Went to the doctor for a checkup

>Went to the doctor for a checkup
>Elevated blood pressure
>Gotta get it down!

I've been eating fruits, veggies, beans, eggs, yogurt, and oatmeal since I visited the doctor last week, and it's getting boring. Recommend me some nutritious recipes Veeky Forums, preferably low in sodium!

I made huevos rancheros this evening and they were filling while also tasty, any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWASUMMQjj8
healthyeating.sfgate.com/dangers-much-potassium-body-4817.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you ever let them put you on blood pressure medicine you will be on it for the rest of your life. start exercising (weightlifting) to get it down

This.
In one month of lifting my blood pressure went from 151 over 93 to 132 over 62

just stop eating salt
get your salt shaker off the table and go for a run a few times a week

Loose weight.

>Loose

LENTILS ERRYDAY

fuck that, salt is awesome

just stop eating processed food

what is this cartoon?

it sucks ass

exercise
no soda
cut out fried foods
make sure you don't take caffiene before measuring your blood pressure, it will raise it by around 10 points.

This is the opposite of good advice. Most of your salt comes from processed food. Cut the processed food out and use your own salt shaker so you don't go nuts and actually achieve something.

OP here, it's Heathcliff.

I have lentils too, they're a bit boring by themselves though.

I've been avoiding salt and processed foods.

I have been exercising every day since I went to the doctor, cut out all sodas, alcohol, and caffeine, and haven't eaten anything fried.

My doctor stressed drinking enough water that I can read a newspaper through my dick. I've gotten up to a gallon a day this week and there's still a faint yellow tinge to it, this is ridiculous
don't listen to doctors, they set standards too high.

>preferably low in sodium

Season your foods with spices.

Garlic, ginger, chili peppers, cumin, black pepper, and a myriad of other spices are far more delicious than salt.

Then you're pretty much in the clear. Just keep your intake of processed foods, cured meats, anything pickled, etc to responsible levels, and you will have no problems. Chances are, like most people, you were consuming these things to ridiculous excess before.
You can keep seasoning anything else with salt as you normally would. Getting ~1500mg of sodium daily is good for you. The golden rule of everything diet-related: don't skimp on flavor, just consume in moderation.

delicious delicious glasses of water and an ounce of self control. go see a fucking nutritionist, track what foods you eat (caloric intake, macro nutrient breakdown, sodium levels etc), and start building your life around eating better. you don't get healthy again by eating "good" for a week or two or a month or two. you fix your fucking habits for LIFE.

You know salt and sugar is essential for human survival, right?

Back in the medieval ages, knights were sometimes paid with salt.

In fact, our ancestors probably used salt way more than we do today because refrigerators didn't exist back then and during winter, people actually were forced to stay home all day since you can't exactly farm or hunt during the winter.

You can kill yourself if you drink too much water, you know.

Several Frats have shut down and members disciplined or expelled or jailed when their hazing rituals involved drinking water in extreme amounts.

And pee is suppose to contain tinges of yellow.

Soldiers weren't ever paid in salt, for obvious reasons.

Soldiers did however receive a salt allowance but it was more of a bonus, a bit like getting a lease car or free coffee at your office.

>26 yo
>eat healthy
>veggies, fruit, lentils, low sodium ect
>exercise every day
>no smoking, barely drink alcohol
>get enough sleep

>go to doctor
>cholesterole is fucked
>high bp
>heart arrhythmia

why ;_;

salmon with white garlic sauce cream cheese scallions and maybe some diced jalapeno sounds bomb actually

Shitty genetics.

How to lentils:
Mix lentils with:
>caramelized onions (dont overcook em you mongrel)
>mushrooms
>you can add diced veggies to your liking
>canned corn
>fine herbs for a hint of taste
Cover with sweet potatoes, mashed to a creamy consistence.
Bake in oven around 420 degrees Fahrenheit, for 20 minutes tops

WALA

Forgot to say, some sprinkled smoked paprika powder on top of the tatoes is good

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWASUMMQjj8

I have had problems with kidney stones so I need to drink a lot of water. Unless you're really really small one gallon a day isn't dangerous.

>29
>eat like shit, but good amount of veg
>overweight, don't exercise but decently physical job
>don't smoke but I drink beer and whiskey every single weekend, and some weekdays
>I get maybe 4 hours of sleep

>go to the doctor
>perfect health, aside from a big of weight

:3

i heard blog posting rasies blood pressure. but it think thats for the reader.

unless your blood pressure is high enough you are at risk for stroke/heart attack there is no point avoiding salt, you're just going to piss it out in 30 minutes anyway

Put some dry flake yeast on everything you eat.

>35
>eat healthy 15% of the time and shitty as hell the rest of the time
>havent exercised in years
>smoke two packs a day minimum
>drink more in a week than most people do in one or two months
>forget what a good nights sleep feels like

>go to doctor
>lie about all the above obviously but there are tests
>in the 80th percentile in all the results
>that means I am better than 80% of the people my age
>still feel like shit because obviously

I really wonder what life would be like if I took care of myself...

Eat more red meat for arginine,

>STOP EATING SALT OMG GUYS IT WILL CURE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE

kys faggots salt intake is not the cause of your high BP. You are probably dehydrated 90% of the time which causes your body to retain sodium to try and stay as hydrated as possible. You have to drink more water OP try getting a 1L bottle and keep it next to you at all times. Aim to drink 2-4l a day depending on the local temperature and your activity level. A good sign of your body being hydrated enough is when you pee clear or very light yellow piss at least 5x a day.

My blood pressure is very low, and I often feel dizzy standing up quickly.
I am 22.
Should I eat more salt?

WHAT YOU NEED IS NOT TO GET YOUR MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A FUCKING INTERNET COOKING BOARD YOU FUCKING DONKEY.

>a gallon of water
Holy fucking shit that's too much. I know a lot of gym goers that like to drink a gallon a day, but there's no need for that. 3 liters should be solid.

Besides, water intake can come from food as well, hence why doctors stress fruits+veggies.

Don't fall for the salt meme. Eat more potassium and get checked for deficiencies at the doctors.

OP here, I went back to the doctor's office for a followup appointment. BP is down from what it was, but it's still elevated.

I've been using CRON-O-Meter to track my eating and I've been doing a good job keeping my eating healthy. Do you guys have any recommendations for potassium rich foods?

I'm having trouble hitting my daily potassium target even with potassium rich foods like spinach, lentils, yogurt, carrots and kale. Should I swap out some of my veggies for bananas?

Ignore this falseflagging shill. Definite marketer for either McDonalds or Taco Bell or maybe even Burger King.

>'I-I-I ate perfectly healthy and still have high cholesterol!!! Maybe all this nutritious food isn't worth it and I should just have a nice McChicken™, it can't be much worse! Get yourself down to McDonalds™ today and pick up a couple! Add our delicious fries to your daily diet too! Can't hurt!'

MODS DO YOUR GOD DAMNED FUCKING JOBS

>A GALLON IS WAY TOO MUCH WATER
>.7 LITERS SHY OF A GALLON IS MUCH MORE APPROPRIATE

Chron o meter sucks ass. Use my fitness pal. It's got literally every product. Just scan the barcode and enter your serving size if you want. It tracks everything.

How to boost potassium

Why is Garfield retarded? Did the artist have a stroke?

I found out I was basically addicted to salt when I was told to cut it out on doctor's orders
literally everything that's been processed in even the slightest way contains salt
After a while, I found out crushed and dried bay leaf and celery leaf spice bland saltless dishes up quite a bit

Do you like Marmaduke better?

oh i am laffin'

what the fuck

It is extremely difficult to drink water to the point of toxicity.
The only people who have to worry about this are stimulant junkies.
Clear pee is nothing to worry about.

Bananas

replace salt with low sodium salt or potassium supplement, or bananas.

>potassium supplement

Aren't potassium supplements potentially extremely dangerous?

>if you ever let them put you on blood pressure medicine you will be on it for the rest of your life.

This is almost guaranteed. The medication will cause you to gain weight, which will require an increase in meds, which will cause you to gain weight...

Diet, exercise, reduce salt, limit alcohol, stop smoking, etc.

I think you can get really sick if you take too much potassium or zinc

>Taking more than 18 grams of potassium per day can cause this mineral to accumulate, as can kidney failure or diuretic use, according to the Linus Pauling Institute

healthyeating.sfgate.com/dangers-much-potassium-body-4817.html Yikes

Half a glass of wine (100ml) or a tall glass of beer (250ml) with every meal.