Stupid teacher thread?

Stupid teacher thread?

>In high school bio class
>teacher introducing some basic chemistry
>multiple choice question: What is the smallest form of matter?
>A: a cell
>B: an Atom
>C: an electron
>D: a proton
>Answer proton because it's literally the smallest possible atom.
>Later on she says that this is wrong.
>"Well yes, technically it's the smallest, but it's more important to just understand the concept."

Other urls found in this thread:

education.jlab.org/qa/proelesize_01.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rNuEBngivKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping for interest.

it's electron you fucking dolt.

Dumb fuck its electron
education.jlab.org/qa/proelesize_01.html

fuck off underage b&

good idea for a thread with a piss poor OP

>he thought a proton was smaller than an electron

>>Answer proton because it's literally the smallest possible atom.
[citation needed]
Does your atom have an electron to go with that proton? (It's called Hydrogen)
Is your electron bigger than your proton?
Just curious

On the original quiz electron wasn't an answer. I only remember what I put down, atom, and the other two were filler that I just put in for the sake of having four answers. I didn't even realize that electron would have been more correct.

>what is the past.

>I only remember what I put down, atom, and the other two were filler that I just put in for the sake of having four answers.
edit for sake of clairity.
I only remembered proton, atom, and two filler answers that I filled in for the sake of clarity.

>I didn't even realize that electron would have been more correct.
PUT THE SHOVEL DOWN
The hole is deep enough

>highschool physics test
>Which has more rotational inertia?
>a full soda can or an empty soda can.

>answer empty because obviously an empty soda can will have less inertia.

>teacher scolds me for getting this wrong
>"user remember our experiment? The empty can took longer to roll down the ramp then the full one."
>Try to explain that the experiment would only apply if the cans had the same mass, which they wouldn't if these were standard soda cans.
>Even then acceleration while rolling down a ramp only relates to the moment of inertia rather than the actual inertia.
>Still doesn't buy it and tanks my class participation grade because she thinks I misunderstood the material.

>quote.
I can't fathom what you think is wrong with that statement.

>Which has more rotational inertia?
>picks the one that >>will have less inertia

Gj

> 8th grade
> physics
> teacher draws pic related
> claims that this is the relative vertical displacement of the center of a wheel when going over a bump
> point out that graph asymptotically approaches a value not equal to zero meaning the wheel is now stuck, "did the springs break or what?"
> teacher doesn't know wtf I'm talking about, it goes up and down what do you want
> everyone laughing about my stupidity
> dad is vehicle mechatronics engineer, teaches mechanics and stuff
> happens to have distance sensor at work
> they literally use it to see if the springs / dampers are working correctly by attaching the sensor above the axle, then driving over a bump or just pushing down on the car
> school holidays
> go to dad's work
> we do the entire experiment
> printout of axle displacement over time confirms that my thought was correct, and the displacement returns to 0 after the impulse (hurr durr)
> bring printout to teacher
> derp hurr that's what I drew
No it fucking wasn't you stupid fuck.
He was fired a couple years later because he was a kiddy fiddler. Meanwhile I'm becoming an engineer.

the array IS wrong

Bad thread.

So far it's just the anons posting the stories that are retarded

>Meanwhile I'm becoming an engineer.
My condoleances

Wow, how did that detail escape me for so many years? What the fuck? I am shocked

It's not too bad, you just have to stay on your toes, or rather knees, and keep up with the cock sucking exercises.

At least some children suffered in this dumb story

>10th grade algebra II
>Asked to show my work
>I just do a simple proof
>"that's not how we want you to show your work, user"
>explain my proof, not mad, just trying to show what I was thinking
>"hm yes that would be right but again, it's not what I was looking for"

Okay.

typo.

> High school
> Teacher says skydiver goes up when the parachute opens
> Everyone acknowledge but my friend
> Friend says it's physically impossible
> Teacher goes mad, says that we must respect his authority (yes, like Cartman) and his knowledge
> After everyone left, my friend talked to the teacher, explaining why the skydiver can't go up and would probably die if he did
> The day after, same teacher, class divided in two groups at different times
> Teacher profusely apologizes to my friend, twice (once per group).
> All is forgiven (seriously, it was a nice apology, and we respected him more from then).

>Teacher comes into class really late every day
>Like literally 5-10 minutes late.
>Eventually all the students start to take advantage of this and come in 5-10 minutes after class is supposed to start.
>Somehow the teacher starts getting 10 minutes late after the new unofficial start time for the class.
>Once again the students pick up on this, teacher once again comes in even later.
>By the end of the term. Class is only about 20 minutes long instead of the intended hour.
>This wasn't even a public school, private.
>I start getting annoyed with the 40 minutes of waiting between classes and the incredibly short lectures which end up being rambling and incomplete.
>Eventually I just give up and skip class one day.
>After that everyone starts leaving class to go have a free period.
>No one cares. Teacher stops showing up.
>Term ends, Senior year so no finals.
>Every student gets an A.
>Teacher retires.
>We all got away with it.

It's a shame since English is usually a really fun class that takes no effort anyway.

What I did not appriciate, as some seem to have related with their stories, were the teachers who couldn't acknowledge that they were wrong. Seemed like such a stupid thing to not do just to assert your power and supperiority, which i assumed they otherwise would feel be undermined. Don't have a specific science class example our teacher in religion (yes we have that here) in religion made a statement about the history of christianity or something that was factually wrong, and when i pointed it out in a non-dick way he hade a semi huge fit. Didn't take the agurment because it was abviously important to him that his authority wasn't undermined eventhough he probably knew he was wrong or got insecure.

I once had a teacher that said the Philippines was a member of the Soviet Union.

She was a nice teacher but sometimes she says things like this and we just keep quiet and smile.

what? how the fuck did they want you to show your work then?

It was, briefly

She was right and you are ignorant

>we just keep quiet and smile

It's sideways :^)

quite a few stories:

> Be 17, kick out of school because noise bomb (joke got out of hand)
> Had to be at a crappy place for the rest of the last school year.
> "Physics" teacher is discussing inertia.
> Suddenly starts claiming that to bodies accelerate at different rate.
> I am "the fuck?", "Sorry prof, but Galileo showed that that's not true"
> The idiot laughs. "You know, a rock hits you harder than a rubber ball"
> "You are confusing how hard is an object with how fast it hits you"
> Starts laughing "I am an engineer, you know."

Yeah, you are an engineer, that has to give physics classes in a shitty school. The idiot even complained to the Principal, who called me. I had to explain who fucking Galileo was!

if you want more stories, just ask

but an electron isn't matter, matter mus have Protens and ElEcTrOnS, maybe even sum neutraltons as too.

Idiot, Protons are what make big muscles mass, and E equals m c ■ so photons are what I post on Instagram

actually nothing has mass because everything is made of quarks which are point particles :^)))

>Dumb physics teacher
>doing an experiment on heat with thermometers
>she puts a lighter right under a lobg lab thermometer
>places it in cold water inmeadtly after
>the poor thing completely shatters
>Mercury spilled all over the floor

Shes just that dumb. I have more stories about her

>be me in lit
>""""disecting"""" poems
>I go up to the board to underline "they tortured the poem" so show that it's personification
>hamplanet goes and erases it and says that it's not a personification
>I explain that since you're torturing a poem, you're describing it as living therefore it is personification
>she says no and basically says something along the lines of "who has a master's degree in English?"
>whole class laughs
>I fucking hate normies

Teacher thought you listened when he explained what you were supposed to do.
Teacher thought you were watching as he made several examples on the blackboard.
Teacher thought you understood when he asked if there were any questions and you said nothing.

He was right in not bothering to explain it once more at that point.

no

>they tortured the poem

That is a metaphor. Nigga, I am studying mathematics and I don't even respect literature and yet I know more than you about it,

You guys may not believe this but my physics teacher in high school was basically autistic, she asked me and my friend how to cross multiply the time dilation equation. Any type of physics question you asked her she would avoid it then ramble on about something else. Still the worst teacher i have had to this day.

>11 or 12 years old
>learning about the solar system
>"fuck yea this is my shit I read all the astronomy books"
>teacher asks us to draw the earth, moon and sun and their relative orbits and axis of spin
>I draw the moon orbiting the earth while spinning on its axis
>teacher says no that is wrong
> I offer to prove it with a simple physical experiment with a tennis and basketball
>She wont have it and just continues to tell me I am wrong and respect her teaching in front of the whole class

Fuck I hated that cunt.

This sounds like you modeled the moon to spin on it's own axis when the moon is tidally locked.

>chem class in prep year, private school with german as a language
>chem teacher and does literally nothing but shout at us the entire class because of one idiot
>i have all those cool ideas i wanted to discuss
>she makes me lab supervisor when she isn't in class or late, because of my experience in lab
>she's late to class, just sitting on her chair with a labcoat, letting the class have fun
>she comes in late, the experiments begin
>the class knows im responsible, so one nigger just spills some muriatic acid to ground
>after class, i also have to clean the tubes and the petri dishes
>teacher notices muriatic acid on ground
>scolds me for 10 minutes
>never get to discuss ideas, be her lab slave for the year and do the paperwork she doesn't do
>she even cuts my class participation
at least biology class was cool

It still spins on its axis though doesn't it?

No, it's stuck always showing the same side to the earth. It does not spin at all.

Yes, it spins almost in sync with its trip around the earth, which makes it seem like the moon is not spinning.

omg....
if it didnt spin then we would see all sides of the moon you moron.
Its rotational period is the same as its orbit around the Earth which is why we only see one side. An object which spins at the same speed as its orbit is tidally locked but it still spins on its axis.

whoops

its ok, here have a moon.

Since the earth is flat, is the moon flat as well ?

It's electron, dunceton

it's a hologram bro

Holy fuck that image triggers me.
You can tell the stupid bitch is just looking at the solutions manual, and has no fucking clue how to do basic math. The pink ink is fucking obnoxious.

but is it a 2D hologram ?

>taking calc 2
>professor gives a convergence problem on an exam
>always try the P test on convergence problems
>it works
>get back the exam
>no points for that question
>ask him why
>tells me the p test doesn't work here
>tell him it does
>he asks me to come to office hours
>he spends 40 minutes doing some crazy fucking proof on his board and eventually concludes that it does indeed converge and that the p method is a valid approach for this
>maybe next time user you should use more rigor
>only gave me partial credit after all that

I want to point out that he was actually a great professor but I'm just still mad as a fuck about this.

Doesn't matter when you are some of the few with cash on hand in the age of poor

This isn't real, it's far too stupid

You're partially correct and you're teacher is terrible for not explaining that

Bro you were totally cucked by your teacher

Do tell

ITT: highschoolers do dumb shit that they feel they were right about.

>no specification on mass of can when empty or full

>Biology class
>teacher asks for the cause of muscle fever (aka Delayed onset muscle soreness)
>give answer of microtrauma and inflammation effects
>gives me a confused look
>claims I'm wrong and goes on about hurrdurr lactate
>tell him I've read the research and that's really outdated BS
>he insists he's right anyway

what this guy saidIt would only be a personification if the poem was torturing somebody, because you are giving him human abilities or 'personificating' it

Fuck off m8, people like you are the reason everyone thinks engies are only in it for the money.
I love my field, I love implementing existing shit into new systems and coming up with workarounds when, not if, nothing works. I love inventing new stuff.
And I sure as hell enjoy sucking cock.

An electron is not matter since it doesn't have a volume.

>"who has a master's degree in English?
obviously you hadnt. you were wrong

>always try the P test on convergence problems
P test?

Stick your penis in it.

>be in entry level college biology class
>professor is talking about the "theory" of evolution
>"It is important to note that in science, the word theory means something different.... blah blah blah evolution is basically a known fact"
>raise my hand
>"Yes user?"
>"I'd just like to point out - if evolution were true, why haven't any other species evolved the ability to talk?"
>"W-what do you mean?"
>"Well, it seems that if this 'theory' were true, there would be countless other species by now which evolved high intelligence and the ability to communicate"
>"I'm sorry user, I don't think you fully understand how evolution works."
>"No, I think it's YOU who doesn't understand how flawed this 'theory' is."

Needless to say the professor was flabbergasted. I dropped that class the next day. I find it hard to believe any biologist knows what the fuck they're talking about - particularly given the quality of their professors.

I bet you felt euphoric after that moment. Not because of some phony scientist's shared knowledge. But because you are enlightened by your intelligence.

nice b8 m8

Quality post.

This has to be bait.

You're an idiot. Electrons are much smaller than protons.

Kek

>Electrons have no volume
Vs.
>We approximate electrons as point particles because their volume is insignificant error.

I bet you think gases actually obey the Ideal gas law too.

your teacher most definitley has a master's in english, but has no business being a teacher, because that is a completley understandable mistake that should've been explained to you

>7th grade
>fractions quiz
>given fraction, have to represent as picture
>decide to be smartass
>represent 3/4 as a circle with a quarter shaded in
>write below it "3/4 of the circle is white"
>repeat for the rest of quiz
>fail
>dispute, told i should have done it "the way it was taught"

How were you supposed to represent it?

Why didn't you just tell the fuck to clean it or be reported? It's not like he knows what your position entails exactly.

>I bet you think gases actually obey the Ideal gas law too.

t. Goodell

I guess shading the 3/4, not the other way

By high school I had already learned that all those answers are wrong.

What the fuck is with your education system?

only teaching people "what they need to know" and then making them unlearn it as soon as they have interest in the subject and want to continue it

this is bait because >"w-what do you mean?"

however this is related and an interesting watch
youtube.com/watch?v=rNuEBngivKU

tl;dr people who receive hardcore private religious schooling in US don't simply ignore everything thats in science books. They receive special 'science' books that contain misinformation. Their entire lives they are never confronted with people that have a different viewpoint. Only in the moment that they appear on the bill o'reilley show they for the first time hear somebody say something that doesn't fit their world view, and are convinced that the entirely of the scientific community has young earth creationists in every country that all purport that the earth is 6000 years old. Which is why 'your facts aren't true go read books' doesn't work on them since they believe the books support them.

Classical Mechanics - Undergraduate
>lecture on Dampened SHM
>shows us an example of a damped SHM differential equation
>professor tells us to write down the derivation given some conditions
>says to verify by taking first and second derivatives and plugging them into d.e.
>he runs off
>starts moving lab equipment
>screeching tables
>this method is fucking stupid
>use the characteristic equation
>TA walks around
"you're not doing it right"
>yeah I am
"you need to take first and second derivatives"
>no sorry, I think my method is correct
"Please come to the discussion sessions."
>fucker
>show prof later
"yes yes you're absolutely correct , would you like a special assignment user?
>get really excited, nod in approval
>he starts walking to the auditorium building
>enter
>people are setting up chairs for some event.
"these kinds of projects help build character user"
>walks away, ask volunteer how I can help.
>set up chairs for about 40 min
>think about what prof said

I'm not stupid... He's stupid

>in advanced algorithms and complexity class
>had been skipping class for several weeks because it's too easy
>decide to come one day
>teacher presents the P=NP problem
>raise my hand and say the solutions are P=0 or N=1
>awkward silence
>teacher tells me to leave the room
I ended up failing his class because he was too pretentious to admit I was right. Ego has no place in the classroom.

hahahaha

>high school physics
>teacher says some Chemical compounds doesn't have all 3 states of matter
>sounds like bullshit, so I ask for example
>alcohol never freezes, she says

This is why it disgusts me that my university offers both science degrees and teaching degrees.

The equivalent for my mathematics degree at the education faculty takes the equivalent of calculus one in the 5th semester. It is truly a disgrace.

However, I am not surprised. There is obviously a cancerous culture that pretends like teaching is easy and anyone can do it well, which is why staff is barely ever fired for bullshit like what you describe.

This is some top tier bait. Good job user.

>religious people
>acknowledge they were wrong
top kek m8

>Every story sounds like bullshit and ends with the teacher speaking out an appeal to authority
Sounds like some people ITT are salty they never finished their own degree

>not leaving right then and there
lol cuck

savage

>>set up chairs for about 40 min
lol your a fucking loser

>she
say no more

> Exam of microeconomics, get full marks
> after the teacher has confirmed my mark i say: "Excuse me, can I ask for an explanation?"
> – Yeah, sure –
> "Why is [math]P_0-\Delta P[/math] in [math](P_0-\Delta P)(Q_0+\Delta Q)[/math] considered the new price if the price must go down and the quantity increase?"
> – user, I'm not following you –
> "Pardon, I'll write it down: if the price at the time zero is 60 $ and the one at time one is 50 $ using this method you get this result
[eqn]P_0-\Delta P=10[/eqn]
[eqn]60-\Delta P=10[/eqn]
[eqn]10=\Delta P[/eqn]
[eqn]10=P_1-60[/eqn]
[eqn]70=P_1[/eqn]
> "This method doesn't give us the true new price so it's incorrect"
> – user, I'm not following you –
> others attempts to explain the problem to him
> – Look, I've just decided that [math]\Delta P=P_0-P_1[/math], but yes, the method that you showed me it's more correct. But why did you have to go to such lengths for this? –
> I make some jokes trying to restrain myself from telling him that in the same equation the delta has two opposite meaning and that is bullshit
Mind you, he is a good teacher and a nice person to talk to, but he really sucks at maths.

I bet you don't even know what the graphic represents.
>duh yes I do, it's the literal movement of the wheel going up and down
kys
You were born, that's stupid.
ITT: We pretend to outsmart our high school teachers by going full Texas mode om them.