Who is the greatest thinker of our times?

Who is the greatest thinker of our times?

Other urls found in this thread:

orgyofthewill.net/
youtu.be/CVf5-mHY-hA?t=4m47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm pretty sure it's me.

Rocco Gangle is up there.

Have you been on a Russell Brand binge for the past couple days like I have? Should I check out his book Revolution?

Zygmunt Bauman

It make me sick knowing that people actually listen to this man.

Richard Dawkins.

I'm pretty sure it's not

But you are still one away from trips so nice

Russell.

Bertrand... Russell.

Peter Hitchens
Milo Yiannapolus
Donald Trump
Stefan Molyneux

to be perfectly honest, its charles eisenstein
and thats a simple fact

it certainly isnt russell brand tho

/thread

>it certainly isnt russell brand tho
Glad you said it. Otherwise, we'd have been in doubt

Jeremy Corbyn

Nigel Farage

>no Dugin
>no Sowell
you're not welcome here at /pol/

moot

The only notable thing he ever did in his entire life was make this website.

>Veeky Forums
>notable

Un4chanately it is.

Tai Lopez, you fucking mongoloids.

Hahahaha, no. He's an absolute idiot. Occasionally funny but still an idiot.

That retard peddles the perfect ideology of the power elite.
Dont get involved. Its all a con so dont get involved. Dont try to organise. Dont try to change things. Just be passive. Pat yourself on the back being so smart in seeing its all a con. But remain passive and disconnected. Just let them continue doing what they are doing.

I hope I'm getting trolled. I'm going to bait

He's the biggest fucking shill there is. Baiting people, claiming transcendancy while being a part of the political machine himself.
If you're reading him, you're literally a babby. Go change your diapers.

>Molyneux
>thinker

I'd be surprised if even one of them is capable of thinking.

So Dougin and Sowell are what people at pol consider good? I mean it's not like I had expectations but somehow I'm still disappointed.

Neil Degrasse Tyson
Bill Nye
Zizek
Keemstar

Kanye West and this man: orgyofthewill.net/

Peter Hitchens is best Hitchens

All of these responses are such bait, but it has gotten me thinking about the fact that I'm either too unaware to think of any notable intellectuals of our time, or there really aren't many.

I deleted all of my Peter Hitchens reaction images. Feels bad, man.

Although I don't agree, this is at least a reasonable attempt among all this bait.

wow chomsky was hot as fuck

Ta Nehisi Coates
Laurie Penny
Tim Wise

Rogan

>Ta-Nehisi Coates
>not Marlon James

Bleusguy Robert johnson #greatestmodernthinker

>implying

Mark Manson

Pook

>british tv personalities

muh "telly"

Fuck Russel Brand. Post-addict eastern-philosophy bullshit artist. Hope Katy Perry gave him aids.

Richard Feynman is pretty solid

noam chomsky

He's pretty dead mate.

Why does Veeky Forums hate him so much?

Sam Harris

cause of christfags and also because he's a leftist and also because they deem him not philosophically profound enough, which is the only criticism i agree with

Douglas Hofstadter or John McDowell
i say this largely because i have come to the conclusion that philosophy is dead. there is no beauty or meaning in the world everything is just a series of physical actions and reactions that will eventually run out of energy and die

One of the very few, actually entertaining, comedians left.

What are your opinions on Russell Brand. Even if you don't agree with his politics, you have to admit he's pretty socially calibrated. His wit is out of this world.

ho-hum

Is G.E.B. worth my time?

MT Berlinger

because he's defrauding disillusioned public for personal glory and satisfaction.

youtu.be/CVf5-mHY-hA?t=4m47s

He should be automatically given an American citizenship though functionally he's already a proud American so what's the point.

shit, this was meant for Russell Brand

Chomsky is the best example I've seen so far.

In reality I think it's probably David Chalmers.

I really do like Sam for his ability to spell out complicated problems in a way any idiot can comprehend. He's a good presenter. He's very good at staying on track and maintaining a tight economy of words. He is one of the most competent debaters alive today.

However, his range is very narrow and his thought is pretty shallow. He doesn't get much strikingly obviously horrible wrong, but he simplifies things to the point of absurdity at times. He tends to be such a reductionist scientific naturalist. Also, while he comes to acceptable conclusions with his ethics, his brand of easy "scientific" consequentialism is for the birds.

Who is this man?

Sam Hyde, he did a talk about making it as an artist and the inconvenient anime.

Karl Pilkington.

because he is both smart and popular

He is, but that does not matter since both of them are shit.

Nah. It's because of his total disregard for philosophy and his embrace of naive scientific realism. He literally said in The Selfish Gene that all of philosophy befor Dawkins is best forgotten.

I thought Sam Harris was Sam Hyde and as a result your post was hilarious to me.

They're not even remotley similar. Dugin the Nationalist anti-capitalist and Sowell the Neoliberal American supremicist

Step it up you absolute plebeians

>Laurie Penny
Kek

Chomsky should stick to linguistics, his political opinions are shit tier.

>Laurie Penny

Not that cunt

Anonymous, his collected works are really something

The most amazing one, of course.

Judith Butler
Edward Said
Jürgen Habermas
David Harvey

he's the leading cause of fedora tipping

whose political opinons aren't shit tier then?

Seriously. This guy is a true thinker, and doesn't just ramble on-and-on about the bullshit du jour on social media debate panels. His ideas are relevant, simple, and well thought-out.

>Some propositions are so dangerous that it may be ethical to kill people for believing them.

Probably Russell Brand. Have you listened to the man? He's a genius!

Gas Cuntism is the most important contemporary movement.

>Tim Wise
more like tim dumb HAHA GOT EM

Its Roger Scruton you pinko degenerates. Now go listen to Wagner

I also want to know this

chomsky and that quantum physicist guy

Grigori Perelman

it's the best opinions we've got

Donald Trump

He shouldn't, Chomsky hasn't been superseded so hard in linguistics it would be like comparing Alchemy to Chemistry.

Obviously me since I create the world around me. I didn't need to tell you that since you probably already know.

There hasn't been many people who have created entire subdisciplines and saw them taught in their own lifetime.

An actual honest response wow!
+1 for Habermas