Holy shit, I got fucked over so hard by this

Holy shit, I got fucked over so hard by this

>class of 80 students
>only 4 passed the final exam
>only 1 got a perfect score (me)

the other 3 guys that passed the exam also got an A because of this bullshit, holy shit how is that even fair?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading_on_a_curve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grow the fuck up.

guess you have no friends if you had to come here to boast about your result

it's not
take real classes or pick a real institution next time

>study every weekend since the course started to cover all the topics because i knew the exam was hard
>get a perfect score

>faggots that studied 1 week before the exam get a free pass through the course because even though their score was shit, it was less shit than the rest
>hurr you are bragging

Ironically it's one of the best unis out there

Stop being a little bitch who gets butt mad because
>other people got good grades!?
>;_; AGHHH I hate them
Grow up faggot. You got a good grade, that's all that matters. stop being a bitch about it and maybe you'll have an easier time

Pro tip: You don't actually have to exert effort to succeed in college as an undergraduate. It's your fault you didn't realize this and did more than you had to. The other people who got A's were simply taking advantage of the system.

its not fair.

its how the kikes make their money, lower standards through the bell curve bullshit and keep everyone in to drain their asses.

the fuck is that?

op did you know everyone dislikes you?

>Still get best grade
>fucked over so hard

You're a whiny autist.

A grading curve.

a bell curve should apply over a large population, not a single small sample.

I think. I never took american grading 1

What does that entail?

Its this hilarious thing they do in America. They dont actually grade your work, you get graded on where you fall on the curve. So if everyone gets 0% and you get anything but that youre an ace student!

dude i love e^-(x^2)

You can't run a tuition mill based on merit you colossal fucking piece of shit!!!

My highschool freshman earth science teacher graded on a curve. I would get a C on a test and do the best in class, and everyone would be graded based off that.

Then he got caught fucking a freshman girl

>I would get a C on a test and do the best in class
Why is it that every other student seems so retarded?

He wasn't a very good teacher, and highschool freshmen aren't very good at being independently studious in spite of bad faculty.

Holy shit OP Kill yourself.

Whaaaaat?!

>Not from America.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading_on_a_curve

It's really a great thing for students who aren't retarded, because you don't have to actually try in your classes. Because the majority of students are mentally handicapped, you pretty much automatically get an A for putting in a minimal amount of effort.

>It's really a great thing for students who aren't retarded, because you don't have to actually try in your classes. Because the majority of students are mentally handicapped, you pretty much automatically get an A for putting in a minimal amount of effort.
Only if the majority of the class would otherwise fail the course. And if that's the case. either the course is designed horribly or the prerequisites / entry requirements are set far too low.

I assume you have never taken a course at an American university. That shit is piss-easy.

Maybe then they could learn to teach or how to teach the students to teach themselves

And not football

This is a case where you probably deserve an A+. Regardless, maybe you can get a letter of rec from the prof?

this board is 18+

College is High School 2.0, don't you know?

clearly not. there's a huge difference between prestige and the quality of an undergrad program

and you replied

>not ruining every curve by getting a hundred on principle

College is about doing better than the average Joe in your classes. Sometimes that equates to having to know the material well but not necessarily.

>people honestly think they're not graded on a curve
ALL grades are applied on a curve

the standard scale of 70-C,80-B,90-A, etc is a grading curve centered at 70.

adjusting the curve's midpoint allows you to set the curve so that it accurately captures expertise.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with designing a test such that a student with mastery of the material would be reasonably expected to get, say, an 80, and an average student with the minimum mastery necessary to pass would get a 50, and pegging a C at 50.

similarly, if you assign a test and, after reviewing the test and the grades, you decide that no average student with minimal mastery necessary to pass could actually have been expected to get a 70, then it's absolutely valid to move the centerpoint of the scale down

Remember that the smartest people would never even end up in a course like that one.

I don't dislike him, how does it feel to be wrong?

I feel you OP. I was going to get an A+ without the curve in an economics course of mine but the asshole prof decided to curve it up so that stupid kids would also get good marks.

Uh, no.

OP needs to stop taking pre-algebra courses.

They (sometimes) do it too in Europe, but behind the scenes. As in, a single test is graded by point percentage regardless of how many students pass, but if too many students fail a test, then the professor gets shit for that (supposedly for not teaching them well enough).

Cameltoe pictures send to professor?

Uh, yes.

>I got an A
>On a very difficult exam
>This means I have been screwed

Nice humble brag user. Maybe you shouldn't have attended whatever meme-university you're currently attending.

That said, I do know how it feels, I once aced a course as one out of two people with 100 students attending. It felt beyond amazing but unlike you I was happy with my own achievement.

>Holy shit, I got fucked over so hard by this

How? You got an A that is in no way devalued by the fact that another 5% of your class received one on a technicality.

You sound like a real type-A shitter, OP. It appears that what you learn and how you perform is irrelevant to you unless you are beating everyone else by a large enough margin. In other words, you're the worst kind of competitive crybaby.

>Everyone else in my class is an absolute idiot so I'm automatically smart.

This is the most retarded education related thing I ever heard of.
How do you even science?

what was the class OP?

So if everyone gets 90%-100%, does that mean everyone below a 96% fails?

Curves are usually applied after-the-fact. If this actually happened (extremely unlikely because most college students are literally retarded), then the teacher would most likely give everyone and A.

So the purpose is to ensure that a certain amount of people are guaranteed to pass

this

anything beyond passing is a waste of time

shut the fuck up, lazy useless sack of shit

I had to do fuck all in uni, 'cause my classmates were the average bongistanians. Shit was easy, but I regret not learning anything.

Sounds to me like the other guy is smarter than you, but take comfort in the fact that you got more out of the course than they did.
If you really care about rank so much (which I don't understand; you should reevaluate your goals), approach your professor and ask for an A+.

Go to a better university. One of my classes had the cutoff for an A at 98%.

that's the sign of a garbage teacher who doesn't know how to design tests

That's fucking stupid. You can't even differentiate mastery of material with grades at a certain point.

>garbage teacher who doesn't know how to design tests
again, go to a better university. the tests were tough, the students were tougher. i'm sorry you find it hard to believe that some universities have a population whose majority cares very much about their learning.

If the teacher can't come up with enough challenging questions to fill out a test so that you can accurately distinguish between different levels of competence then they either don't know the material well enough to be teaching it or they're bad at their job

what if everyone is at the same level of competence?

Then nothing. They should all pass the course requisites and get good grades and their degrees. Grades are a measure of student performance in class before they are ranking tools.

>then nothing
buddy you just took me on a trip here where your initial claim was that our department was shit for putting the A cutoff at 98%, to which i claimed we have a bunch of high performing, good students - everyone is more or less the same level of competence and it is very difficult to amplify their differences to distinguish them.

then, after hearing this, you go on and post some unrelated shit that indicates you are not capable of holding a slow conversation where you are alotted an indefinite amount of time to respond. in short, you're an asshat

>ace test
>receive A
>BAWWW THESE OTHER GUYS GOT A'S TOO EVEN THOUGH I DID BETTER THAN THEM
focus on your own work and quit worrying about others.

Jesus fucking Christ, why is this thread still alive?

Exactly.
So it's impossible for 76 people to fail and 4 people to get A's- there is no curve.
OP is a troll and doesn't even understand his own post.

Sage goes in all fields.

gtf0, HSs and undergrads

They make the curve happen, dumbass

The best result is the top, and so on

here, graphically explained for brainlets

Im an american who has lived in 3 different states through schooling. This was not the case ever for any classes ive taken ever. Anything below 70% in some districts was an F period. Other districts it was (is) below 60% was an F period.

Shut up communist