Any suggestions?

i've read these guys, i'd more call them naturalists

i am interested in redpilling myself on modern issues of environmentalism

Maybe deep ecology in general.

>redpill

Kill yourself

it's a convenient term

Counterculture Green, Andrew Kirk

It's a history of environmentalism in US from ~1950 on.

There aren't any. Environmentalism is silly. If you're genuinely interested in the subject just pick up a textbook on environmental economics. The rest is just primitivist circlejerking to fevered visions of the garden of eden.

Ishmael will seem deep as fuck if you haven't read anything on Anarcho-Primitivism yet

i am not looking for philosophy but more an overview of the scientific landscape for environmental problems

i am interested in the truth behind global warming, deforestation, the oil crisis etc. the arguments from all different sides, the statistics etc.

i am open to reading a textbook if yall could reccomend one

this looks good, i'll look into this

We're talking about estimates with an insufficient understanding of how everything on our planet truly interacts; There is no "truth" we can meaningfully find. If you want to dig through all the arguments and scientific findings, that's one thing, just don't expect to find objective truth

i can accept that

Can Life Prevail?

>this looks good, i'll look into this
It shares some points with this episode of Adam Curtis' All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace
vimeo.com/groups/96331/videos/80799352

Though the book delves more deeply into things and focuses more on the Bay Area and other things not included in Curtis' version, the program's worth a watch if you're looking for a history of ecosystems and to see what kinds of things started off the overall idea internationally. Some pieces overlap but not enough to spoil the book.

interesting, I watched this documentary some time ago
I think adam curtis is a better entertainer than educator, but i recall the episode discussing our misunderstanding of nature as always returning to a point of equilibrium as being particularly thought provoking

>curtis is a better entertainer
He's a propagandist. An enjoyable propagandist, but still a propagandist; not everyone catches on that he gives such good criticisms of propaganda because he is one, so I'm glad I don't have to explain that you need a pinch of salt with his work.

I usually look up anyone or any event he mentions which I find interesting to get a less biased view after, which is how I found Counterculture Green. I don't know if he ripped shit from it, or the overlap is unintentional, but the book is good for any of the bits set in/near California in the episode, and you could probably check up his sources on the balance of nature idea etc by googling the names involved. Like I said, the book does delve more deeply into things, and it's a good idea to double check his shit always.

so you're saying ayn rand caused the computers to enslave us, right?

yes, but it's not her fault because she was infected by her trapperkeeper and accidentallied cybernetic immortality.

Silent Spring
The World Without Us
The Peregrine

JG Ballard's early environmental disaster novels

Alwin Seifert his writings on biological fertilizer and compost in particular are pretty good desu.