Why isn't there a dumpling fast food chain in western countries?

Why isn't there a dumpling fast food chain in western countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

beijing8.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh my god, i would get so fucking fat

pls do this someone

For some reason unbeknownst to mankind, Chinese think we like the slime they serve us more than their actual food.

Drop the orange chicken, make dimsum, xiaolongbao and jiaozi ffs.

My folks just opened a dumpling place in Jamaica Queens and all the nignogs there keep thinking we're achicken broc, Generals chicken, Chinese food place. We tell them we don't serve American Chinese just dumplings and they're like "wtf is a dumpling".

Not a lot of people know what dumplings are and it's not exclusive to nignogs. I think dumplings and more traditional Chinese food being more popular but not enough for a chain. Especially since there's more "ma and pop" Chinese restaurants than fast food places.

Where at bro? Theres this little dumpling corner in downtown brooklyn, right around the corner from metrotech that I basically live at. I might get a job in jamaca so I'll totally hit it up.

At my university we have a culture of eating a shitload of samosas
They're always selling the on campus
Cheap filling healthy and tasty
It's similar to a dumpling I guess

Where I live (Paris ) there's a sort of chain restaurant (3 stores in Paris) that does on the go dumplings. It's kind of hipstery and expensive (10 euros for 9 dumplings+salad and green tea ) but the dumplings are amazing and fresh made. They do this sweet chili coriander sauce that is to die for

>Not a lot of people know what dumplings are

what the fuck

white person here...genuinely surprised/confused by this

it's fillings inside some dough, how can that combo not be present in some form in almost every culture of the world? ravioli? pierogi?

i'm pretty sure even generic american white people food has some kind of dumpling, i hear people talk about "chicken and dumplings" anyway, although i think the dumplings in that case are pure dough

>not living in los angeles

because not everyone's a pathetic gookboo like you.

breh stop you are making me hungry

also i guess it's because I am Californian that dumplings were not a mystery to me?

>or san francisco

there's no way that you don't know about dumplings unless you're in stereotypical flyover, they're omnipresent in most eastern AND western cuisines

after all who hasn't eaten a pierogi or ravioli

every culture has a variant of savory fillings deep fried in dough

>deep fried

McGill once, McGill twice
holy fucking jesus christ
wham bam god damn
son of a bitch shit
three cheers for McGill
fuck fuck fuck
three cheers for fucking
McGill McGill Mcgill

gotta go get some dumplings now

fuck you/thank you for posting these pics

If they don't sell deep fried empanadas where you live, I feel sorry for you

Yeah I live in san fran and across the street is a dum sum place. I can't resist going there at least once a week.

>savory

>savory
>not ooh-mommy

what a fucking pleb
choke on a fat chorizo you shithead

In my area there is a few places I know you could drive to and be in and out in about 7mins during normal business hours... if that's not fast enough than I don't know

>white boy doesn't know that these places already exists

Nigga, go to your closest Yum Cha for lunch and you can eat all that shit. Stop eating fast food shit.

Just google Jamaica and dumplings and you'll find it in the first result.

The place the restaurant is located is a fucking food desert. Only fast food places around and filled with spanish speaking people and nignogs. There are people that works in the city and are familial with dumplings but they're the minority.

There are so many Chinese foods that ought to be popular but aren't that it makes me want to tear my hair out. Pic related is so fucking good and easy to make, I don't understand why no places will serve it. Every other cuisine makes a big fucking deal out of their pitas and flatbreads and naans, why are the chinese so bad at marketing.

>Not having at least one expected dish on you for menu to satisfy the plebs

If you're not making money you should compromise or risk alienating customers

Because they're fucking chinks, idiot. And everyone knows their food products are laced with genocidal level chemical residue. Grow up, it's not marketing.

Aren't pitas, flatbread, and naan baked? Scallion pancakes are fried so unless they're fresh to order they get really fucking greasy after a while.

Originally my parent's retarded business partners were against the idea because they thought the food will sell since the prices were cheap. It wasn't until we kicked them out where we modified the menu with a combo of chicken fried rice or lo mein (lots of fucking muslims and indians in the area) with dumplings and bak choy. That was last year and business is getting better.

My local fast food Chinese places do sell pork potstickers, though the menu just calls them dumplings and they don't sell any other kind of dumpling. They're okay. I have to make my own dipping sauce because the one they give me tastes like corn syrup.

Any flatbread I've ever made wasn't baked but cooked in a skillet. Not greasy though so they hold up.

Because dumplings are a fucking meme food and essentially a damn appetizer.

It is marketing, and koreans have been to market their one-dimensional food better than the chinese. Chinese food is trapped because people expect cheap, greasy food when they think of it. You think white girls wouldn't pay $10+ for pic related if they knew about it? Think again.

Scallion pancakes should be easy enough to cook fresh. Also there's this indian place I've been to that just pumps naan out at a steady rate, and they sell them fast enough so they're always fresh.

Historical belief that the Chinese are a superior race descended from a separate line of humans to everyone else, resulting in no desire to export culture.

There's no doubt in my mind that someone will eventually do it, but for now we all have to settle with shitty orange chicken.

I've eaten literally nothing but frozen dumplings for the last two weeks. Every single meal.
>tfw I can't afford oil to fry them crispy like I like them
at least I have soy sauce
ask me anything

Can't even afford oil? You poor dumb bastard... steaming or boiling them is healthier anyway

Amen, OP.

The day I discovered szechuan dumplings was the day I fell in love with REAL chinese cuisine. Every time I go back to that place I try something new and, even though none of the staff speak a word of english, they'll never forget my dumplings to go with it. I don't even have to ask for them anymore

>Living in Portland and Seattle had Dim Sum everywhere.
> MFW when moving back down South, and closest dim sum joint is 70 miles away.

why you want a chain son

there's a fat dumpling shack outside the korean market down the street from me, cheap and good as fuck

I dont actually want one im just surprised there isn't a chain on the level of panda express or something.

seems like a no brainer.

If I had the capital. I would open a copy of my favorite ramen place, from when I was in Japan. The woman that owned and operated it, made the best fucking pork gyoza.

There is a Pierogi place that serves mainly those with a few other Polish dishes if you want them, but they only have like 4 other entrées and 2 rotating soups.

Fucking delicious. They sell all varieties frozen. Pic related

If you go there to eat it takes maybe 10 minutes to wait on them, less if you get one with popular ingredients like potato and cheese.

As far as Asian dumplings go, there are a few places that have handmade dumplings (Vietnamese and Thai mainly), but you can't really choose the filling and their speciality is other entrées.

I would kill for a dim sum place close to me.

In flyover country, a dumpling is traditionally American-style biscuit dough that's been cooked in a soup. That isn't to say they don't know what Asian style dumplings are, but they're more likely to call them potstickers or, if they've got a shitty sushi place around, gyoza.

Chow beef noodles: dry or wet?

Crispy

>Get battered chicken nuggies
>cook them in oven
>cooked chicken on inside but dont let outside get chispy or hard
>dip it in soy sauce
Its like you fags cant even use your imagination.

do americans only eat at chain restaurants?

Can anyone share your favorite dumpling recipes?

I've made chicken+cabbage+spring onion dumplings and im satisfied with the result, but i feel something is missing

I was thinking about this. Chinese snack/dessert food is really easy and cheap to make. Pic related.

Din Tai Fung is the only closest thing to a dumpling franchise I can think of that is located in America.

Never had the fucking patience to wait in line to eat dumplings though.

>tfw someone gave me a 10% vip discount card for yum cha a year ago and I still haven't been

Also, dumplings (gyozas) are a popular sell at work though I only liked prawn which were unfortunately taken off the menu
Pic related

Also not very good

Our closest dumpling fast food chain is a local one called "dumpling king" in china town. it's been there for ages and it's pretty good, but the prices are rising slowly and I think it's going out of fashion for that reason, well that and the menu hasn't changed for years... Plus baos seem to be the rage now.

In Germany, most of the Chinese restaurants really go down in quality these days. Most of them are run now by Thai immigrants who simply don't care what and how they serve. A real Chinese restaurant is rarely to find.

I was not hungry before I clicked this thread. Now I'm starving

There's a local take out place that has incredible """""pork""""" dumplings. I've eaten them plenty but haven't had them in a while, I've read too many chinese take out horror stories.

Hory shit hnnng muh stomach

I had the wet ones in China, or at least something similar. It's somewhat weird, probably because I'm not used to it, but they were quite sticky and you could almost cut them in cubes and eat with a spoon
Pretty good tho
Note that all that beef sauce _really_ gets in those noodles, so it's a pretty heavy dish

What's the dark sauce that they serve with dumplings? I really like it.

we invented Hot Pockets, nigguh. We are well beyond dumplings as culture in terms of on demand.

nigger semen

Fuck that.. I'd be even fatter and more broke than I am now...

That's a pretty vague description, there's tons of different sauces for tons of different dumplings

soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
brown sugar.

There are several different tweaks depending on the dumpling, but at it's core it's what i posted.

hot pepper flakes, green onions and toasted sunflower oil can be added as well

Those dumplings are gas station tier.
Get the fuck out.

Frozen dumplings are literally the synonym of "frozen food" in Russia.

It's just soy sauce

Sure, if it's a shitty restaurant.

Where I worked we made the sauce from soy, sesame oil, rice vinegar and chili flakes.

I would kick a dog right in the ribcage for some dumplings right now

So British style dumplings then?

i would add ginger to that

There is a place here that does beef and chicken samosas and are cheap as hell.

I can't believe how long I went without eating these little fuckers.

There is a chain in sweden, seems to have restaurants in italy and france as well. Pretty ok for being fast food

beijing8.com/en/

Well if you worked at an authentic restaurant they wouldn't make the sauce for the customer, there would be a bottle of soy sauce, dark vinegar, and chilli oil on the table for the customers to mix themselves.

Not Australian aboriginal.

Does America not have these?

What's the place called? I'll pay you guys a visit

>Live in Japan for the past few years
>Access to all the best Chinese food, albeit less spicy than it should be for Japanese palates
>First thing I get when I visit the US is always either a turkey sub or orange chicken

American Chinese food is fucking delicious, its basically its own thing and anyone who can't appreciate that is just a white hipster

oo, I have never put brown sugar in my mix before, I do have the pepper flakes and green onion, but I use toasted sesame and garlic in mine.

I feel there's something else that I'm forgetting, but I just can't put my finger on ot right now.

Ginger!

I forgot about the ginger, which can be a huge thing. some ginger goes in the mix as well

Asian "dumplings" would be called by their Asian name, whatever that may be. Never "potstickers" only ever heard that on US TV shows.

Why are you going on the internet asking a bunch of nobodies instead of getting to work on market research for a business plan?

I'm fairly certain it's 'Beijing Dumpling House', though confirmation would be welcome.

That looks like some hipster shit. If I'm buying dimsum, I want to see at least a few cockroaches in the place.

>Why isn't there a dumpling fast food chain in western countries?

There's Dim Sumptuous, but it's only in select cities at the moment.

dumplings are one of the most universally known foods around

>living in los angeles
You couldn't fucking pay me to live there.

damn gotta learn how to make some of these

this is the most anthony bourdain lefty faggot tier comment ive ever seen

you can have cleanliness and good food. theyre not mutually exclusive

>user likes hole in the wall mom and pop shops
>another user interprets this to a be political lefty faggot tier comment

Huh? Does everything in your world reduce to political ideology? Suggest an intervention detox from breitbart and /pol/.

take me bae

Both are good, and both are widely available. Dumb white boy, stick to chicken nuggers.

Your post illustrates something telling. Most Americans have a preconceived notion of what dishes will be available at a Chinese place because Chinese American food is almost completely standardized. A chain that just did dumplings would confuse people.

But little independent dumpling joints do well in Chinatowns and just outside of them. And having a mostly Chinese customer base they sell them cheap. Most places near me sell 4 or 5 dumplings for $1 or $1.25. I don't think a chain joint can run on such small profit margins.