Will there ever be a way to combat prions?

Will there ever be a way to combat prions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion#Sterilization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no.

Read about them. They are incredibly nasty things. Misfolded PrP is ridiculously difficult to denature.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion#Sterilization

Unless we can develop an enzyme that can cleave these fuckers (unlikely given how well they are bonded together), I doubt there is much that can be done.

Recently I learn an old acquaintance of mine that I liked a lot has become a completely different person as of late. A neurologist that I know thinks he has a spontaneous prion disease. THAT IS FUCKING TERRIFYING. It could literally happen to any of us. Fortunaretly it is very rare, but once you show signs, you don't have long. I guess we will find out over the next couple years if he really has a prion disease or not. :'(

Don't talk bad about anyone's mother and maybe it wouldn't happen.

Ou my got, you are trying to syntehtyze more killing stuff again instead of getting book.

Synthetic nanomachines that can cross the BBB. They might have to resort to removing them mechanically, ie, latching on and pulling it to the kidneys, or somewhere else.

We don't even know the role of the native PrPc, knocked out mouse for the PrPc gene are fine, and this protein is well conserved in mamals.
Yes there will be a way one day, but there is not enough cases to warrant funding a solution at this time.

Criminal justice reform.

Ayyyy, this guy!

Considering how rare prion diseases are, i doubt there is much research going on.

You'd be surprised. The UK and Germany, to a lesser extent France, have an unknown portion of the population infected. They're just waiting for it to show.

Some people also have a genetic resistance and it's important to know how.

>be westerner
>get dick mutilated at birth
>contract prions
>get shot or ran over by a truck
lol what a ""society""

Neonatal circumcision is indeed a violation of medicine's most base ethical principles, and should have been banned years ago.

Incidence of prion disease in the US is fairly low and expected to remain that way. It's mostly an issue in Europe, because they were retarded by delusions of efficiency, in their own ways.

The US does have major social problems. We ought to just collapse like every other republic, and get it over with. This trash is not salvageable.

Guys I'm scared of prions, one little thing in my brain and my life is fucked, please don't remind me

The same could be said of any other disease

One wayward virus particle, one unfortunately situated bacterial colony, one atherosclerotic plaque in the wrong artery, one fast-replicating cell your immune system doesn't pick up on...

Prion disease may be rare but the underlying mechanism, amyloid plaque formation, plays a role in several more prevalent diseases such as Alzheimer's, Charcot-Marie Tooth, or Lou Gehrig's disease.

Preons are inside quarks.

And quark comes from tree bark.

Nukes? Nukes combat everything

Nanonukes, son.