What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on food touching the ground?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on food touching the ground?

It makes me sad, especially if love went into preparing it.

It all depends

Typically, I probably won't eat anything that's been on the ground for longer than a minute or two. Depending on the texture of the food my Decision will change.

E.g. I won't eat a piece of pizza if it hits dirt, unless I'm super hungry, there is nothing else around and I didn't get much dirt on it. Grass or rock or a clean indoor surface won't stop me though.

Same for potato chips/something not so moist, it all depends on how much gunk got on the food.

I suppose unless I see it, it isn't dirty in my mind.

In that same vein, I would never eat something off a bathroom floor, even if there aren't visible debris on the food.

I wouldn't drink a slurpie off my kitchen floor, but I would a beer.

I could go on and on but this question is getting increasingly tedious.

I'd eat that loaf of bread if I was the one who dropped it, even a few hours later, most likley.

I would not eat that afterwards, too moist

I don't eat anything that's touched the floor or ground

That's what I said about your mum.

But would you eat food off the ground? Please, keep it thread related

Oh, you're a troll.

Dry food I just pick up. Wet food needs to be thrown away. People who think dry food is contaminated are over-sensitive millennial sissies.

Yes I said "millennial" on purpose.

What makes you think that? Are you retarded? I'm not even OP

>t. An individual with a wide variety of flora incubating within his biosphere.

Hey, they're all the little animals too. If they live off you, consider the fact that you've done your duty as a proper host.

So get this. 1-2 a year I apply scotch tape to my asshole when I wake up in the morning. Then I put the tape, doubled over, into a bag and go to my doctor. I've never had pinworms!

I also eat blue rare steak.

Maybe you're just a child?

I ate a boiled egg I dropped on my kitchen floor today. Just rinsed it off. Would never serve that to anyone else, or eat it if it fell on someone else's floor though. It's different when it's my place and the type of food involved. A boiled egg is easy to get dirt off of.

Define millennial.

>apply scotch tape to my asshole when I wake up in the morning

One thing I'm certain is, I'd rather be anything that didn't do that, for god's sake.

3 seconds rule

7 second rule

12 second rule

I mean, some people eat out of the garbage.

How bad could the floor be for a few seconds?

I'll eat anything I dropped. I once ate an ice cream cone after it fell on an ant mound. I gently brushed off the critters and went back to enjoying my summer day.

are you bill murray

They only eat stuff they find in sealed packages user

Bump, this is an important topic.

you have 5 seconds before the germs on the floor realize what happened and mobilize to conquer the food in question

it depends where it fell and the item in question. i generally don't feel bad eating a dry food off of a relatively clean surface. i would not eat anything off of a visibly dirty surface or the ground outside, and i would never eat a fallen moist item

Question for the degenerates in this thread:

If you eat food off of the floor, do you also eat food after its expiration date?