Eggnog

Have you dipped into the nog yet? I'm on my 2nd carton, mixing it up with brandy. I always forget how cheap brandy is.

fuck no, i hate that shit

Eggnog is fucking disgusting

Eggnog is delicious, but leave out the alcohol and cut it about 1/3 eggnog to 2/3 milk...

Eggnog gives me a stomach ache.

I make it from scratch every year for Christmas. This year I made a full batch in the beginning of October that I'm aging (with alcohol in it obviously) to mix with a fresh batch nearer to Christmas. I add Jim Beam to my nog because the original recipe was from an old Jim Beam bottle. Some things have changed but I still add Jim Beam to keep tradition.

I also did the math a week or so ago to figure out how many calories my recipe contains, and discovered that a 12oz glass contains roughly 1,390 calories so I'm not going to drink ANY of that shit this year.

Got a brand you can recommend? I went to get some and they had like 10 brands. I went with some generic sounding one that wasn't amazing.

I fucking love egg nog. It feels a little too early for me, though. I'm gonna try making my own this year. If I whip up something good I might share the recipe with the bar I work at.

>always buy a couple cartons when they sell it around jesusmas time
>forget that it's supposed to be used to be blended with booze and drink it straight

I might have a slight sugar addiction

I'm waiting for it to actually get below 60 degrees before I start winter stuff
t. Texas

Eggnog is gross and it should be tossed into the harbor like tea in the colonial era.

eggnog is my weakness, I have to limit myself whenever stores start stocking it. usually stick to less than a gallon for the whole season

I used to eat cinnamon toast crunch with eggnog instead of milk when I was a kid

I just go with hood golden eggnog, seems to be the classic around new england and it's delicious enough

I fucking love eggnog, but I refuse to drink it until after American Thanksgiving.

But eggnog predates Jim Beam. Or do you mean you got your recipe from a Jim Meam bottle?

The first recipe I used for eggnog was from an old Jim Beam bottle, yes. Sorry for the unclear phrasing.

It's actually a fantastic recipe after a few years of tinkering, but utterly terrible for your health. Using heavy cream instead of milk makes a big difference. (To the tune of 9600 calories per gallon)

Ah I see. In 28 years of nog drinking, I've never made my own. Might give it a shot this year.

>9600 calories per gallon
Jesus fucking christ.

FUCK. Every year I say I'm going to make some dank ass nog and let it chill for a few months. Then the holidays sneak up on me and I'm just another asshole buying cartons

That's just the heavy cream's contribution to the recipe (10 cups). The end result for the egg nog is around 14,840 calories per gallon (with the alcohol).

Absolutely worth the effort. This picture is the recipe I started with years ago. If you are a huge fatass sub heavy cream for milk. If you want to get smashed, do 50/50 eggnog and Jim Beam; you won't even taste the alcohol in this.

Nog is a December drink.

Drinking nog in November is like drinking anything pumpkin on September.

I made some protein-rich muscle nog today to start the season right.

1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 shot whiskey
1 scoop unflavored whey powder
sweetener to taste
fresh ground nutmeg to taste

Shake the milk, egg and whiskey together first to get them smooth. Then shake in the whey and sweetener - I used two packets of saccharin, you should use whichever sweetener you like best. Pour into a mug and season with nutmeg. If you put it in the freezer before your workout, it'll be perfectly cold after.

But I want to taste the alcohol. I usually drink my nog with dark rum, but I'm thinking I'll give brandy a go this year.

Should mention that I quadrupled this recipe to start with (in order to make roughly a gallon) and I normally make 5 gallons per year, which comes out to 4 flats of eggs; I have enough egg whites to make macaroons for days so it's a real win-win for me.

I use Jim Beam because tradition. You don't want to taste that over the nog. I do like to drink brandy in the fall/winter, but only with tea.