in Missouri, you're confusing TS Eliot with CS Lewis

Doesn't matter though, if you define Mark Twain or Poe as "meme writers" you're a fucking troglodyte and I don't care what you have to say. What's next, "Lolita" is the pinnacle of literature?

that faggotry only makes sense for people there. if it is 'appreciated' outside it, it is simply to see the pathetic form of expression a pathetic life can have. what is valuable is not the thing as literature but as an expression of the human entity to cling to life and its need to express it, no matter how inhuman that life is.

user, Borges is magical realism. I think you should take a moment and reconsider your post in light of what may be new information to you.

by sticking to a single or a couple of authors in the defense of it only becomes more self defeating and pathetic.

wow, you're really mad that the movement isn't made up of many authors and a lot of them are internationally known, which blows the fuck out of your idea that it "only makes sense for people there." and that "if it is 'appreciated' outside of it, it is simply to see the pathetic form of expression a pathetic life can have", since most of them are not just known internationally, but known for being illuminating, uplifting, complex as a reaction against realism and naturalism which are better known for being pathetic expressions of pathetic lives.

I'm sure you're talking out of your ass, but let's get back to the bit where you said that it only makes sense to people there and isn't read by outsiders: magical realism resulted in what's known as The Latin American Boom, and so is the reason why not only Latin American literature reached the wider world, but came to dominate large parts of literary culture in the 1960s.

It looks like you're bitter and talking out of your ass because you think bitterness diminishes ignorance. Your misplaced criticism accuses magical realism of the exact things that it reacted against, and is about as valuable as someone criticising Joyce for hypercorrect grammar in Finnegans Wake.

>tl;dr like everything else in your book case: you're demonstratably a pathetic idiot who doesn't know shit about literature

Sure.

lel did i touch an identity nerve there? yeah ok latin america is the top of civilization and everyone loves it and wishes to have been born there.

I'm not from South America nor a Latin country, and I'm not a fan of magical realism. You're just painfully, obviously, undeniably wrong. Try /int/ if you want to talk out of your ass and not read books.

when you say it was a reaction against a pathetic life you keep seeing it at a ground level perspective. that invalidates any defense you can make of it. that shift of style was just the expression of a change in the continuity of that pathetic life.

try reading marquez's nobel speech, the full version, and you'll see the thing in a nutshell.

I said it was a reaction against realism and naturalism, which are well known for portraying pathetic lives. There is a difference between that and "a reaction against a pathetic life", which I do not expect you to understand because, damn are you stupid. I'm okay with you continuing to draw the wrong conclusions and express your ignorance of literary movements, it's not like I have to be you.

yeah, literature comes out of nothing and has nothing to do with peoples lives.

kek, yes that would be another misplaced conclusion from what you read.

Japan should be the thumb.

This thread is Veeky Forums related.

tell that to your girlpillow you weeb loser lmao

>he still uses cliches to judge the world around him

please. i fucking hate anime and know that japs are shit with others and with themselves. one of the most despicable forms of humanity. but that is precisely why their artistic, truly artistic, form are of value for the rest of us. like their literature or cinema.