Have you ever felt jaded by what you're studying? Like you want to be interested in the subject...

Have you ever felt jaded by what you're studying? Like you want to be interested in the subject, and while some parts of it excite you occasionally, you know deep down inside that you actually find it boring.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5058S2DeTtU?t=328
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am usually excited until I realize that I am a poorfag and I need to get a degree and get a job

>boy i sure do love homological algebra

that's why I switched to math
algebraic geometry is objectively not boring

>boy I sure do love algebraic geometry

Chemistry in general has been haunting me like this since middle school.

>Boy do I love to know how compounds are made!
>Fuck which ratio did I get wrong this doesn't make any sense fuck fuck fuck

>boy I sure do love proving things rigorously
I'm a pop math fag and always will be

^^^

I know it is important, and that I need to study it. But holy shit is homological algebra the most boring thing in existence.

This t b h f a m.

I don't seem to have the willpower to study advanced math on my own. I am very interested in it in the sense that I want to know what it's all about, but I can't help but get bored when I attempt to study it.

Dude, if you aren't yourself, then who are you?

Someone pretending to be an scientist.

>love devising chemistry experiments and discovering cool shit
>Hate slogging through the seemingly illogical theory

>love learning physics and the maths behind it
>Hate devising physics experiments

Too bad mathematics is a meme degree. I will probably take mechanical engineering once I finish IB

>The Imitation Game comes out
>take group theory to be like benedict cucumber
>get bored halfway through
Hollywood is really good at romanticizing math. Movies like Good Will Hunting and A Beautiful Mind make you fall in love with the idea of studying math.

>still in high school
>thinks his opinion matters

> Thinks ME makes more than mathers, kek

Studying computer science and I pretty much just get full blown trances out when I'm writing code and I can do it while blasting music so no

Im jaded in all my classes. The work atleast.
Seriously, arguing with classmates in psych and math courses is the only fun thing about school now.

Good thing I graduate this coming semester.
Wish me luck finding a job with a degree is neuro and a minor in mathematics. kek.

Yeah thats great until you get to do some retarded course on programming patterns or baby data bases that shouldnt be part of the curricula..

>meme degree
There are no memes in real life, young man.

>thinks chemistry theory is illogical
>wants to be a mechanical engineer
why am i even surprised

youtu.be/5058S2DeTtU?t=328

Classic mech e.

I saw a guy orienting new mech e co-ops at my office tell them to go on the internet and look at different types and sizes of screws to get up to speed.

Fuck me. I know exactly what you're talking about. But it freaks me the fuck out whenever it happens to me. There's something in my head that tells me I don't WANT to be in those trances. I'm telling myself that it is a waste of time to get a trance like that, for whatever reason. It kills me, man. I wish I could study pointless shit like an autist without this fucking mental block.